Da Weed Thread

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:25 am when and where they can, cops still gonna cop.

I imagine that for pretty much everywhere weed IS still legal, enforcement is still draconian as ever.

heck, weed is legal as F here but still just saw cops raid a bar patio cuz they smelled something funny.

I know it's technically not legal to smoke in public, but come on, it's the middle of the night on a bar patio with people smoking anyway, who cares. I mean of all the things to be putting law enforcement resources toward...
Eh, you mostly lose me here. Throwing your Taco Bell trash on the sidewalk or drinking in public isn't going to cause a lot of damage in the grand scheme of things either, but why the hell do any of this if you're in the vicinity of cops or expect to be in their area? Daring them for a fine at that point. That's such low-hanging fruit for a street cop patrolling the area--they write a citation in 5 minutes and they are on their way doing their patrol.

But maybe bigger for me, why the hell is someone smoking bud on a patio in 2022 anyway? Get yourself something more convenient, quicker, public-friendly, hits just as hard, and doesn't stink like shit. No sympathy from me if you're still sparking up in public these days.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:25 am when and where they can, cops still gonna cop.

I imagine that for pretty much everywhere weed IS still legal, enforcement is still draconian as ever.

heck, weed is legal as F here but still just saw cops raid a bar patio cuz they smelled something funny.

I know it's technically not legal to smoke in public, but come on, it's the middle of the night on a bar patio with people smoking anyway, who cares. I mean of all the things to be putting law enforcement resources toward...
sure ya did. While putting together your Spotify list of Taylor Swift songs to post about here.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, she's a lot better at pop music than she is a beer pong.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

always trying to be the funny man. reality be damned.

and yet, still wonder why people don't take you seriously.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:55 am

Eh, you mostly lose me here. Throwing your Taco Bell trash on the sidewalk or drinking in public isn't going to cause a lot of damage in the grand scheme of things either, but why the hell do any of this if you're in the vicinity of cops or expect to be in their area? Daring them for a fine at that point. That's such low-hanging fruit for a street cop patrolling the area--they write a citation in 5 minutes and they are on their way doing their patrol.

But maybe bigger for me, why the hell is someone smoking bud on a patio in 2022 anyway? Get yourself something more convenient, quicker, public-friendly, hits just as hard, and doesn't stink like shit. No sympathy from me if you're still sparking up in public these days.
this element of the evening wasn't exactly planned out meticulously, but next time I wander upon such a situation, I'll ask around for edibles instead.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Didn't realize it was you, wasn't meant to be critical. Buy yourself a pen. We've all done plenty of not well thought out shit in our lives and have had to wear the stupid sign.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It was a small town bar on an otherwise pretty quiet night. Wasn’t expecting cops in the area but there they were with nothing better to do than hide in the shadows outside the patio, apparently.

But yea, I agree on the principle that there’s too many other options if you really wanna be stoned, that smoking on a public patio is dumb, and basically daring the bored small town cops to cite you. Low-hanging fruit, indeed.

At least one dood out there really did have some big stogie tobacco cigar, which was pretty aromatic in itself. The cops didn’t appreciate the gaslight that maybe they just had that smell mistaken.

I almost wanna comment on some “de jure” versus “de facto” distinction, cuz it’s not exactly the first time anyone lit up a doobie in Colorado. On a bar patio, even!

But go figure it’s the first time I at least ever saw cops doing anything about it, and in numbers, and with zeal.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's really not that difficult to stay of the cops radar. been doing it my whole life. with very little effort.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What about that time you went for a boat ride during lockdown?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:50 pm it's really not that difficult to stay of the cops radar. been doing it my whole life. with very little effort.
There are no cops in Michigan malls.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:50 pm it's really not that difficult to stay of the cops radar. been doing it my whole life. with very little effort.
Tell me you're white without telling me you're white.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The last single mom I dated likes to brag about how many traffic citations she’s avoided with a CoyDC smile and a push-up bra.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i predict. that no matter your skin color. if you are not smoking a joint on the deck of the bar. you will not be hassled for smoking a joint on the deck of the bar.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"You match the description of a suspect we were looking for."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"A lady named Karen called us and said you weren't from around here."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"Your ex-boyfriend is part of a drug investigation so we got a no-knock warrant at your new boyfriend's apartment and mowed it down with bullets."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"He said he was jogging but he looked like a burglar so we did our duty and executed a citizen's arrest."
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:15 pm The last single mom I dated likes to brag about how many traffic citations she’s avoided with a CoyDC smile and a push-up bra.
Sure she does.

How fucking misogynistic is it for you to say some dumb shit like this? It's like a really bad comedy routine that just won't end.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’ll spare ous, but that’s a dumb response from illy.