Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
Headcase

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by Headcase »

anyone got a guess on a timeline for us to know our fate?
-Thanks in advance
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

If you think compliance isn't talking to NCAA, you're dreaming.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Headcase wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:41 pm anyone got a guess on a timeline for us to know our fate?
-Thanks in advance
Summer 2020?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:54 pm If you think compliance isn't talking to NCAA, you're dreaming.
Well, it appears that compliance clammed up with the NCAA when compliance figured out mama was getting paid. So I'm not sure I'd bank on helpful back-channel communications with Indianapolis at the moment.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I sure wish we'd have stayed with Nike.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Kind of a side point, but I do wonder if Long, who is obviously new to university, says no to adidas extension based on this whole thing.

Because if I'm not mistaken, that extension has not been finalized yet. And this whole thing surely isn't helping matters.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Are SDS and Bowen getting the worst of it so far during this trial? (Player wise)

Obviously, more to come dealing with other programs/players.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17 pm Kind of a side point, but I do wonder if Long, who is obviously new to university, says no to adidas extension based on this whole thing.

Because if I'm not mistaken, that extension has not been finalized yet. And this whole thing surely isn't helping matters.
No, but...think about the negotiating dynamics here. It is certainly possible that Adidas now has quite a lot of leverage.
Deleted User 75

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

In a taped conversation that was not allowed into evidence today, Adidas' Merl Code and Kansas asst Kurtis Townsend discuss the recruitment of Zion Williamson, who wound up at Duke. In arguing for admission, a transcript was read by Code defense atty Mark Moore. (thread)

Code: "Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff ... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

Kurtis Townsend: "I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way."

per @DanWetzel

Also, there were other similar discussions about recruits involving other schools. This shit is so widespread...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

You all may want to follow his thread on Twitter. Interesting stuff.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm In a taped conversation that was not allowed into evidence today, Adidas' Merl Code and Kansas asst Kurtis Townsend discuss the recruitment of Zion Williamson, who wound up at Duke. In arguing for admission, a transcript was read by Code defense atty Mark Moore. (thread)

Code: "Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff ... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

Kurtis Townsend: "I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way."

per @DanWetzel

Also, there were other similar discussions about recruits involving other schools. This shit is so widespread...
Unbelievably stupid, all of it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

But but but Duke would never...... Coach K said so!
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:31 pm Are SDS and Bowen getting the worst of it so far during this trial? (Player wise)
Defense hasn't been terrible this year.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:33 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm In a taped conversation that was not allowed into evidence today, Adidas' Merl Code and Kansas asst Kurtis Townsend discuss the recruitment of Zion Williamson, who wound up at Duke. In arguing for admission, a transcript was read by Code defense atty Mark Moore. (thread)

per @DanWetzel

Unbelievably stupid, all of it.
Newsflash kids - This shit has been in Tuss's blood forever.

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/articl ... 146755.php

Coincidental or intentional Tweet?

Kurtis Townsend Retweeted

Trust In The Lord

@trustinthelordd
14h14 hours ago
More
Life is not fair, but God is always faithful.
1 reply 26 retweets 105 likes
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Thank god this is happening now, and not, like, in May.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

There’s like no scenario right now that has Townsend next to Self on the bench this year, right?

Between his sketchy twitter likes and interactions and now this. He’s gotta be the fall guy in this situation. And then he’ll go down guns blazing. Taking down all the other schools.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is not very fun that I am paying for a federal investigation and prosecution designed to make a federal crime out of breaking private rules the enforcement of which is unethical, immoral and illogical, which investigation and prosecution carries with it a nonzero chance of ruining one of the only external things that actually brings me joy.
Deleted User 75

Townsend should stay. Self should stay. Who gives a fuck! This isn't morally wrong. It's literally what happens in elite basketball at all the top programs.
Deleted User 75

We are collateral damage in this dumb FBI investigation.

Don't they need to be doing something else more important than this? Do these guys really deserve to go to jail over this?

In my opinion the dirtiest mother fucker I've seen in all of this is Fenny Falagmne or however you spell it.