KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Post by TDub »

1 2 3 and 17 or something like that. But im sure they went to Duke for the brotherhood..............
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Even though our asst coach is on tape discussing what Zion's parents benefits package required.

Odd that they had no problem mentioning Self and SDS, but I heard abso-fucking-lutely nothing about Zion and Duke.
Deleted User 75

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I read more acceptance/resignation.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's almost semester break!

Which, of course, means....

On to Bosnia!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maybe he can get onto Panathinaikos and hang with Langford.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am Maybe he can get onto Panathinaikos and hang with Langford.
I know you're sort of joking, but isn't that one of the best franchises overseas? I'm not sure he's good enough to play in the highest level leagues over there.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:15 am
pdub wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am Maybe he can get onto Panathinaikos and hang with Langford.
I know you're sort of joking, but isn't that one of the best franchises overseas? I'm not sure he's good enough to play in the highest level leagues over there.
it is...or at least was

that's why/how Langford got paid what he did. wasn't he the highest paid overseas player at one point?
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:15 am
it is...or at least was

that's why/how Langford got paid what he did. wasn't he the highest paid overseas player at one point?
Definitely the highest paid American as far as I know. Won championships and an MVP or 2 iirc.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NCAA won't punish programs caught up in the adidas trial until after the 2019 Final Four.

So....do we get the extreme opposite? He is now immediately eligible or he is done because any ruling associated with his eligibility (either repayment or additional game suspensions) would be considered a punishment?
Holidaysmore - 2005
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 am NCAA won't punish programs caught up in the adidas trial until after the 2019 Final Four.

So....do we get the extreme opposite? He is now immediately eligible or he is done because any ruling associated with his eligibility (either repayment or additional game suspensions) would be considered a punishment?
That's where my line of thinking is. I think his post was saying he thinks it's good news that he'll be playing soon, because there won't be a punishment until next year.

I take it the other way. If they are holding him out until the NCAA rules, I think that just confirms he won't play this year. And if I were to bet, never again at KU.
Deleted User 75

We will not play him until the ncaa officially clears him (again). Otherwise he'd already be playing....but it is possible if we KNOW there is nothing else that's going to come out involving him or our staff that the ncaa could make a decision on him....although I have no idea how that decision would be favorable for us.

It may be most wise for us to sit tight and keep our head down and mouth shut. Especially with the info that was presented in court involving our staff. Maybe it'd be best to not push our luck with the ncaa and hope that they do very little after all these trials wrap up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cracks me up that Zion is playing and NO ONE FUCKING CARES.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am Cracks me up that Zion is playing and NO ONE FUCKING CARES.
The list of players names is pretty long and is there anyone other than De Sousa and Bowen who've been impacted in terms of playing?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am Cracks me up that Zion is playing and NO ONE FUCKING CARES.
I agree. There is no worry by duke and no investigation by their compliance....but the stuff related to SDS was less hypothetical and more hard evidence than the Zion allegations.

Plus, no duke coaches on wire taps or text messages....and while I think the Zion stuff is true, I have no clue how the ncaa can prove it just because our staff was willing to offer things to him....especially because Duke doesn't seem like they'd be helpful or forthcoming about info that'll be hard to prove/discover without the fbi doing the dirty work.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am
The list of players names is pretty long and is there anyone other than De Sousa and Bowen who've been impacted in terms of playing?
Auburn had 2 players impacted. Austin Wiley was ruled ineligible for all of last year and is now back playing this year. Daniel Purifoy will miss 30% of this years games. So he comes back in a few weeks I think.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We actually don't know what may come--but Zion himself seems to have had pretty strong "representation." Too strong to allow him to play this season without malfeasance on the part of the NCAA. We know his price.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am
Auburn had 2 players impacted. Austin Wiley was ruled ineligible for all of last year and is now back playing this year. Daniel Purifoy will miss 30% of this years games. So he comes back in a few weeks I think.
At least those were definite periods of time.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:36 am
I agree. There is no worry by duke and no investigation by their compliance....but the stuff related to SDS was less hypothetical and more hard evidence than the Zion allegations.

Plus, no duke coaches on wire taps or text messages....and while I think the Zion stuff is true, I have no clue how the ncaa can prove it just because our staff was willing to offer things to him....especially because Duke doesn't seem like they'd be helpful or forthcoming about info that'll be hard to prove/discover without the fbi doing the dirty work.
I'm just saying that there's absolutely, 100% going to be a group of schools/players/situations here where nothing will end up happening because the time for action will be (a) after it's not cool or sexy anymore to level penalties, and (b) before meaningful change occurs.

That's the zone 2018-19 Silvio was going to be prior to the most recent news. I fully understand why he's not playing now - now it would just be extreme recklessness - but nothing at fucking all is going to happen to Arizona over Ayton, or UNC over Little, or Duke over Zion.

Cracks me up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Frustrating. KU was vilified, but took meaningful action. Duke, which must be in some type of academic fraud with its five-star pre-meds well before shoe money, walks.