Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:53 am I think he knows/knew something was happening behind the scenes but distanced himself from the operations, allowing other people down the pipeline to get things done.
That I agree with. I don't think there will be evidence of Self negotiating dollar amounts with recruits families.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Last edited by Deleted User 57 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deleted User 57

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 am
pdub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:53 am I think he knows/knew something was happening behind the scenes but distanced himself from the operations, allowing other people down the pipeline to get things done.
That I agree with. I don't think there will be evidence of Self negotiating dollar amounts with recruits families.
Does there have to be or is Self simply being aware of it and not stopping it happening enough to "incriminate" him in terms of "involvement"?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Who knows with how the NCAA decides on things.
We're a larger program, like UNC, so we may not get as much if any punishment compared to a school like Memphis or Oklahoma.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Billy Preston didn't play one minute after Compliance discovered the money.
Cliff didn't play after Compliance learned of the loan.
It would be wise to step back off the ledge.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 57

SDS played. Right?
Deleted User 75

Gutter's Mother wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:03 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 am
Does there have to be or is Self simply being aware of it and not stopping it happening enough to "incriminate" him in terms of "involvement"?
Depends if we are talking about FBI or NCAA.

We've done plenty NCAA wise to most likely get us in some sort of trouble if they decide to go down that rabbit hole. But like Fish has said, it's possible they don't want to.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Yep and it is alleged that he received 2500 bucks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Plausible deniability.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:15 am Billy Preston didn't play one minute after Compliance discovered the money.
Cliff didn't play after Compliance learned of the loan.
It would be wise to step back off the ledge.
Not sure anyone is on the ledge.

I personally don't care about players getting money from super rich shoe companies..I personally think it's dumb the NCAA thinks they should control how a shoe company spends it's money on employee development and marketing.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 am Plausible deniability.
Yup, you know it's a swamp so you stay on the boat. that way you don't get dirty.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 am Yep and it is alleged that he received 2500 bucks.
And if this is the case, we should be punished on terms with what has been judged in the past.
Selby was banned for nine games for a similar amount - SDS plays his first game vs Villanova.
Deleted User 75

What about the money to go to Maryland? Gasnolla doesn't work for UA so of course he can't testify about that money. Are you guys ignoring that because you think it's a lie or because it didn't come from someone affiliated with KU (I consider Gasnolla to be affiliated with KU at this point).
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Prove it.
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 amProve it.
You realize the ncaa doesn't have to prove anything to anyone but themselves, right? Ncaa rules aren't laws. Their rulings aren't court decisions.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:24 am
Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 am Yep and it is alleged that he received 2500 bucks.
And if this is the case, we should be punished on terms with what has been judged in the past.
Selby was banned for nine games for a similar amount - SDS plays his first game vs Villanova.
I think a common error being made here is assuming that anything will happen to KU in a vacuum - it will not work like that. The NCAA is not going to suspend Silvio for $2,500 now, or $60,000 now, or whatever. The NCAA is going to take a back seat during the trials.

Since all the NCAA is going to do - if anything! - is release some chickenshit statement that everyone is playing their guys at their own risk, then it's going to be up to KU, and it's going to be an all or nothing thing. The Preston situation demonstrated a very cautious approach that I have to think will only be more desirable to KU/Self/(Long?)/(Girod?) here, given (a) the spotlight on KU right this second (which is thanks, in no small part, to some incredible recklessness/carelessness on Self's part), and (b) the luxury of frontcourt options we have.

So: at this point, I would bet good money that we won't see Silvio play for KU again.

Which is stupid, and the wrong outcome, and should be a shameful result for everyone who has ever spoken or written a word on the importance of education and opportunities blah blah blah.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I'm following correctly, the alleged 60k has nothing to do with Kansas.
There was an alleged 20k offered but never paid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Self is 100% certain that the only payments involved with Kansas and De Sousa is that $ 2,500 then he should sit SDS for 4.5 games and afterwards say, "I'm just guessing here NCAA but this is around the benchmark for these kinda payments."
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am If I'm following correctly, the alleged 60k has nothing to do with Kansas.
There was an alleged 20k offered but never paid.
I am curious if that will matter. If Maryland payed him and we played him, then it's us on the hook for playing an ineligible player. Maryland could also be hit with something, but it'd be in addition to us because regardless SDS played for Kansas, not Maryland.
Deleted User 75

As sucky as this all is, at least we're not on the poli-board!