Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:17 pm Not sure i really like the way they're handling this.
Isn’t the Republican mantra “they are private business so they can do whatever they want”? Whatever happened to “conservative social media”??

BTW, I haven’t been on my FB account in 2021 (my absence started earlier) - it began as I was just too busy at work and didn’t want one more time suck. Now I’m just seeing how long I can hold out! I think FB is evil personified....
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you aren’t alone
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:07 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:17 pm Not sure i really like the way they're handling this.
Isn’t the Republican mantra “they are private business so they can do whatever they want”? Whatever happened to “conservative social media”??

BTW, I haven’t been on my FB account in 2021 (my absence started earlier) - it began as I was just too busy at work and didn’t want one more time suck. Now I’m just seeing how long I can hold out! I think FB is evil personified....
Just one of several examples of the party being platformless, outside of grievance and owning the libs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:07 pm

It's “they are private business so they can do whatever I am OK with them doing”. It seems to be their opinion of humans in general.
Deleted User 89

right

pubs were all about corporate america right up until corporate america started calling out their bs voter suppression tactics
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Like I was saying elsewhere, absolutely no redeeming values. Fealty to Cheeto Fuhrer and nothing else.... and owning the libs.....and White Supremacy. Actually they do have three values, none of them redeeming!
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

:lol:

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm :lol:

You're a cunt.

This should be one if the best and most optimistic day/time we've had in a while and all you want to do is shit on it because you were wrong.

Go get vaccinated.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm :lol:

I would like to know who advised (or apparently did NOT advise) Biden on that tweet.
The "rule"?

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I fear the cdc and biden are setting us up for failure and yet another lockdown when this doesn't work. Im all for relaxing snd getting life back but we all know where this is headed....another increase in numbers and a new reason to shut it down.

Either open it up with no caveats or dont do it at all. They're playing the game and its just going to lead to more division
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

perhaps you should tell folks like rand paul to stfu, and just let them do their job, guided by science, rather than try to appease the bitching and moaning of some
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

They havent bothered appeasing anybody until now. I dont think i have rand Paul in the rolodex
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

point is, their jobs are hard enough as is. their decisions literally can be life or death, with all the blame (but rarely reward) to go along with it

they don’t need petulant law makers with bad perms telling them how to do their jobs, particularly when those lawmakers and their supporters have fought following the science from day 1
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Who is they? Isnt that the lawmakers job? I hear lot of democrats running their mouth about how to do the job and havent heard that they should stfu snd let "them" do their jobs
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And as fast as i seem to be losing hair i hope i have enough that i could perm or at least jheri curl in 10 years
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

rand paul is fantastic.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:29 am Who is they? Isnt that the lawmakers job? I hear lot of democrats running their mouth about how to do the job and havent heard that they should stfu snd let "them" do their jobs
they is the cdc

what dems are telling the cdc how to do their job, or questioning the motivations of how they’re doing their job? i want them to do what they’re supposed to...follow the science

in a sense, you’re right that lawmakers have oversight of the cdc. but, folks like rand and much of the right have politicized this to no end, starting from the very beginning. sorry, but i just can’t trust the motivations and priorities of folks that got on the “hoax” bandwagon

this much is true, as is historically the case with pandemics - if you think you’re doing enough, you probably aren’t. if you’re always reactionary in your mitigation steps, you’re always going to be a step behind. if you really want to get out in front and truly have a chance at control, you have to be overly cautious...particularly fur a new virus that were still learning about
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:36 am rand paul is fantastic.
and you’re an idiot
Deleted User 89

it’s really amazing, how people love science and all the improvements it has affected towards health and happiness...right up to the point it becomes inconvenient