Other Sports.
Deleted User 89

Re: Boxing

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PacMan has to be close to 50 by now
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He's the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything.
Deleted User 89

i was in the Philippines during one of his fights in the early 2010s...it was nutz

i’d imagine 90% of the country was watching. you could walk through a local village and see all the TVs tuned in through open doors and windows
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Trad's a peeping tom.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:34 pm Trad's a peeping tom.
ur mom
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:12 pm i was in the Philippines during one of his fights in the early 2010s...it was nutz

i’d imagine 90% of the country was watching. you could walk through a local village and see all the TVs tuned in through open doors and windows
Which is why he's likely going to be the next President of the Philippines
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

But with that said... Bet Ugas and thank me later
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Err... Nevermind. Looks like his left biceps is torn at the weigh in.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mjl wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:29 pm But with that said... Bet Ugas and thank me later
Shoulda listened.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Canelo takes an L for the first time since fighting Floyd. Was not expecting that. Entertaining fight.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Can we please stop putting Jake Paul on the front of ESPN until he beats, say, a top 25 boxer in his weight class?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Or top 50 even
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Although I do like anything that puts boxing in the spotlight. ESPN should have put an actual good, up-and-coming fighter on the undercard. It would pay dividends down the road and help their boxing product overall.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I remember there was a report he ( Paul ) was sparring with a top 20 guy from the USA ( kinda older dude ) and the guy said he’d love to fight him.

Set that up!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:46 am Can we please stop putting Jake Paul on the front of ESPN until he beats, say, a top 25 boxer in his weight class?
It's weird. But we live in a world where Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr boxed in the last year or so and that fight gained more attention than the majority of "real" fights during that same time period.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I miss ESPNs Friday fights but I’m not in college anymore.

I don’t know if boxings popularity is gonna make it through Gen Z.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I used to get my ass kicked by a guy who got his ass kicked by a guy who got his ass kicked (on USA's Tuesday Night Fights) by the guy (Roberto Duran) who got his ass kicked by Sugar Ray Leonard.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:01 pm I miss ESPNs Friday fights but I’m not in college anymore.

I don’t know if boxings popularity is gonna make it through Gen Z.
They've been saying this for 25 years. Huge fights still are mega events. ESPN has good fights, something you usually needed HBO or Showtime for. It's not any worse than it's been in the last 25 years.

There are some really exciting young heavyweights that will make things interesting the next five years.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I grew up watching a lot of boxing because my father boxed in the Navy and he watched it. (He hung a speed bag in our basement when I was a kid, and I could make that thing sing.) I still enjoy boxing and record a lot of it, (mainly Showtime), that unfortunately, I delete later. I am/was a big Max Kellerman fan.

Now I watch a whole lot more MMA than boxing. I always record every (free) preliminary card, and probably watch ~ half of the PPV events, and consider it a personal sacrifice when I don't buy them.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas