Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by defixione »

PDub recruited him for the role he's playing. To quote a high level authority in his camp, 'no rational person would believe this crap.'
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

defixione wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:03 pm PDub recruited him for the role he's playing. To quote a high level authority in his camp, 'no rational person would believe this crap.'
You’re giving Dubs too much credit. More likely Dubbie is just and idiot and too dumb/scared to do the right thing.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I was banned during the week KU played USC (and we lost, so I blame Pdub's karma for that loss). He also edits and deletes my postings in ways that I cannot do anything about. It's his site, I get it. He can do what he wants. Just pointing out that he's not exactly coddling me.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Can't everyone just "foe" him?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I did. Also, stop quoting him.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

No surprise that Mjl comes to Lobby’s defense.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:06 pm I said it was a "rumor." Do you guys know what a "rumor" is? :lol:

https://twitter.com/RobPetrosian/status ... 2001%2Fpg1
Let me guess. You didn't bother to read any of the responses to the tweet. Am I right?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:37 pm No surprise that Mjl comes to Lobby’s defense.
1. Interesting coming from the poster most similar to Lobster.
2. It's not coming to his defense, it's hoping to get to stop seeing his bullshit when you all quote him. But, see #1 to see why you probably can't understand that.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

According to Cascadia, MJL is a "Trumper."
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't think anyone quite captures the essence of Trump better than David Roth.

What Exactly Is Donald Trump Upset About Here?

https://defector.com/what-exactly-is-do ... bout-here/
One of the defining aspects of the highly caffeinated conservative cable news sludge that Trump still chugs thirstily from morning until night is that it is hard to understand. It is intended to induce a state of heated clammy umbrage in the slack and softening minds of its consumers, and reliably does that, but it does this more through tone and frequency than by means of information. The point is to keep everyone watching both very upset and kind of curious about what exactly they’re upset about. This worked both on Trump and for him, but in no way can it be said to have made him more informed. Nothing on earth has ever really done that, but the idea is to repeat things enough that even passive viewers will be able to pick up the broad strokes, learn the heroes and villains and outrages and memes, get upset when they’re supposed to get upset and keep watching through the commercial breaks. Someone who watches enough hours of this will become not just familiar with but wholly conversant in all the salty phonemes that make up its language, but never quite know what the fuck they’re talking about.

For an example of what this might sound like, here is a two-minute video of Donald Trump calling into Newsmax, a cable news channel that broadcasts the maximum amount of news allowable by law, talking about what a shame it is that Major League Baseball moved its All-Star Game out of Atlanta in response to Georgia’s new slate of laws aimed at making voting more onerous, annoying, and difficult to do. The stuff that approaches fact in the discussion is wildly, 180-degrees wrong—there’s no reasonable comparison between Colorado and Georgia’s voting laws, for starters—but mostly they are just kind of making the same sounds back and forth.

The big guy just loves to talk and truly loves to be on TV, but also his dedication to television and congenital blowhard incuriosity makes it difficult for him to communicate beyond aiming to replicate the various smears of color and noise that he encounters there. Here, later in the same conversation, we see Trump running aground when asked whether his people should boycott MLB in response to the woke, the thing with the woke that is actually very sad, with the All-Star Game, that no one cares about but which is really so regrettable.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

This man has killed so many people.

https://twitter.com/danielle_ivory/stat ... 38248?s=21
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Be done with the propaganda. Get yourself vaccinated. Live again.

You can do it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 am Be done with the propaganda. Get yourself vaccinated. Live again.

You can do it.
Bet there's plenty on a ventilator in your "great" state that thought they could live again.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:30 pm This man has killed so many people.

https://twitter.com/danielle_ivory/stat ... 38248?s=21
It's not unreasonable to think that, when all of the dust settles here, Trump's vanity, idiocy and selfishness will have cost a half-million American lives.

Pretty neat that a third of the country still worships at the altar.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Crazy how easy it was for Russia to co-opt the republican party and turn public health into a personal freedom shout fest. It will kill a lot more Americans.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Sparko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am It will kill a lot more Americans.
Not me. I'm vaccinated.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am Crazy how easy it was for Russia to co-opt the republican party and turn public health into a personal freedom shout fest. It will kill a lot more Americans.
Yes, and at some point we really need to do the hard investigative work to unpack this.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mich, that is a good thing. Talk to folks who are reading Putin’s antivax screeds up there.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am Crazy how easy it was for Russia to co-opt the republican party and turn public health into a personal freedom shout fest. It will kill a lot more Americans.
Related:

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/1384177140170559498