Professionalism part deux

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Professionalism part deux

Post by ousdahl »

Hi Comcast, I’m calling back to follow up about our internet outage. I talked to an agent earlier this morning and they said the service will be back on by 3pm. It’s now 4pm, and still no Internet. Is it possible to get an update please?

“Yes sir, I have an update for you right here, it says your Internet service will be back up by 3pm”
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:02 pm Hi Comcast, I’m calling back to follow up about our internet outage. I talked to an agent earlier this morning and they said the service will be back on by 3pm. It’s now 4pm, and still no Internet. Is it possible to get an update please?

“Yes sir, I have an update for you right here, it says your Internet service will be back up by 3pm”
They didn't specify which time zone so cut them some slack! :lol:
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

what’s the pros and cons of getting a separate phone from work for work stuff, versus getting a stipend to use your own?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Separate phone: PITA. Expectation is that you ONLY use it for work purpose. May potentially cause unnecessary issues if you “accidentally” use it for personal purposes (eg. texting a friend or receiving a call from a friend). Plus you have to juggle two devices.

Stipend is the best way to go. They used to give us $50/mo and then $300 every other year to upgrade the device. Then when devices became expensive they just upped it to $80/mo ($40 per semimonthly paycheck). Win-win if you ask me. Also the motivation to do this is because they initiated a two-factor authentication for our internal system access and the phone was needed to authenticate. Greasy wheels squeaked about using personal phones for this purpose and they placated everyone with $$
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

I suppose the biggest/only downside to getting a stipend to just use your own phone is, then work gets to look at your personal phone whenever they want, apparently?

But I kinda doubt that would ever be an issue unless I did something really dumb anyway? They’re not gonna demand access to my phone just to arbitrarily peruse all my trophy fish pics, right?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I always opted for the separate work phone.

Separation is healthy when achievable.

Can turn work phone off when not supposed to be accessible. No work phone calls on your personal phone. Makes one strictly business and limits both the accessibility in its many forms and also the potential for whoopsies of various forms.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, good points…work/life balance is something I thought of too. Boundaries are important.