Da Weed Thread

Coffee talk.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by Back2Lawrence »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:21 am
japhy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:47 pm No lines today. Sign up ahead of time with an account at the dispensary of your choice. Do your window shopping on line and and place an order on line. That way you walk past the line of folks from Johnson County who want to do window shopping in person. It took less than 10 minutes to get in the door and back out.
I went to my first MO dispensary last weekend. They were out of a lot of stuff. I am trying to find Indica gummies but they did not have any.

When you do online shopping through a dispensary, are you limited to what they have in stock at that store at that time or do they have the ability to get your order filled and items shipped to their store? Sativa gummies make me anxious and edgy unless they are absolutely top notch.
The hybrids do great for me. I roll through all the different types of high, but am usually indica couch within 2 hours of taking.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I love an indica one with melatonin. Sleep better than a damn baby.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:30 pm I love an indica one with melatonin. Sleep better than a damn baby.
Moving my kid back to KU in a few weeks and plan to pick some up on the way back. Going to do some online shipping to find who has what I want. I stopped using these shitty delta 9 THC gummies about a month ago so it won't take much to do the trick again.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Middle-Aged Adults Are Binge Drinking and Using Marijuana at Record Levels

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/17/heal ... drugs.html
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/investin ... index.html

Democrat-led bill to go to Senate to open up banking to the cannabis industry. It's insane that this hasn't already happened.

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/me ... ection.pdf

"The Secure and Fair Enforcement Regulation Banking Act (SAFER) Banking Act would ensure that all
businesses—including State-sanctioned cannabis businesses—have access to deposit accounts, insurance
and other financial services. The legislation also creates common-sense standards for banks and credit
unions to maintain customer relationships and to expand access to deposit accounts for underbanked groups. "
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

minus the dope industry. who or what would be considered "underbanked" groups?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:57 am minus the dope industry. who or what would be considered "underbanked" groups?
"Underbanked" is considered to be any people or business that has a checking account with an FDIC bank but who also regularly utilizes non-banking financial services such as check cashing services, money orders, payday advances, etc...

According to the Federal Reserve, 13% of U.S. adults are underbanked.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/publicat ... credit.htm
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

are the "underbanked" victims of a rascist banking industry.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sales taxes for marijuana products in Missouri have crossed the $100M threshold! Praise be to ganja!

It have seen estimates that 50-60% of the sales are to out of State consumers. I would like to thank the prohibition States of the midwest for contributing to the lowering of my taxes. Keep up the good work.

Weed is evil, don't let rec sales spread to your State!

Let's keep that money right here in Missouri and Colorado where it belongs.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:11 am are the "underbanked" victims of a rascist banking industry.
Huh? That's either a lame attempt at sarcasm or just plain weird. Do you have a real question?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:15 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:11 am are the "underbanked" victims of a rascist banking industry.
Huh? That's either a lame attempt at sarcasm or just plain weird. Do you have a real question?
It’s just bait
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohio
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, it's legal here but the only dispensary is 3 hours away on a reservation. I haven't smoked since my daughter was born about 30 years ago.

I'm tempted but I dunno...
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:37 am So, it's legal here but the only dispensary is 3 hours away on a reservation. I haven't smoked since my daughter was born about 30 years ago.

I'm tempted but I dunno...
Ease your way in with some gummies. No need to make your first in decades a wild one if you're hesitant. And smoking still trashes your lungs, that hasn't changed over time.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Marijuana use dramatically increases risk of heart problems, stroke

(The title is misleading, it should say marijuana "smoking"...)

Nov 7, 2023

Regularly using marijuana can significantly increase a person’s risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke, according to a pair of new studies that will be presented at a major upcoming medical conference.

People who use marijuana daily have a 34% increased risk of heart failure, compared with people who don’t use the drug, according to one of the new studies.

The new findings leverage health data from 157,000 people in the National Institutes of Health “All of Us” research program. Researchers analyzed whether marijuana users were more likely to experience heart failure than nonusers over the course of nearly 4 years. The results indicated that coronary artery disease was behind marijuana users’ increased risk. (Coronary artery disease is the buildup of plaque on the walls of the arteries that supply blood to the heart.)

...The researchers analyzed data for more than 28,000 people age 65 and older who had health conditions that put them at risk for heart problems and whose medical records showed they were marijuana users but not tobacco users. The results showed at least a 20% increased risk of heart attack, stroke, cardiac arrest, or arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).

The findings are significant because medical professionals have long said that research on the long-term health effects of using marijuana are limited.

“The latest research about cannabis use indicates that smoking and inhaling cannabis increases concentrations of blood carboxyhemoglobin (carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas), tar (partly burned combustible matter) similar to the effects of inhaling a tobacco cigarette, both of which have been linked to heart muscle disease, chest pain, heart rhythm disturbances, heart attacks and other serious conditions,” said Robert L. Page II, PharmD, MSPH, chair of the volunteer writing group for the 2020 American Heart Association Scientific Statement: Medical Marijuana, Recreational Cannabis, and Cardiovascular Health, in a statement. “Together with the results of these two research studies, the cardiovascular risks of cannabis use are becoming clearer and should be carefully considered and monitored by health care professionals and the public.”
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

That shows correlation, not causation, if I understand correctly
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

mjl2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:10 pm That shows correlation, not causation, if I understand correctly
Well then let’s legalize this shiz everywhere (I’m not kidding), so we can get a bigger study size, and get to the point where correlation can lead to causation. See: big tobacco.

Amazing how we fight cyclical battles with things like this.

Smoking is awful. In any form. It’s going to hurt one’s heart/lungs at a rate higher than if they did not smoke.

When I tell my Dr. That I use marijuana, I always make sure to specify ingestibles only. If THC is a problem, so be it, but I’d it’s the method of ingestion, that’s different, and seems to be an important distinction to me. As someone who has had a myocardial infarction, the idea of anyone trying to argue that smoking anything won’t ‘hurt one’s cardiovascular system is laughable, at best.

My logic here might be off, but my doctors don’t seem to get ruffled by edibles, whereas they all show concern before this distinction is made.

So 99, like advised above, just do edibles. And go easy on them. They do work.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I mostly vape - is that as bad as smoking?