KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Kansas Basketball.
Lonestarjayhawk

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:55 pm Doesn't make sense. The decision is made when it's made. The whole deadline of next week doesn't make sense to me personally. Unless SDS has decided if he's not cleared by next Saturday he's going overseas and/or preparing for a professional career in the NBA/G-League.

If the NCAA is telling Kansas that they believe the investigation is almost complete and that he will be cleared, the complience people tell that to Long and/or Self, Long and/or Self share that information with their staff, staff is sharing the information with Seth Davis...Like I said, Davis isn't saying "maybe" or "chance are", he is not mincing words, he is saying that SDS is going to be cleared to play. Now he was wrong about the timing but he has tripled down on the content of his statement. SDS will be cleared to play.

And he isn't saying that SDS will make up his mind by that date, he is clear...SDS will be in a Kansas uniform and playing for the Jayhawks.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I hope you're/he's right.

But...

"The investigation is almost complete"

LOL

They couldn't investigate this shit effectively the 1st time (without the fbi of course). That's why they cleared him. They are lucky KU/they admitted to it or they wouldn't ever be able to make a decision.

The ncaa needs an overhaul. It's totally ridiculous this has taken this long. They've had all their "evidence" for months. Just make a decision.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:53 pm He's been saying this for weeks hasn't he?

The last 2 Saturday’s for sure. This will make 3rd.
I am, I said.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:55 pm Doesn't make sense. The decision is made when it's made. The whole deadline of next week doesn't make sense to me personally. Unless SDS has decided if he's not cleared by next Saturday he's going overseas and/or preparing for a professional career in the NBA/G-League.
The last part of what you said rings true with me. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s an internal deadline where we have said we need to get him back, if at all, by X date.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:40 pm Davis says we will know by next Saturday. Things are in motion.
https://twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/stat ... w">January 26
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

one way or another...
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:55 am
The last part of what you said rings true with me. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s an internal deadline where we have said we need to get him back, if at all, by X date.
2 or 3 days ago SDS had a social media post that was an "hour glass" with time running out.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

He also posted some other stuff such as ‘decisions are not hard to make, especially when it isn’t about you ;)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Among the most frustrating elements of all is that Silvio has been eligible all along. The ncaa clearing house don’t mean jack shit.

Expanding on the Scott Drew fuckery, what if/when the whole idea of eligibility is weaponized?

If you’re some slimy coach desperate for an advantage, at what point do you blow whistles and start rumors about some player’s eligibility, on the chance maybe that player gets withheld for a big game?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 pm Among the most frustrating elements of all is that Silvio has been eligible all along. The ncaa clearing house don’t mean jack shit.

Expanding on the Scott Drew fuckery, what if/when the whole idea of eligibility is weaponized?

If you’re some slimy coach desperate for an advantage, at what point do you blow whistles and start rumors about some player’s eligibility, on the chance maybe that player gets withheld for a big game?
Uh, you sort of answer your question within your own post.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, isn't the Selby/Drew situation fairly isolated?

how often does a coach make a fuss about a player on another team's eligibility?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:40 pm Davis says we will know by next Saturday. Things are in motion.
KU confirms:

https://twitter.com/CJMooreHoops/status ... 1688190978
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

nice!

wait, is there any indication it'll be a good answer?

or just "eff the NCAA I'm leaving college now"
Deleted User 75

Any answer is better than no answer.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 75

https://youtu.be/bflYjF90t7c

The excited/scared part..not the pill part.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ugh, I forgot we're AT Texas this time.

amember last time we played them and we let them hang around for a shot to win it right at the end? ugh
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The tricky thing about playing at Texas is that you get hustled out of the dressing room right after the game to make way for the touring company of Riverdance.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder, once Self heard the rumors oh, about three weeks ago, that De Sousa had a decent chance of returning, if he has moved him into the first team at practice more often.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:38 am I wonder, once Self heard the rumors oh, about three weeks ago, that De Sousa had a decent chance of returning, if he has moved him into the first team at practice more often.
Self's telling himself rumors now?