Site

Coffee talk.
nu_bronco

Site

Post by nu_bronco »

So, I might have missed this. But why the change from kusports.net to kansascrimson? Was there some legal issue about the name or what?
HouseDivided

Re: Site

Post by HouseDivided »

The dotnet founder had some sort of mental breakdown and ended up kicking everybody out. The need for a new site with sane admins was evident.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

psych went nutz again on the .net. Vega banned him just like the mods on .com did.

Vega got tired of running it and shut it down.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I agree with all the above, but Vega is on here, I'd be interested to see the real story. There was a lot of stories about a lot of data, and monitoring trolls and all of that. But something else had to make him snap.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:43 am The dotnet founder had some sort of mental breakdown and ended up kicking everybody out. The need for a new site with sane admins was evident.
While I don't agree that you should have been 'banned', it's funny that a lunatic ( and very nasty one at that ) is commenting that someone else had a mental breakdown and was not sane.

Vega just was tired of dealing with the bullshit - I get it.
I appreciate ( we should all appreciate ) what he put up with for five years.
I offered to take over with NL and colbond and there's where we stand.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:38 am psych went nutz again on the .net. Vega banned him just like the mods on .com did.

Vega got tired of running it and shut it down.
Psych didn't go nutz. Vega got carried away on a power trip. Multiple people were locked out without warning or stated reason.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:05 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:43 am The dotnet founder had some sort of mental breakdown and ended up kicking everybody out. The need for a new site with sane admins was evident.
While I don't agree that you should have been 'banned', it's funny that a lunatic ( and very nasty one at that ) is commenting that someone else had a mental breakdown and was not sane.

I appreciate the consideration. If you don't mind, what rules did I break that would have warranted a ban? I never got a warning nor an explanation, so it's hard to know how to modify my behavior with no feedback.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I believe you were pretty nasty to some posters - there was some over the line comments.
I tend to be forgiving when it comes to attacks ( it gets heated on that polibored ) - Vega just had a different line is all - and ultimately it was his site and his decision.

The polibored is a cesspool ( and unfortunately, in my opinion, a needed one to let people vent, given the state of our country ). Keep the vitriol over there and act like adults and we should be good.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 pm I believe you were pretty nasty to some posters - there was some over the line comments.
I tend to be forgiving when it comes to attacks ( it gets heated on that polibored ) - Vega just had a different line is all - and ultimately it was his site and his decision.

The polibored is a cesspool ( and unfortunately, in my opinion, a needed one to let people vent, given the state of our country ). Keep the vitriol over there and act like adults and we should be good.
Fair enough.

I don't think I gave any worse than I got; in fact, I think I was pretty measured compared to the things that were said to me, but whatever.

I appreciate the fresh start. No worries with regard to limiting vitriol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Per this comment : "I don't think I gave any worse than I got" - generally I actually agree with you towards the end of your stay at dotnet.

Try as best as possible ( and I know that's really tough on the polibored ) to be adults is all I ask.
You don't have to agree with each other - just be adult-like.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Mostly it seemed like Vega banned anyone who didn't agree with his politics.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:54 pm Mostly it seemed like Vega banned anyone who didn't agree with his politics.
. . . aaaand we have a WINNER!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Ever the victim.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:55 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:54 pm Mostly it seemed like Vega banned anyone who didn't agree with his politics.
. . . aaaand we have a WINNER!
I think I got banned for not hating trump ENOUGH. LOL ....and I don't even like the guy or the stuff that he's caused by his careless actions.

Oh well. Water under the bridge. PDub is much better and doesn't abuse his power to chase off people he doesn't like.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Polibored is where we talk about politics tho.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:28 pm Polibored is where we talk about politics tho.

Speaking of, can you move the mahomes thread to the football board? I like to talk about MaHomie but he's misclassified in other sports.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks for the info. I don't read all the forums so wasn't aware. Thanks for getting this site going. Also, thanks Vega and other owners/mods of the old site.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure thing.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Goddammit.

Vega told me it was all about me.

If I find out different now, I'm gonna be crushed.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:34 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:28 pm Polibored is where we talk about politics tho.

Speaking of, can you move the mahomes thread to the football board? I like to talk about MaHomie but he's misclassified in other sports.
Well way back in the early days of kansascrimson.com I assumed the football board was about KU football, but considering how little they give us to talk about, yeah I should have put it there I guess.