Da Weed Thread

Coffee talk.
Mjl

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by Mjl »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 pm Then there’s this that I just found.
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ts-on-pot/

Apparently there are bad effects on the mentally ill, and the strength of THC matters a lot, too.

Not about health, here’s what’s happening in New Jersey. Taxes could be $42 an ounce.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/19/nyre ... ation.html
Ta
Mentally ill people shouldn't get drunk either. That isn't a reason to make either illegal.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

I didn’t say it was resin to make it illegal. About it being worse in some ways, alcohol doesn’t last 6 days. Psychosis and paranoia from stuff that’s too strong seems worse than passing out drunk.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:31 pm I didn’t say it was resin to make it illegal. About it being worse in some ways, alcohol doesn’t last 6 days. Psychosis and paranoia from stuff that’s too strong seems worse than passing out drunk.
JFC
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:31 pm I didn’t say it was resin to make it illegal. About it being worse in some ways, alcohol doesn’t last 6 days. Psychosis and paranoia from stuff that’s too strong seems worse than passing out drunk.
Why does it matter if THC stays in your system? What harm does that do?
I am interested in, yet highly skeptical of, the studies showing it causes long-term psychosis. Correlation, fine. But causation? I also would want to dig further into other correlations there. Is there higher probabilities of that with kids that drink too? Smoke? I can think of plenty of reasons these would be correlated - but that would require an absolutely massive study to prove causation.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ha, exactly what I said!
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Awesome
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 pm Then there’s this that I just found.
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ts-on-pot/

Apparently there are bad effects on the mentally ill, and the strength of THC matters a lot, too.

Not about health, here’s what’s happening in New Jersey. Taxes could be $42 an ounce.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/19/nyre ... ation.html
Ta
News flash, people with a genetic predisposition should be careful what chemicals they ingest as teenagers. ALL teenagers should be careful what chemicals they ingest as their brains are not yet fully formed. It's probably why they are not legalizing marijuana for use by teenagers.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Point taken about the mentally ill, correlation vs causation,etc.

I’d read somewhere else recently about people, not realizing that edible pot products are slow in producing effects, eating too much and being unpleasantly surprised by the results. With that in mind, I read this from the article I linked to: “...all sorts of websites advising pot users on how to manage their paranoia and ride out the psychotic effects.” I inferred from those two things that the effects are not limited to the mentally ill. Was I wrong about that? Honest question.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 89

the effects, like most any drug one takes, are ultimately unique to the consumer and their own body chemistry
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Well, if a non-mentally ill person can suffer paranoia or psychosis from too much THC, then I think that’s worse than hanging your head over a toilet and tossing your cookies.
Deleted User 89

i don’t know about psychosis, but paranoia isn’t uncommon

but it also depends on the strain and relative proportions different canabanoid compounds

to each their own, but you’ll never convince me (not that you’re trying) that weed is worse than alcohol...both for the consumer and for those around them while consuming
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Our dog opened our jar of CBD ointment and consumed the contents. Little bitch!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

yeah, cuz it’s her fault
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

kubandalum wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:19 pm Point taken about the mentally ill, correlation vs causation,etc.

I’d read somewhere else recently about people, not realizing that edible pot products are slow in producing effects, eating too much and being unpleasantly surprised by the results. With that in mind, I read this from the article I linked to: “...all sorts of websites advising pot users on how to manage their paranoia and ride out the psychotic effects.” I inferred from those two things that the effects are not limited to the mentally ill. Was I wrong about that? Honest question.
If you’re feeling paranoid bro, then just kick back in your bean bag chair, put some Dead in the stereo, and stare at one of hawklin’s black light posters for a few hours. it’s chill.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But for real, my roommate in college took too many bong rips and convinced himself he was having a psychotic episode.

He admitted he didn’t have anything to eat that day except for too much coffee, and was already kinda jittery. I suggest he chug some water and then make a quesadilla and then see how he felt, but no, he’s convinced he’s freaking out.

So he gets his girlfriend to take him to the emergency room. when they get there, the doctors just laugh, and their diagnosis is YUP YER TOO STONED LOL! They prescribe water and snacks, and it turns out he’s fine.

Now contrast that with all the health problems and violence created by booze.

Hell, contrast that with all the health problems created by fast food.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The paranoia is common, yet a bit psychosematic I think (you're paranoid because you think you're supposed to be paranoid). I used to get that in high school - it's not a big deal. I don't get it anymore. If it was so bad then people wouldn't continue to use it.

Re: the edibles - any time I have bought them the budtender very strongly warned against this. Fortunately, unlike alcohol, you can't overdose on THC, so you'll just feel like crap and be poorer, nothing lasting.

Re: psychosis - that changed view of reality is kind of the point altogether - looking at the world with a different point of view. It's temporary and fantastic.