Deleted User 89

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Early Evidence Of Cannabis Smoking Found On Chinese Artifacts

People have been smoking pot to get high for at least 2,500 years. Chinese archaeologists found signs of that when they studied the char on a set of wooden bowls from an ancient cemetery in western China.

The findings are some of the earliest evidence of cannabis used as a drug.

"We've known that cannabis is one of the oldest cultivated plants in East Asia, primarily for making oil and hemp," says Mark Merlin, a botany professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa who reviewed the study published in Science Advances. "Now we know the ancients also valued the plant for its psychoactive properties."

The set of 10 wooden braziers come from eight tombs at the ancient Jirzankal Cemetery on the Pamir Plateau in what is now China's Xinjiang region. Researchers found chemical evidence of cannabis in residue on nine of the braziers, which held small stones that were apparently heated and used to burn the plants.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

might be the worst picture of weed they could have used
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Illinois legalized. W00t
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Road Trip?

Hawaii has decriminalized marijuana

Hawaii is now the 26th to legalize or decriminalize pot.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Association of Marijuana Laws With Teen Marijuana Use

In the United States, 33 states and the District of Columbia have passed medical marijuana laws (MMLs), while 10 states and the District of Columbia have legalized the recreational use of marijuana. Policy makers are particularly concerned that legalization for either medicinal or recreational purposes will encourage marijuana use among youth. Repeated marijuana use during adolescence may lead to long-lasting changes in brain function that adversely affect educational, professional, and social outcomes...

Discussion

Consistent with the results of previous researchers,2 there was no evidence that the legalization of medical marijuana encourages marijuana use among youth. Moreover, the estimates reported in the Table showed that marijuana use among youth may actually decline after legalization for recreational purposes. This latter result is consistent with findings by Dilley et al4 and with the argument that it is more difficult for teenagers to obtain marijuana as drug dealers are replaced by licensed dispensaries that require proof of age.
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

"Repeated marijuana use during adolescence may lead to long-lasting changes in brain function that adversely affect educational, professional, and social outcomes..."

While this might be true, what a waste of my adolescence it would have been to spend those loathsome years stone cold sober. And depending upon your chosen career, the long lasting changes might be worked to your advantage as well.

It was easier to get an ounce of weed in rural Missouri during the late 70's than it was to get a six pack of beer. Not that either was particularly hard, but it took about 5 minutes in the parking lot at school to find a bag of weed. It took a middleman to walk into a liquor store.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At least I for one think I would have ended up a more mature, more socialized, more cultured, more well-rounded and overall more productive member of society if I had spent high school blazed AF, instead of hanging out at Catholic Church praying for forgiveness.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean shit, I was sober in high school and look how fucked up I am now!
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

I'm sort of shocked to find out you're not a pot head.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, no, yeah well, I...well there was college...and my 20s...and I really shouldn...why bro, you holdin?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Legalization makes it less cool for the same reason Facebook is not considered cool - if your parents are openly doing something, it is no longer cool.
Deleted User 89

at least in my circles of stoners, there are more that are successful than not as adults

professionally, many PhDs i know smoke regularly (tho i don’t have a grasp on how long they’ve been smoking)

it would seem that it’s really just like just about any chemical you put into your body...there are generalized effects, but each person’s body reacts in a way that is unique to them
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:18 pm I'm sort of shocked to find out you're not a pot head.
He must've been at some point. Only stoners find nacho libre funny or quotable.

Same with Borat.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:13 am at least in my circles of stoners, there are more that are successful than not as adults

professionally, many PhDs i know smoke regularly (tho i don’t have a grasp on how long they’ve been smoking)

it would seem that it’s really just like just about any chemical you put into your body...there are generalized effects, but each person’s body reacts in a way that is unique to them
I've met some very intelligent, successful, motivated stoners. I've also met some very smart stoners who let the weed slow their motivation to the point of a basic standstill. Very smart dudes that are now working at walmart in one case, mail delivery in another. How much of that was the weed vs just personality type? Who knows.

I'm pro weed legalization, I think it's a choice people should be able to make themselves. I am glad that I never really enjoyed it though. Maybe I'll enjoy it more in 30 years during retirement.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:18 pm I'm sort of shocked to find out you're not a pot head.
He must've been at some point. Only stoners find nacho libre funny or quotable.

Same with Borat.

Yeah, I quit that shit years ago...

Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

$40,000? Ten tons?

What the fudge is this article about?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/284 ... m=referral
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

I'm assuming he's buying top shelf so $400+ per ounce....about 100 ounces per month. That a lot of weed, but he's probably got an entire entourage smoking his shit.
Deleted User 89

who spends $400/oz these days?