InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2022 Season

Post by InfiniteJ »

hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

One of the new quirks to transfer rule. Play four games Redshirt transfer.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Potter was still listed on the depth chart that came out Tuesday afternoon at the LB spot with Craig Young.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And still on roster as it is listed now on website. Who knows.

But yeah, the 4 games and redshirt and transfer is a common thing now. See Khalil Herbert when he decided the NIGHT before the game at TCU.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Is Kansas worse off or better off if it loses Potter? I have cursed his name as many times as I have praised him to be honest. Too slow for his position.
UnholyLivingDead

Potter isn't great by any means, but our defense also isn't very good so we can't really afford to lose our one quality which is depth.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He provides some D1 talent depth, which is important. He doesn't do a lot great, but he does enough.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Potter is absolutely a loss if he’s gone. Experienced player that plays a ton of snaps for a defense that can’t afford to take any hits.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And do we know if he is actually gone or is this just random social media speculation?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Well remember this too. Potter at one point during camp was, as Leipold described it, "Not with the program right now" Now, he obviously came back and has played in all 4 games, but this isn't the first time there has maybe been an issue with staff and Potter.

UnholyLivingDead

Yeah this is far from a sure thing. Stricker usually has his ear to the ground and hears all the buzz but he's far from always correct. As Newton said, this isn't the first time Potter has been rumored to be leaving the team so maybe there's some smoke there.

DB Jarrett Paul left the team and was off the roster/depth chart the same day. So the fact that Potter is still listed on both probably means nothing is for sure yet.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:57 am And do we know if he is actually gone or is this just random social media speculation?
The latter, but I think it's clear now that Bryson has an insider in the program--probably a non-coaching staff member.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:05 am Well remember this too. Potter at one point during camp was, as Leipold described it, "Not with the program right now" Now, he obviously came back and has played in all 4 games, but this isn't the first time there has maybe been an issue with staff and Potter.
Hopefully not, but a medical issue would also make sense in this scenario.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Isn't the maximum amount of game appearances 4 for a redshirt?

Perhaps some decisions are being made off of that.
UnholyLivingDead

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:16 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:57 am And do we know if he is actually gone or is this just random social media speculation?
The latter, but I think it's clear now that Bryson has an insider in the program--probably a non-coaching staff member.
Guy gets a lot of crap in some KU circles but it's pretty obvious that he's plugged in.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:17 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:16 am
Guy gets a lot of crap in some KU circles but it's pretty obvious that he's plugged in.
I don't know him from Adam, but I would presume even he would agree that he brings some of that on himself. I think it's clear he has a guy, but I stop well short of treating what he says as completely factual. And then programs like using guys like that and media to get their narrative out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hey Travis Goff and Co..

Look at this badass stadium Northwestern is building and it only has 35k seats.

Do something like this...

https://rebuildryanfield.com/

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I think 40k with the ability to expand is the right move.

I don't see football ever getting to the point where KU needs 60k seats.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:53 am Hey Travis Goff and Co..

Look at this badass stadium Northwestern is building and it only has 35k seats.

Do something like this...

https://rebuildryanfield.com/
i like that design
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:03 am Yeah, I think 40k with the ability to expand is the right move.

I don't see football ever getting to the point where KU needs 60k seats.
40-45K is the sweet spot. I don't think it's terribly complicated.

Put 2 decks on either side. Obviously not as many rows and scoot the bleachers in quite a bit. Close off the north bowl and make that flat, and then add about 20 rows of seating in the south end zone with some berms or something in the corners and have the players enter from beneath those berms. Fairly similar to the 2017 layout they put out there. But obviously could make it better. The bowl will probably have to go away.

Bite the bullet and go play at Sporting KC Park for 2 years while all of this is done and then you'll have a sweet stadium.