Professionalism part deux

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Professionalism part deux

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i bet Newton got laid last night (or if not, he should’ve)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:18 am i bet Newton got laid last night (or if not, he should’ve)
Found out this morning. Let's just say wife is ecstatic. I'll leave it at that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:24 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:18 am i bet Newton got laid last night (or if not, he should’ve)
Found out this morning. Let's just say wife is ecstatic. I'll leave it at that.
I hope the “found out” refers to the promotion 😂
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

All he told her was he’s getting a raise
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well. Passed my test. Ill officially be a licensed contractor in Oregon after i submit my application and pay the man.
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Good on ya, TDub! Kudos!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Congrats TDub. Hoping for the best.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 pm Well. Passed my test. Ill officially be a licensed contractor in Oregon after i submit my application and pay the man.
Congrats!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Great thread. Great people
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Thanks everybody....i would say now I gotta find work but there seems to be plenty of it around. Got 8 bids sitting in my truck waiting for me to be legal to submit them. Now I gotta make sure it stays that way....and make sure i can do it at a profit.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

nice!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 pm Thanks everybody....i would say now I gotta find work but there seems to be plenty of it around. Got 8 bids sitting in my truck waiting for me to be legal to submit them. Now I gotta make sure it stays that way....and make sure i can do it at a profit.
The hardest part is finding quality employees.
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 pm Thanks everybody....i would say now I gotta find work but there seems to be plenty of it around. Got 8 bids sitting in my truck waiting for me to be legal to submit them. Now I gotta make sure it stays that way....and make sure i can do it at a profit.
What kind of construction do you do? Home? Congrats!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Congrats. Tdub. That's awesome.

Good work gets noticed and gets shared. We did 100% of our research on a contractor by asking friends who they used and what their experience was. We loved what they did for us so much that we recommended them to three other friends, all of whom ended up using them and now we are using them again for another big renovation.

Be sure that you hire people who treat your female clientele with respect and you will get loads of recommendations. "Did you feel safe with them in the house while you were home alone" is a question asked by every friend of my wife's who was looking for a recommendation.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 pm Well. Passed my test. Ill officially be a licensed contractor in Oregon after i submit my application and pay the man.
TDub doin his thang.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:47 am
Congrats. Tdub. That's awesome.

Good work gets noticed and gets shared. We did 100% of our research on a contractor by asking friends who they used and what their experience was. We loved what they did for us so much that we recommended them to three other friends, all of whom ended up using them and now we are using them again for another big renovation.

Be sure that you hire people who treat your female clientele with respect and you will get loads of recommendations. "Did you feel safe with them in the house while you were home alone" is a question asked by every friend of my wife's who was looking for a recommendation.
Indeed, all good points. Im starting with just me and 1 guy who i trust and we're both union carpenters and id like to think better people and carpenters than a lot of small contractors in this contractor starved area. When we add employees i plan on trying to only hire those who ive worked with (which is most of the qualified hands in the area) and who i know are professional.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

shindig wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:41 am
What kind of construction do you do? Home? Congrats!
Yea for now mainly residential. My endorsement will allow me to do small commercial as well....Im also working on getting an additional endorsement to do work for the forest service which....is good money, guaranteed money....and in the woods. All good things.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Congrats TDub!

Figured it was just Qusdahl in here complaining about early check-ins again. 😉
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I need a man cave.
TDub start working on Maine licensing in your free time.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

https://www.theonion.com/man-says-fuck- ... 1819574888

Do I pull the trigger? Missed breakfast and had the little leftovers last night for dinner.