Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Kids like doing it in public.

I prefer my couch.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by Shirley »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:52 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:38 pmEveryone who wants rec weed already has buddied up with someone who had a medical card here in KC. But it will be nice now to walk in and pick it up myself even if my 1/8 costs another $8 to $10 due to taxes.
Getting an RX for and maintaining a medical card is more of a hassle and nearly as costly as just walking in and paying a sin tax.
q4t
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:58 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:46 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:52 pm

Getting an RX for and maintaining a medical card is more of a hassle and nearly as costly as just walking in and paying a sin tax.
I came to that same conclusion. When I break down the cost of an 1/8th of "clementine" to the cost of Dogfish Head beer on a per dose basis, the weed is still cheaper than my previous relaxation routine. And the beer isn't making my brain any younger so there is that.
If you're still buying flower form from a dispensary, you're gen x at the youngest. ;)
Unabashedly boomer.

We have had mixed results with gummies and drinks. I don't think it is as common now, but many early versions of those edibles used an alcohol solvent process of some sort to extract thc and to keep the gummie; gummy. Annie has a very low tolerance for alcohol, almost to the point of being allergic. So just a trace amount made for a lousy evening. Nothing worse than getting high and then spending the next 3 hours puking. It seems to take a lot of the joy out of it for her, and me. So many of those products do not give you a heads up on their process for extraction, so I just gravitated to a Pax vape and flower years ago on my daughter's advice. And I like the incremental dosage control that the vape gives me. I do like the odorless Ripple Pure powders for travel purposes.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I find the combination of inconsistency from piece to piece combined with the long time to kick in of edibles frustrating so I rarely use those.
Vape is the usual go to, but if I have plenty of time I prefer flower because it's cheaper and I like the effects more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

japhy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:26 amSo many of those products do not give you a heads up on their process for extraction, so I just gravitated to a Pax vape and flower years ago on my daughter's advice.
What's the odor like using the Pax and flower?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:01 pm I find the combination of inconsistency from piece to piece combined with the long time to kick in of edibles frustrating so I rarely use those.
The favorite thing we have found are the high concentrate drinks. A capful is about 7.5 mg and, the best part, it kicks in in about 10 minutes. So, you can tell really quickly if you might want a little more. They're just really great.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:26 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:58 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:46 pm

I came to that same conclusion. When I break down the cost of an 1/8th of "clementine" to the cost of Dogfish Head beer on a per dose basis, the weed is still cheaper than my previous relaxation routine. And the beer isn't making my brain any younger so there is that.
If you're still buying flower form from a dispensary, you're gen x at the youngest. ;)
Unabashedly boomer.

We have had mixed results with gummies and drinks. I don't think it is as common now, but many early versions of those edibles used an alcohol solvent process of some sort to extract thc and to keep the gummie; gummy. Annie has a very low tolerance for alcohol, almost to the point of being allergic. So just a trace amount made for a lousy evening. Nothing worse than getting high and then spending the next 3 hours puking. It seems to take a lot of the joy out of it for her, and me. So many of those products do not give you a heads up on their process for extraction, so I just gravitated to a Pax vape and flower years ago on my daughter's advice. And I like the incremental dosage control that the vape gives me. I do like the odorless Ripple Pure powders for travel purposes.
I had a vape pen for a bit but developed a nasty cough as a result. It really shredded my lungs.

That and I don't really do portion control well. It was way too easy to do way too much with a vape pen. I burned through those things really fast.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:04 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:26 amSo many of those products do not give you a heads up on their process for extraction, so I just gravitated to a Pax vape and flower years ago on my daughter's advice.
What's the odor like using the Pax and flower?
Without actual combustion of the leafy matter, the smell is not as strong. It smells more like fresh weed than weed smoke. I turn it on and take a few hits and then turn it back off. One of my dogs likes the smell and comes into the kitchen to see what's up and the other gives me a disgusted look and leaves the room. If you walk into the kitchen a few minutes later you don't really notice the smell. Our kitchen always smells like food so that makes a difference as well.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:01 pm I find the combination of inconsistency from piece to piece combined with the long time to kick in of edibles frustrating so I rarely use those.
Vape is the usual go to, but if I have plenty of time I prefer flower because it's cheaper and I like the effects more.
I guess I just rarely have to worry about how long it takes for a gummy to kick in. I don't do so much that I can't still be out and about doing my thing when I start feeling them. I am not looking to get blasted or anything; just managing pain and anxiety and taking the edge off. If I have a day where I want to get a good buzz then I'll just eat several gummies and ride them out for several hours. Taking 20 minutes to get rolling really isn't a big deal to me when you're going to be high for 4 hours.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

...I prefer flower.
^^^

(But then, sometimes I wonder if I'm not actually a deeply closeted smoker?
"Deeply", because there's nothing I like about smoking cigarets.)
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I also prefer flower ( not that I don't like gummies or drinks ) .
Call me old school.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:22 pm
I guess I just rarely have to worry about how long it takes for a gummy to kick in. I don't do so much that I can't still be out and about doing my thing when I start feeling them. I am not looking to get blasted or anything; just managing pain and anxiety and taking the edge off. If I have a day where I want to get a good buzz then I'll just eat several gummies and ride them out for several hours. Taking 20 minutes to get rolling really isn't a big deal to me when you're going to be high for 4 hours.
I think it was japhy here who started me on taking a gummy right before stepping into an airport for a long day of leisure travel, especially with layovers. Game changer. Even the smallest airport lounges become very pleasant.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 am Kids like doing it in public.

I prefer my couch.
I'd like to know DC's favorite route to the couch.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Here’s a question:

Anyone make their own edibles?

I been meaning to just get a cheap ounce and throw it and some butter in the crock pot.

Cuz pretty much all commercially offered edibles are cookies or gummies or some other sweet, while I’d prefer to avoid the sugar if possible.

One company out here offered “chill pills,” which were exactly what they sound like, and were great, but I haven’t seen them around in a while
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we can get 5mg medical mints out here that are just about perfect for taking the edge off

in my younger days we did the butter infusion. did the brownie thing, but i personally preferred cinnamon and sugar toast on some weed-buttered bread
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:03 pm
I think it was japhy here who started me on taking a gummy right before stepping into an airport for a long day of leisure travel, especially with layovers. Game changer. Even the smallest airport lounges become very pleasant.
A gummy before a long day of just about anything works well. Got a lot of work done organizing my garage on Sunday killing time before the Chiefs game. Slapped a 4x8 sheet of peg board up and got a bunch of tools sorted and organized.

The one thing I look forward to with the MO recreational dispensaries is being able to get indica-based gummies again. The hemp-based and sativa-based ones just aren't as good for winding down and chilling.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:25 pm we can get 5mg medical mints out here that are just about perfect for taking the edge off

in my younger days we did the butter infusion. did the brownie thing, but i personally preferred cinnamon and sugar toast on some weed-buttered bread
I need a minimum of 10mg to get me there. Too much of me for 5mg to do the trick.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:03 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:25 pm we can get 5mg medical mints out here that are just about perfect for taking the edge off

I need a minimum of 10mg to get me there. Too much of me for 5mg to do the trick.
i get it

they aren’t really to “get high” per se…just to take the edge off
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:03 pm
That guy is a dick.

But when he is right, he is right.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Surprise announcement, rec weed sales start tomorrow in MO. The State will send an email to each individual dispensary letting them know they are officially approved to sell rec weed. As soon as each dispensary gets their email they will be able to start sales immediately, they do not have to wait until Monday. It should give them all weekend to satisfy the sales rush and will keep the lines down as they might get the email first thing in the morning or at 5:00 PM. It might be a little crazy around the dispensaries tomorrow.

https://www.aol.com/pleasantly-surprise ... 29530.html