Baseball

Other Sports.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Baseball

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Parlay (7 Pick)
NY Yankees, DET Tigers +1.5, PHI Phillies, LA Dodgers, SF Giants, NY Mets, ATL Braves
Apr 08, 2022, 11:56:07AM
DK637850337659437800
Wager:
$5.00
Paid: $124.51
WON
Pick Parlay
+2390

NY Yankees
MONEYLINE
BOS Red Sox @ NY Yankees (4/8 12:05 p.m.)
Result: 5 : 6
−180

DET Tigers +1.5
RUN LINE
CHI White Sox @ DET Tigers (4/8 12:10 p.m.)
Result: 4 : 5
−145

PHI Phillies
MONEYLINE
OAK Athletics @ PHI Phillies (4/8 2:05 p.m.)
Result: 5 : 9
−195

LA Dodgers
MONEYLINE
LA Dodgers @ COL Rockies (4/8 3:10 p.m.)
Result: 5 : 3
−210

SF Giants
MONEYLINE
MIA Marlins @ SF Giants (4/8 3:35 p.m.)
Result: 5 : 6
−145

NY Mets
MONEYLINE
NY Mets @ WAS Nationals (4/8 6:05 p.m.)
Result: 7 : 3
−155

ATL Braves
MONEYLINE
CIN Reds @ ATL Braves (4/8 6:20 p.m.)
Result: 6 : 7
−190
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

"Pete Rose wanted in the courtesy lounge."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:58 pm Wait, KU baseball lost 28-2 last week?
I blame KCrim
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU Baseball is less important to me than KU Women's Basketball.

Take that however you want.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:59 pm
I blame KCrim
Came back the next day and beat them 8-5.
I know, that and eating an onion gets me stinky breath and a post on the Crim.com.

P.S. Cubs World Series!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ritch Price should be the next coach fired at KU. He's been here 20 years and he's a .500 coach. Highest finish in conference play is 3rd. That won't cut it. Decent facilities, high school baseball is pretty good in the state of Kansas. Have to be better.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:04 pm KU Baseball is less important to me than KU Women's Basketball.

Take that however you want.
And both of them were going into the year with head coaches on a likely final year in Lawrence. Women's Basketball took off and did well and got Coach of the Year. KU Baseball is not.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm for it.
He's been around forever.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:41 am
Ritch Price should be the next coach fired at KU. He's been here 20 years and he's a .500 coach. Highest finish in conference play is 3rd. That won't cut it. Decent facilities, high school baseball is pretty good in the state of Kansas. Have to be better.
I think I discussed with Cascadia earlier--I agree that KU baseball should be better, but it's never going to be consistently good. HS baseball in KS is ok, but it just can't naturally compete with the warm weather schools. Plus, you have schools like Miege, Rockhurst, Aguinas, etc. spend all their money on basketball and football.

I'm good with a change, but I think there's a good chance KU baseball won't be any better over the next decade with a change.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:27 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:41 am
I think I discussed with Cascadia earlier--I agree that KU baseball should be better, but it's never going to be consistently good. HS baseball in KS is ok, but it just can't naturally compete with the warm weather schools. Plus, you have schools like Miege, Rockhurst, Aguinas, etc. spend all their money on basketball and football.

I'm good with a change, but I think there's a good chance KU baseball won't be any better over the next decade with a change.
Yep, completely agree. I think having a .500 baseball team that occasionally makes a post season appearance is as good as KU can realistically hope for. Texas and Oklahoma leaving might actually help KU be more competitive.

If you want to move on from Rice, that's fine, he's had his opportunities but I don't think you'll see a significant improvement with another coach.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Have a friend whose nephew is a baseball recruit at Miege. He has visited mizzou and Kansas among others--the programs don't compare right now and mizzou might pluck this kid out of KS. Surely St. Louis is helping mizzou, as is the SEC, but is there a realistic path to becoming as good as mizzou's program? In the Big 10?

I have to say, I don't think Goff wants any program to remain stagnant.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm not sure what it means specifically to KU, but MLB's aggressive contraction of the minor leagues should generally improve the quality of college baseball across the board.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, anyone know what’s up with the Savannah Bananas?

are they baseball’s version of the Globetrotters?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Basically. They have one of those college baseball teams that compete like real baseball, but then they have Bananaball. Different rules, some shenanigans, and great crowd involvement. They have made baseball fun like dancing, if the crowd catches a foul ball, the batter is out and a whole lot more.

I'm hoping to catch a game. They're coming to KC this summer as a part of a tour, but the games sold out extremely quick.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:11 am Basically. They have one of those college baseball teams that compete like real baseball, but then they have Bananaball. Different rules, some shenanigans, and great crowd involvement. They have made baseball fun like dancing, if the crowd catches a foul ball, the batter is out and a whole lot more.

I'm hoping to catch a game. They're coming to KC this summer as a part of a tour, but the games sold out extremely quick.
so it’s the same team, sometimes playing straight up and other times with shenanigans?

or they’ve actually got two separate teams?

they look like fun…i’d definitely go see a game
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think they have 2 different teams. One serious collegiate team that tries to win games and whatnot against other collegiate teams in the Georgia area and then the Bananaball team. I think that's somewhat new though.

The collegiate summer team plays in the summer once school is done. These guys playing now are all out of college and this is their job. It's a semi-pro independent team. When they play at home, they play against the same team, but now they're travelling to Florida, Kansas, Alabama and others across the country to reach more fans (And get more money) Former MLBer Eric Byrnes manages that team. He's kind of a crazy guy too from his time on MLB Network.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

gotcha, thanks
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My Portland Seadogs got into an all out brawl with the Binghamton Rumble Ponies today. There was a face punch.

This local guy says on the news "baseball is for kids, all of this is baloney. Also, HCSD is maybe the best coach ever."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Miguel Cabrera. Underrated I think.

A lot of us had a front row seat for much of it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

3,000+ hits
500+ HR's
600+ doubles
.310 lifetime average

2x MVP
Won a World Series
Won the Triple Crown

Could anyone outside of a baseball fan tell you who he is if his name is mentioned?