Re: I believe her

Post by DCHawk1 »

That's not what I thought you meant.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yeah. Just saying Murkowski's role in this process comes at an interesting point given the controversy at home.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Judge Kavanaugh, very passionate, which is very understandable. The calendars, to me, are persuasive evidence.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He also whines a lot. And is kind of a jerk. Which may be understandable.
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

A lot of federal judges are jerks.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Now the Senators from South Carolina and Texas are basically calling Dr. Ford a liar. They didn't have the guts to say so in her face.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I thought Graham was going to stroke out.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:02 pm Now the Senators from South Carolina and Texas are basically calling Dr. Ford a liar. They didn't have the guts to say so in her face.
I don't know. You could see Cruz practically banging his head against his desk, wanting to question her.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:11 pm
Leawood wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:02 pm Now the Senators from South Carolina and Texas are basically calling Dr. Ford a liar. They didn't have the guts to say so in her face.
I don't know. You could see Cruz practically banging his head against his desk, wanting to question her.
They should definitely let him.
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Like Senator Graham, any Senator could have interjected while Dr. Ford was testifying. Neither Graham nor any Republican had the guts to do so.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Now he is being evasive and giving long-winded answers when a Democrat asks a question.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shout out to George Brett.
Defense. Rebounds.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A comment from someone on MSNBC:

If a female nominee had shouted and cried and cross-talked the senators, she'd have been taken out in a straight jacket.
Don't inject Lysol.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yet he persisted.
Defense. Rebounds.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/WSJ?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WSJ</a> reports Kavanaugh watched Ford’s testimony, contradicting his later testimony that he did not.<a href="https://t.co/z8ByiE5XXD">https://t.co/z ... </p>&mdash; Paul Szoldra (@PaulSzoldra) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulSzoldra/status/ ... >September 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kavanaugh should be disbarred. Maybe he can have some ‘skis at Tobin’s house. Totally disqualifying.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Kavanaugh said he thinks it’s revenge on behalf of the clintons wtf
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Here’s the clinchers for me. Kavanaugh had a chance to man up and admit and apologize for his boorish behavior that went on a Georgetown Prep, instead he denied that he knew anything about it and said, “what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep”, he was a virgin after all. He had a chance when asked about his friend Alex Kozinski to say, “some shit happened, I should have spoken up”, instead he denied he knew anything about and it was a “gut punch” when he heard about it. I found his declaration, “I have never sexually assaulted anyone”, just a little too specific. It sounds a little too much like “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”. Did he jump on her a party and try to pull her clothes off? Maybe…. but hey who hasn’t done some horsing around with girls as a 17 year old? If I don’t consider that “sexual assault”, my conscience is clear. His indignation and anger at the end is pretty overplayed. This is a guy who was part of Kenn Starr’s henchmen. He knows the score, he was on the other side of these types of proceedings. To pretend that this is somehow unexpectedly underhanded and is a national disgrace is pure bullshit. He went out of his way to attack the Democrats and “the left” (ie Soros) dropping attempts to act as though he is not a partisan. He invokes the Clintons and blames this on them. HE WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED!!! He and his cohorts are the ones who do the intimidating damnit.....so unfair, so unfair. And then there is the pathetic grab for sympathy for his life that has been ruined by the thought that he might not be a Supreme Court Justice and might instead have to settle for his six figure federal judge job and his mansion and his cushy life filled with friends who will cover for him whatever anyone says he did. Sad, sad, ruined life in shambles indeed. Who among us could recover from such a fall from grace to luxury. I think he did it and other stuff as well. He will be confirmed as a Supreme and there will be lots of backslapping and congratulatory smirking in the swamp over the weekend. MAGA!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.