Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by TDub »

None of it matters the way China is going anyway.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:28 pm in my mind, this is low-hanging fruit

more meaningful legislation would require...actual legislation and involvement with congress

this is something Biden/DoE can just do relatively easily
Isnt that their fing job?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:28 pm I think we should tackle the biggest offensers first. To make the biggest difference why go after the individual? Because the individual doesnt have a lucrative lobby.
this isn’t really going after the individual though, it’s going after the industry (and going back to rules that were in place before trump)

nobody is going to mandate that everyone changes their shower heads...the rules only affect new shower heads being manufactured and sold, right?
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:28 pm in my mind, this is low-hanging fruit

more meaningful legislation would require...actual legislation and involvement with congress

this is something Biden/DoE can just do relatively easily
Isnt that their fing job?
yes, but it’s a long, convoluted process

and we both know the difficulties associated with congress getting anything done
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:28 pm I think we should tackle the biggest offensers first. To make the biggest difference why go after the individual? Because the individual doesnt have a lucrative lobby.
difference of opinion

i think the easy, low-hanging fruit should get dealt with first

reverting back to pre-trump conservation standards shouldn’t be a big deal
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:33 pm
difference of opinion

Its not a big deal. Its just a typical politician look how much we're doing to change. While accomplishing nothing and being paid to ignore the bigger issues.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:40 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:33 pm
difference of opinion

Its not a big deal. Its just a typical politician look how much we're doing to change. While accomplishing nothing and being paid to ignore the bigger issues.
i think maybe you should be blaming cnn then, rather than the administration or DoE
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:24 pm This is a feel good...look were doing something by doing nothing approach. It was an equally worthless move by trump meant only to repeal a democratic ruling to appease a few.
It's jumping over a $20 bill to grab a $1 bill.

We do it as individuals too. Every time I go to the store with my canvas bag acting like I'm saving the world, and then everything I place inside it is produce wrapped in plastic, meat wrapped in plastic and styrofoam, carboard boxes full of shit, etc.

Nice, I used 3 fewer grocery bags. Probably reduced my waste on that trip by <5%.

You want to stay positive and say every little bit counts, but then you see the numbers.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Is that crack or meth he's smoking?

He's like Don Jr, hold my beer, let me show you how it's done. LOL
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If Hunter Biden was meeting with world leaders on US policy items like Trump's idiot children were then I would care about that video.

He isn't.

I hope he gets control of his demons before they kill him. Outside of that, I do not care at all.
Deleted User 89

^^^^^
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Are you referencing Ivanka at the G20?

She's a hell of a lot more sane/stable than her dad. Not saying it wasn't problematic, but her dad is probably the biggest idiot in the family so she couldn't do too much damage.

Now suddenly crackhead Hunter is the next great artist of the 21st century?...speaking of grifters. He never misses an opportunity to make some money off daddy's name/power.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Donnie Jr says Hi
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/china/ch ... index.html

Cool.....pull away, let china in...lets get china more involved in supporting the taliban...good move.

Note: I am typically pro bringing troops home and not policing the world. But, allowing China more influence and power in a hot bed of instability....the warning signs for this move were apparent and recognizable.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

they’ve met with Russia too, fwiw

a situation of damned if you do, damned if you don’t...wouldn’t have mattered who was president when it happened, the pull out was always gonna be dicey

heck, if china/russia can get them to behave, i’m all for it. china’s footprint in Africa is enormous, but it doesn’t seem to be to our detriment
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, cuz foreign meddling in Afghanistan has always worked out well
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:05 pm they’ve met with Russia too, fwiw

a situation of damned if you do, damned if you don’t...wouldn’t have mattered who was president when it happened, the pull out was always gonna be dicey

heck, if china/russia can get them to behave, i’m all for it. china’s footprint in Africa is enormous, but it doesn’t seem to be to our detriment
The money and arms china and russia can provide will only be a detriment to the "western" world. We found that out decades ago with or own cash and guns.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And by "behave" if you mean doing the dirty work for china and russia for further violence and destabilization of the US that they can use for their benefit....then yea, Im sure theyll behave
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:44 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:05 pm they’ve met with Russia too, fwiw

The money and arms china and russia can provide will only be a detriment to the "western" world. We found that out decades ago with or own cash and guns.
so what would you have had Biden do? serious question

he likely would have been vilified regardless of his decision

as i said earlier, china has an enormous footprint in parts of africa, namely parts where there is a notable boko haram presence. to my knowledge, they aren’t providing support for those terrorists