I believe her

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: I believe her

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 am Is this supposed to be a joke? If you had paid attention to this story, you’d know the tipping point reason why she and her husband went to therapy was because she was insisting on having two front doors on her house. You see, since being sexually assaulted when she was 15 and having that trauma of not being able to escape for a while, she has a phobia of feeling enclosed. So she likes lots of doors.
Middle age manifests itself in multiple ways. I am sure that's the narrative she prefers to go with .
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Psych's misogyny on display.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Citing the ABA's "respect for the rule of law and due process," ABA President Robert Carlson wrote in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, "The basic principles that underscore the Senate's constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI."

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/28/65246114 ... avanaugh-v
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is not surprising that things got left off as "he-said, she-said." It is only slightly less surprising that people are still suggesting that due process and the accuser having a burden of proof matter here, at all.

Kavanaugh lacks candor. He lies in big ways and small ways. He is openly partisan. He does not belong on the Supreme Court.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, he didn't really seem to act like you want a scotus judge to act.

He was angry, defiant, no tact or awareness, accused the accuser, tried to discredit the whole process as a circus, blamed the Clintons. Think about that for a fucking second! Women accuse him of sexual assault and he tries to suggest Dowdy is behind it. Blaming political foes, ferreal?

Is it really too much to ask for a cool, composed, pragmatic type?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I get what yer sayin'.

I remember that time when I was accused -- repeatedly on national TV -- of being the leader of a secret gang-rape ring. I just kinda blew it off. NBD.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:09 am It is not surprising that things got left off as "he-said, she-said." It is only slightly less surprising that people are still suggesting that due process and the accuser having a burden of proof matter here, at all.

Insisting on no burden of proof whatsoever leads to this kind of dipshittery.

https://twitter.com/CalebHowe/status/10 ... 7458127873
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:47 am Psych's misogyny on display.
Social psychology would back my assertion. I just calls it like I sees it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:34 am I get what yer sayin'.

I remember that time when I was accused -- repeatedly on national TV -- of being the leader of a secret gang-rape ring. I just kinda blew it off. NBD.
that was no secret bro. didn't you operate out of a pizza joint?

nm still thinking of Dowdy.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:50 amdidn't you operate out of a pizza joint?

And that's the relevant question. The pizza-gate story was treated for what it was -- complete lunacy.

The sex-ring story -- just as insane and just as dangerous -- was treated as legitimate news. Moreover, y'all are gonna nominate the guy for president.

Oh. And Fish thinks it's Kavanaugh's responsibility to prove he didn't run the rape gang.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:45 am
Geezer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:47 am Psych's misogyny on display.
Social and evolutionary psychology would both back my assertion. I just calls it like I sees it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:37 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:09 am It is not surprising that things got left off as "he-said, she-said." It is only slightly less surprising that people are still suggesting that due process and the accuser having a burden of proof matter here, at all.

I think there is a standard implicit in a confirmation proceeding (given the Senate's "advise and consent" role): it is the nominee's burden to persuade the Senate that the Senate should consent to the appointment. In my view, Kavanaugh's very, very clear partisan-ness and lack of candor render him presently unworthy of the Senate's consent.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:59 am

I think there is a standard implicit in a confirmation proceeding (given the Senate's "advise and consent" role): it is the nominee's burden to persuade the Senate that the Senate should consent to the appointment. In my view, Kavanaugh's very, very clear partisan-ness and lack of candor render him presently unworthy of the Senate's consent.
Can you prove you didn’t rape her?

Monster!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:53 am

And that's the relevant question. The pizza-gate story was treated for what it was -- complete lunacy.

The sex-ring story -- just as insane and just as dangerous -- was treated as legitimate news. Moreover, y'all are gonna nominate the guy for president.

Oh. And Fish thinks it's Kavanaugh's responsibility to prove he didn't run the rape gang.
whoa, did you just equate Kavanaugh's accusers to pizzagate?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:02 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:59 am

Can you prove you didn’t rape her?

Monster!
I can't tell if you're intentionally or unintentionally missing the point: I don't think that it is necessary to find that he did rape Ford, or even probably raped Ford, to find that he lacks the basic candor and transparency that should be absolute prerequisites for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If you want to disagree with me, fine and it's interesting to discuss/debate, but you're above completely misrepresenting my very clear and consistent position so that you can deploy ready-made talking points.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perhaps that's the problem:

republicans love partisan-ness and lack of candor.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am

whoa, did you just equate Kavanaugh's accusers to pizzagate?
One of them.

The 2020 Democratic presidential nominee.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 am

If you want to disagree with me, fine and it's interesting to discuss/debate, but you're above completely misrepresenting my very clear and consistent position so that you can deploy ready-made talking points.
And if you want to disagree with me, that too is fine. But I write only my own thoughts. And accusing me of using "ready-made talking points" is using a ready-made talking point.

Or something.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I never said your talking points weren't your own!