jfish26
Contributor

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by jfish26 »

Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:42 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:03 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Not how it works but you know that.
I know that people are (likely) going to jail because the federal government enforced the NCAA's bullshit rules.
Stupid NCAA rules or not, they knew what they were doing was wrong and they still committed wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
I may not agree with the jury's decision/s but I also don't feel sorry for the guys who were found guilty.
The reason they're guilty of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud is because the players and their families were breaking NCAA rules, and schools were playing players who had broken NCAA rules.

Of course these guys knew that what they were doing was in contravention of NCAA rules. In no sane universe would you expect that you'd go to federal prison for that.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Nothing wrong about giving Billy Preston's mother 95000 bucks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Self presser tonight at 7pm? For?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

bill self will have a press conference @7pm tonight
to talk about what happen today
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:18 pm Self presser tonight at 7pm? For?
He'll be pretty open now that trial is over. Like he said in statement, there were things that they knew, and things that they didn't know.

I'm sure it will be along the lines of something about SDS being out for a period of time and has to repay money back.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Man I'd love it if he just trolled them all and talked about the exhibition game.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm Nothing wrong about giving Billy Preston's mother 95000 bucks.
Correct.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:23 am When are the Nike trials, again?
Are there Nike employees on trial? Or just assistant coaches from schools sponsored by Nike?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm Nothing wrong about giving Billy Preston's mother 95000 bucks.
I would think there would be something wrong about it if she lied and it could ultimately help land a program on probation.
Maybe I just don't fully understand what is right and wrong anymore.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 96019.html
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You can give me 95000 and there is nothing wrong with that.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Radio? press conference?
Deleted User 183

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:49 pm You can give me 95000 and there is nothing wrong with that.
I would think it depends on what I am giving you the money for.
If I am giving it to you with the understanding that I am paying you to commit a felony and you agree and then commit a felony then I would assume there was something wrong with it.
Maybe not. Perhaps one of our house attorneys can chime in.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Presser was pretty closely guarded. Prepped statement by Self.

He is confident in staff that they didn’t do anything at risk.

He nor his staff has directed any payments to be made.

He’s not sure how the processes of recruiting can be improved.

NCAA and KU hope to work together to make SDS situation go faster.

He’s done talking about it until powers that be say he can talk more about it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Don't be ridiculous.
Deleted User 183

"My staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements nor are we aware of any 3rd party's attempt to do so".
I wish Self's middle name started with the letter F so I could attribute that quote to and as BFS = double meaning.
Someone please start a poll and truthfully answer if you do or don't believe Self.
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I just hope HCBS means it when he says he is all done talking about the trial.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:41 pm
He'll be pretty open now that trial is over. Like he said in statement, there were things that they knew, and things that they didn't know.

I'm sure it will be along the lines of something about SDS being out for a period of time and has to repay money back.
Self will not be "pretty open " about this stuff until after the ncaa review is complete.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gutter wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:58 am "My staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements nor are we aware of any 3rd party's attempt to do so".
I wish Self's middle name started with the letter F so I could attribute that quote to and as BFS = double meaning.
Someone please start a poll and truthfully answer if you do or don't believe Self.
I do not believe him at all. And I dont care.

If I choose to violate rules and speed when driving then I am OK with the consequences and will pay the ticket if I get one. I just hope that Self is OK with the consequences if he gets caught doing anything he may be doing.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:42 am
Gutter wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:58 am "My staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements nor are we aware of any 3rd party's attempt to do so".
I do not believe him at all. And I dont care.

If I choose to violate rules and speed when driving then I am OK with the consequences and will pay the ticket if I get one. I just hope that Self is OK with the consequences if he gets caught doing anything he may be doing.
Ya. Im kinda with you on this. I didn't think he came off looking great reading his statement and saying things like he said when there's pretty contradictory stuff out there.

We're on what, our 6th or 7th straight year of eligibility/amateurism-ish issues with a player? At a certain point the coaches who decide what players come here are going to have to take some accountibilty for who they choose to bring to KU.

...but I'm fully behind Self even if he did know what the culture is, and how things work "in the dark". I don't care if he lies about it. I don't blame him.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah he shouldn't have said that. KT is on record of saying to match whatever to get Zion.