I believe her

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: I believe her

Post by Geezer »

Dr. Ford's testimony has to be entirely ignored if you vote to confirm.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I've been in a group text about this for most of the afternoon with people who have various views politcally. It's amazing how people can watch the exact same thing and see totally different things.

Kavanaugh, regardless of the truth, is ruined. Trump is going to have to pick someone else.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 pm Dr. Ford's testimony has to be entirely ignored if you vote to confirm.
As it should be.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Imo it's sort of problematic for a reputable news source to print something like "there HAD to be nights he doesn't remember"....that is such a dicey line to go down..she doesn't know if he drank so much he blacked out, she just figures it HAD to happen because he was "a big partier"...which is totally subjective based on each individual....I know why they do it, but I wish our media wasn't so tabloid-ish nowadays.

This is such a mess. I hope they don't get the votes to confirm...republicans need to just find another candidate and restart the process.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

There’s no reason not to confirm him. It’s pure childishness on the part of the Left.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Photoshop.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 pm Imo it's sort of problematic for a reputable news source to print something like "there HAD to be nights he doesn't remember"....that is such a dicey line to go down..she doesn't know if he drank so much he blacked out, she just figures it HAD to happen because he was "a big partier"...which is totally subjective based on each individual....I know why they do it, but I wish our media wasn't so tabloid-ish nowadays.

This is such a mess. I hope they don't get the votes to confirm...republicans need to just find another candidate and restart the process.
Don't be such a pus**. It's all a lie. Kavanaugh is super qualified. Ford and her Leftist friends are ****ing liars.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:42 pm Kavanaugh should be disbarred. Maybe he can have some ‘skis at Tobin’s house. Totally disqualifying.
Holy cripes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 pm
Kavanaugh, regardless of the truth, is ruined. Trump is going to have to pick someone else.
lulz...

Whip count suggests that he may get more votes than Gorsuch.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

The left have lost their damn mind.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The whole damn country has.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Us on the winning side seem to be doing OK
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

plus yer grammar is terrific!
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I think two or three Democrats will cross over and vote for Kavanaugh. 53 or 54 YES votes.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

imzcount wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:30 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 pm Imo it's sort of problematic for a reputable news source to print something like "there HAD to be nights he doesn't remember"....that is such a dicey line to go down..she doesn't know if he drank so much he blacked out, she just figures it HAD to happen because he was "a big partier"...which is totally subjective based on each individual....I know why they do it, but I wish our media wasn't so tabloid-ish nowadays.

Don't be such a pus**. It's all a lie. Kavanaugh is super qualified. Ford and her Leftist friends are ****ing liars.
So you think that Ford just decided one day that she didn't have enough death threats in her life, so she sent a letter claiming all of this? Or that she lied about it when she discussed it 6 years ago with her therapist knowing that 6 years later the guy might be nominated by a republican for the Supreme Court? Honestly, it's amazing the stupid shit that some people will believe to fit the world into their narrative. No wonder you were so easily duped by Trump.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:22 am
imzcount wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:30 pm

So you think that Ford just decided one day that she didn't have enough death threats in her life, so she sent a letter claiming all of this? Or that she lied about it when she discussed it 6 years ago with her therapist knowing that 6 years later the guy might be nominated by a republican for the Supreme Court? Honestly, it's amazing the stupid shit that some people will believe to fit the world into their narrative. No wonder you were so easily duped by Trump.
I think she woke up one day in 2012 and realized that she was in an unhappy marriage and that, being in her mid-forties, she no longer had the social capital she once relied on to get what she wanted.

Since she wasn't going to find another man to make her feel significant and good about herself, she went to therapy, where a fellow feminist convinced her that she would feel better about herself if she had someone to blame. With time and suggestion, Judge Kavanaugh and President Trump became the "reason" she is unhappy and offered an opportunity for the attention and affirmation she has been longing for.

A month from now, she will have settled back into unhappy obscurity. Maybe she'll get a book deal and a few dollars out of it, but she will still have to deal with her own existential crisis.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Is this supposed to be a joke? If you had paid attention to this story, you’d know the tipping point reason why she and her husband went to therapy was because she was insisting on having two front doors on her house. You see, since being sexually assaulted when she was 15 and having that trauma of not being able to escape for a while, she has a phobia of feeling enclosed. So she likes lots of doors.