Da Weed Thread

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by ousdahl »

Part of the problem with edibles is so many folks want that instant gratification.

They munch a weed brownie, and when they don’t feel anything within the first few minutes, decide to munch like 8 more.

This is analogous to popping an aspirin cuz you have a headache, and when you’re headache doesn’t go away in 2 minutes, you finish the bottle, and it makes you sick...but is that really the aspirin’s fault?

And yeah, much of the effects of weed can be self-fulfilling. My roommate after that was forever convinced weed would freak him out if he did it again. And every time he did it again, it did.

Just like so many hippies are convinced that if they take enough weed, it’ll eventually make the Dead a good band, and it does.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:21 am Part of the problem with edibles is so many folks want that instant gratification.

They munch a weed brownie, and when they don’t feel anything within the first few minutes, decide to munch like 8 more.

This is analogous to popping an aspirin cuz you have a headache, and when you’re headache doesn’t go away in 2 minutes, you finish the bottle, and it makes you sick...but is that really the aspirin’s fault?
Exactly, except that OTC stuff can actually harm or kill you.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I don't like getting stoned, as I need to be in control of my senses. Spouse has cancer, so uses gummies by mouth and High CBD ointment rubbed on for the pain. Waiting on the damn insurance to approve radiation therapy so the tumors can be shrunk down. Cancer sucks.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:38 am I don't like getting stoned, as I need to be in control of my senses. Spouse has cancer, so uses gummies by mouth and High CBD ointment rubbed on for the pain. Waiting on the damn insurance to approve radiation therapy so the tumors can be shrunk down. Cancer sucks.
^^^

Sorry about your wife's cancer and problem with heath care rationing. Hopefully her radiation will be approved.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

dolomite wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:38 am I don't like getting stoned, as I need to be in control of my senses. Spouse has cancer, so uses gummies by mouth and High CBD ointment rubbed on for the pain. Waiting on the damn insurance to approve radiation therapy so the tumors can be shrunk down. Cancer sucks.
Sorry dolo. Cancer is horrible and knows no boundaries. Regardless of political denomination everyone should find common ground on funding research to solve that crisis.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am
Sorry dolo. Cancer is horrible and knows no boundaries. Regardless of political denomination everyone should find common ground on funding research to solve that crisis.
hate to be all debbie downer, but there is more money to be made in treatments than there is in a cure. that goes for cancer and many other ailments
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Very true. But I guess that's part of my sentiment. We need to fund a cure not fund the pharmacies. Independent research trials etc.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

@dolomite -- I'm sorry, man. Best wishes to you and your better half, for speedy remission and recovery.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

ChalkRocker wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm @dolomite -- I'm sorry, man. Best wishes to you and your better half, for speedy remission and recovery.
^^^^^^ X 10
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm @dolomite -- I'm sorry, man. Best wishes to you and your better half, for speedy remission and recovery.
^^^^^^ X 10
Thank you so much, I tear up some, but try to do things to take my mind off the inevitable. It's hard to get her to eat, just made some mexican rice, she ate about 1/2 a cup.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 am
TDub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am
hate to be all debbie downer, but there is more money to be made in treatments than there is in a cure. that goes for cancer and many other ailments
My wife manages a cancer research lab. She gets so down sometimes, feeling the resistance to real progress.
Deleted User 89

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Marijuana banking bill picks up momentum

Lawmakers are poised to send a bill to the House floor that would allow banks to provide services to legal marijuana businesses.

The House Financial Services Committee is slated to vote on the measure Wednesday, in what is seen as a turning point for industry groups who have long pushed for the legislation.

Similar legislation was first introduced six years ago, but in recent months the idea has gained bipartisan support and the backing of heavy hitters on K Street and in the business world who see it as essential to bringing a growing industry into the financial mainstream....

But despite the optimism, the legislation will need to overcome several challenging hurdles before becoming law.

...“On the left, this doesn’t go far enough,” he said, while on the right, “you have the Republicans who say we shouldn’t be doing this at all because it actually hints towards decriminalization.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:21 am Part of the problem with edibles is so many folks want that instant gratification.

And yeah, much of the effects of weed can be self-fulfilling. My roommate after that was forever convinced weed would freak him out if he did it again. And every time he did it again, it did.

Just like so many hippies are convinced that if they take enough weed, it’ll eventually make the Dead a good band, and it does.
No different than alcohol. Some dumbass teens show up late to the party and chug a glass of vodka to "catch up". That rarely ends well.

People should read the instructions on anything they consume. Abuse of any chemical you ingest usually has negative results.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sucks to hear, my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you both find your way to the other side of this.

My 45 year old non smoking brother in law was just diagnosed with renal cancer last week. Caught it early so they think that "just removing his kidney" should take care of it. Scary scary scary.
Deleted User 89

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »