21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

Re:Newton’s post that’s too long to wanna quote:

I know transfers are a whole new dynamic, but aren’t the Pettifords and Cuffes pretty precisely that Mason/Graham recruiting archetype?

we’re still going after those guys. Besides the transfers, the big recruiting thing that’s changed is, we aren’t getting those top 25 burgers any more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not sure how the new transfer rules will affect Bill's recruiting. Could see it going at least a couple of different directions: either a heavy focus on Top 10 guys, or opting for guys in the 30's-90's so they will stick around and adding your 1st team all-league players through transfer portal.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:02 am
twocoach wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:14 am We're loaded enough right now
We are?

We don't feel loaded to me. Feels like there is a chance Braun and DMac are our 2 best players next year.

If Och and Wilson come back then i will feel somewhat loaded....but not by Kansas standards imo.

Loaded with bodies? Sure.

Loaded with high end recruits / future NBA players? I am not seeing it yet.

I would love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong though.

(I actually think it's more likely Och comes back than Jalen tbh)
If you think Christian Braun may be better than Remy Martin then there really isn't much more I can say. We'll just agree to disagree.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So much hinges on that Remy decision.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And re: Self doesn’t have the greatest record with top 5-10 guys compared to Cal or K, are we sure?

Cal and K have both landed a lot more too 5-10 guys than Self.

What’s the metric here? Jackson was great. Cliff was ineligible. Kelly ended up being good but I guess not a program changing guy. Wiggins was, and is, just not particularly alpha or competitive. Cheick was ineligible, then could never get past Self’s bro crush on Perry. X was good. Julian Wright was good. Selby was ineligible then good for like 6 games then hurt. Quentin Grimes lol.

Maybe Self’s luck with top 10 isn’t as good as Cal or K. Or maybe his one chance to land one of those program-changing stars that Cal and K seem to land, ended up being just so damn Canadian.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:09 am
We're probably not going to see many top 5-10 recruits pick Kansas. Self doesn't have the greatest record with them and he won't suck their dick as much as Cal or K do.
This is going to send illy over the edge

Cause, donchaknow ...

BOTH SIDES DO IT!!!!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

All things being equal, with guys transferring in and out regularly, gives Self a huge advantage because he is the best coach. The caveat is a place like Gonzaga where they go out of their way to keep the same team. Wouldn't be surprised to see them offering 40-acres and a Bentley.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

wonder if this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. seems like a medical redshirt next season. When he committed we weren't expecting remy martin or even yesefu yet I beleive. between those 2 and dajuan harris there isnt gonna be much immediate playing time for pettiford. if he sticks around he could be a really good college player when he gets his chance
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cuffe to compete with too.

but medical, at least, redshirt might not be necessary. No surgery required. That article makes it sound like he'll be playing again by the end of June.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cuffe is interesting to me.

I would guess, if we lose Ochai, the 8-man rotation is
Remy
Yesufu
Braun
Wilson
Dave
Coleman-Lands (can we just say JCL?)
Harris
Martin or Clemence

Which leaves out Pettiford, Cuffe, Adams, Mitch, and Martin or Clemence.

Thing is, Cuffe has the insane athleticism to be a spark when needed. The same way Bill used TGF a couple times last year. But hopefully Cuffe can make good enough decisions for it to be more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cuffe will be a good defender. Self kept bringing up his young age to CJ Moore. Makes me think he’s not quite ready, but he’s going to be a stud in time.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Borzello today, nothing new to this board:

4. Kansas Jayhawks

Previous: 8

Following the departure of Marcus Garrett, the one thing Kansas was missing entering next season was a playmaker at point guard. Bill Self knew it, too. First, Self landed Joseph Yesufu, a solid transfer from Drake who could have run the show and brought quickness and athleticism. But the reason for the Jayhawks' rise in the rankings was the addition of Arizona State transfer Remy Martin. Arguably the best transfer in the game, Martin was a two-time first-team All-Pac-12 performer who averaged better than 19 points each of the past two seasons. He's a high-level playmaker who will bring an added dimension to an offense that went through some lulls last season. The big question moving forward for Kansas will be the status of Ochai Agbaji. Agbaji entered the NBA draft and ultimately could decide to keep his name in the player pool. Kansas also added veteran Iowa State transfer Jalen Coleman-Lands to provide some insurance in case that happens. Restarting the Big 12 title streak could be in the cards.

Projected starting lineup:

Remy Martin (19.1 PPG at Arizona State)
Christian Braun (9.8 PPG)
Ochai Agbaji (14.2 PPG)
Jalen Wilson (12.1 PPG)
David McCormack (13.4 PPG, 6.1 RPG)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... gs-2021-22
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If you project that we'll have Martin, Och and Jalen, #4 is 2 or 3 spots too low.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:56 am If you project that we'll have Martin, Och and Jalen, #4 is 2 or 3 spots too low.
I am bullish on all of our teams, but 2019 and 2021 just really stung me.

Remy has me buzzing, though. Exactly what the team needed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Silvio posted on social media working out with Cam Martin.

What’s Silvio’s status, anyway? Just being a townie and still on good terms with the players even though he got kicked off the team?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In the clip, Martin’s jumper does look good tho.

Smooth touch and high release.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:33 pm Silvio posted on social media working out with Cam Martin.

What’s Silvio’s status, anyway? Just being a townie and still on good terms with the players even though he got kicked off the team?
Yes.

His girlfriend is on the softball team.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And he’s still buddy buddy with the team despite not being on it?

Or just buddy buddy with our incoming big man recruits?

Either way, please don’t let Cam go hang with Silvio at Brothers please.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And did Silvio try to go play anywhere else? Did any other schools recruit him? Where’s his felony charges stand anyway?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:15 pm And he’s still buddy buddy with the team despite not being on it?

Or just buddy buddy with our incoming big man recruits?

Either way, please don’t let Cam go hang with Silvio at Brothers please.
Tbh, he doesn't show up on social media with our current players very often. Self is a loyal dude, but this was clearly a force out (judging by him saying he was leaving and never really leaving or doing anything else). My guess is Silvio still has the same trainer connections as our current guys like Cam for off season stuff.

It'd be wild if he came back to KU, but seems highly unlikely.