Sat Shack

You Love It.
Cascadia

Re: Sat Shack

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 am from a natural beauty standpoint, the Great Lakes states have a lot of pretty elements.

from a social and cultural standpoint, yea lotta michhawks around.

plus all the nasty rust belt industrial concerns. It's weird to go to some river or lake and have signs everywhere like "we strongly recommend NOT eating any fish out of this polluted shitstream"
Yep, like Utah, ruined by the people who live there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But i'd also say that can be the same with many states including Cascadia's fave Washington.
You go out to Eastern Washington and you've got some of the same flags that we are pegging MICH for.*

*edited
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Washington not my favorite
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:27 am Philly is an awesome city too.
LOL
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

As far as diverse, natural beauty, Washington is pretty tough to beat.

I don't judge a state and its beauty by its' politics.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I love me some Philly.
Just need to get to know it.
Got a lot of history in that city too ( for a US city ).

Allegheny National Park.
Poconos.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:46 am As far as diverse, natural beauty, Washington is pretty tough to beat.

I don’t disagree. Washington has some amazing places. Everything west of the cascades. North Central above Wenatchee is gorgeous. Spokane itself is kind of trashy but the region (especially north) is amazing. I’ve never been to the Pulman area so I can’t offer an opinion on what that. Central Washington and the TriCities are a dump though.

As for judging a a state by its politics (or people), just imagine what Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons would look like if they were under state control.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:46 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 am from a natural beauty standpoint, the Great Lakes states have a lot of pretty elements.

plus all the nasty rust belt industrial concerns. It's weird to go to some river or lake and have signs everywhere like "we strongly recommend NOT eating any fish out of this polluted shitstream"
fuck you and your couch
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I went to Philly once. Didn’t do a ton though. Ate cheesesteaks. Listened to drunk jersey doods scream racial and homophobic slurs in the restaurant. Saw the Rocky steps. Kinda got the vibe that Philly had a giant chip on its shoulder from having so many other northeast cities that are cooler than them.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:54 am
Cascadia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:46 am

fuck you and your couch
😀😀

The beauty of Utah about to be permanently ruined when the Great Salt Lake dries up. Fucking tragic. Not sure how much that affects the southern part of the state though.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am I went to Philly once. Didn’t do a ton though. Ate cheesesteaks. Listened to drunk jersey doods scream racial and homophobic slurs in the restaurant. Saw the Rocky steps. Kinda got the vibe that Philly had a giant chip on its shoulder from having so many other northeast cities that are cooler than them.
Like Chicago, massive little brother syndrome
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Been to Philly on numerous occasions and have yet to find many redeeming qualities.

Kensington is nice though...
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:54 am
Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:46 am As far as diverse, natural beauty, Washington is pretty tough to beat.

I don’t disagree. Washington has some amazing places. Everything west of the cascades. North Central above Wenatchee is gorgeous. Spokane itself is kind of trashy but the region (especially north) is amazing. I’ve never been to the Pulman area so I can’t offer an opinion on what that. Central Washington and the TriCities are a dump though.

As for judging a a state by its politics (or people), just imagine what Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons would look like if they were under state control.
The drive on Hwy 2 from Wenatchee to Everett is pretty stellar.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Hwy 2 is stunning
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

digitalkookie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am Been to Philly on numerous occasions and have yet to find many redeeming qualities.

“Fuck you bro, come at me!”
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:03 am
digitalkookie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am Been to Philly on numerous occasions and have yet to find many redeeming qualities.

“Fuck you bro, come at me!”
Bingo
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, I like Boston a lot too, and i'd say the "come at me bro" can be just as bad there.
The American history side of me gives cities a big boost.
( also good art museum )
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Yeah, that amazing history of white men oppressing women and POC is truly inspiring.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You're basically Illy.
Just grumpier.
Like a very liberal Oscar the Grouch.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Just aware of the truth. Not interested in the white washed history of this country.