Contributor

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by defixione »

Can you throw us a bone?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 am So is it really "illegal" to try and get dirt on your political opponent? Clinton and the DNC paid for a fake Russian dossier, guess that's OK. Haven't heard a peep from Clinton about it. Just a "nothing burger" say the demonrats.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that getting dirt on a political opponent through legal channels is okay. However, I'm not sure that arranging to buy or being in possession of stolen property, i.e. hacked emails, is a legit route to take.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

defixione wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 pm Can you throw us a bone?
we’re supposed to read his mind

if i knew the answer, i wouldn’t have asked the question...shame on me for trying to actually have a conversation
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 pm Can you throw us a bone?
It's actually quite literal this time. Trad said he was trying to find information about the origin of the dossier, etc., and I told him to try harder.

No hidden meaning.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

William Barr and situational executive privilege.

i.e., it was different when a democrat was president:

1994 video of William Barr talking about executive privilege
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:53 pm William Barr and situational executive privilege.

i.e., it was different when a democrat was president:

1994 video of William Barr talking about executive privilege
make sure there's no political fixing

ask the president to come before a grand jury

lulz
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

“Passive” collusion not as bad as “active” collusion? Ask Brennan or Clapper.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This, no doubt, should be on the "Dumbshit" thread, but...

Thanks republicans, for subjecting our nation to this ignorant, incurious, piece of shit.

Trump says he would ask Supreme Court to intervene if Democrats move to impeach him

President Trump suggested Wednesday that he would ask the Supreme Court to intervene if Democrats move to impeach him — a notion that legal experts said showed a misunderstanding of the Constitution...
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Is it the Republicans fault for what many think this is the “fiasco of a presidency” ? Maybe the blame should fall to the Dems for not getting more voters to the polls. Laziness, incompetence, overly confident, Dems, you can only blame yourselves.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's pro-level Twister right there.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Republican senators are paying a political price

The latest Politico-Morning Consult poll suggests that GOP senators, especially those vulnerable in 2020, who are bent on accommodating President Trump and his noxious nominees, policy stances and behavior are paying a political price.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who has always pitched herself as a pro-choice moderate, has nosedived in the polls since voting to pass Trump’s tax plan and to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh. From a 67 percent/27 percent favorable/unfavorable rating in the first quarter of 2017, she has sunk to 52 percent/39 percent. She’s 25 net points underwater with Democrats. She might (or might not) have staved off a primary challenge, but she’s setting herself up for her first competitive Senate race since 1996, with an army of pro-choice voters looking to knock her out of the Senate. For a pro-life moderate in a purplish-blue state, sticking by Trump has not worked to her advantage.

...Then there is Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who won in 2014 by presenting himself as an advocate for women (e.g. stressing access to over-the-counter contraception). In 2017, he started with a 49/30 favorable margin. Now he is at 35/35...

...Go down the list of 2020 GOP incumbents on the ballot, and you see a similar pattern. Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) has slid from a 39/30 approval/disapproval split to 34/33; Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tumbled from 44/47 to 36/50; and Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) fell from 47/37 to 40/37. These politicians’ Trump sycophancy could well cost them their seats.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 pm Is it the Republicans fault for what many think this is the “fiasco of a presidency” ? Maybe the blame should fall to the Dems for not getting more voters to the polls. Laziness, incompetence, overly confident, Dems, you can only blame yourselves.
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am That's pro-level Twister right there.
^^^

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:38 pm Republican senators are paying a political price

The latest Politico-Morning Consult poll suggests that GOP senators, especially those vulnerable in 2020, who are bent on accommodating President Trump and his noxious nominees, policy stances and behavior are paying a political price.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who has always pitched herself as a pro-choice moderate, has nosedived in the polls since voting to pass Trump’s tax plan and to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh. From a 67 percent/27 percent favorable/unfavorable rating in the first quarter of 2017, she has sunk to 52 percent/39 percent. She’s 25 net points underwater with Democrats. She might (or might not) have staved off a primary challenge, but she’s setting herself up for her first competitive Senate race since 1996, with an army of pro-choice voters looking to knock her out of the Senate. For a pro-life moderate in a purplish-blue state, sticking by Trump has not worked to her advantage.

...Then there is Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who won in 2014 by presenting himself as an advocate for women (e.g. stressing access to over-the-counter contraception). In 2017, he started with a 49/30 favorable margin. Now he is at 35/35...

...Go down the list of 2020 GOP incumbents on the ballot, and you see a similar pattern. Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) has slid from a 39/30 approval/disapproval split to 34/33; Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tumbled from 44/47 to 36/50; and Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) fell from 47/37 to 40/37. These politicians’ Trump sycophancy could well cost them their seats.

[...]
lulz@jenrubin
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

What have you published?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Quite a bit, actually.

Thanks for asking?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:42 pm
dolomite wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 pm Is it the Republicans fault for what many think this is the “fiasco of a presidency” ? Maybe the blame should fall to the Dems for not getting more voters to the polls. Laziness, incompetence, overly confident, Dems, you can only blame yourselves.
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am That's pro-level Twister right there.
^^^

that rug really ties the room together.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 pm Quite a bit, actually.

Thanks for asking?
Your thoughts on gun control were enlightening. Solid essays.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas