Id take Mickey mouse over either of them
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by TDub »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:36 am
TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:49 am
Geezer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 am The shear volume of sewage surrounding the Trump campaign is astonishing.
Agreed. And he sold it to a lot of people. The volume of sewage around hillary was large as well. Its embarrassing. We need better options.
You had a vastly better option than the 5th avenue con man.
True. Unfortunately with our 2 party system that Candidate wasnt truly an option.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 am Id take Mickey mouse over either of them
Deleted User 75

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 am
TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:49 am

Agreed. And he sold it to a lot of people. The volume of sewage around hillary was large as well. Its embarrassing. We need better options.
True. Unfortunately with our 2 party system that Candidate wasnt truly an option.
No shit.

Maybe if the Dems wouldn't have had so much collusion going on by the power players in their party to ensure Hillary got the nomination then things would have turned out differently.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 am
TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 am

No shit.

Maybe if the Dems wouldn't have had so much collusion going on by the power players in their party to ensure Hillary got the nomination then things would have turned out differently.
Bernie Sanders was not a better choice to be the candidate than Clinton. He has less baggage but his policies are WAY too far out to the left. There is zero chance he would have won the election.

I do not like how they got to the right selection but that does not change the fact that the right selection was made.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I wasnt talking about bernie.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 am I wasnt talking about bernie.
At least if Gary Johnson was in the White House we could all smoke a little weed and forget about this shitshow for a bit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics ... index.html

"President Donald Trump personally directed his longtime former attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the Moscow Trump Tower project, two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter told BuzzFeed.
The law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed that Trump directed Cohen to claim negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow ended months earlier than they actually did. The law enforcement sources told BuzzFeed that Cohen confirmed to special counsel Robert Mueller's team that Trump issued the order to lie to Congress.
CNN has not corroborated the BuzzFeed report.
Mueller's office learned Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization, internal company emails, text messages and other documents, Buzzfeed reports."

Giuliani tries to brush it off with a "yeah, but Cohen is a liar" but he ignores the "through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization, internal company emails, text messages and other documents" part. I don't think this is going to end well for the President.
Deleted User 75

"CNN has not corroborated the buzzfeed report, but we don't really give a shit if it's accurate because we're an entertainment channel and not a news channel anymore"

Whichever law enforcement investigators are constantly leaking new info to outlets like buzzfeed everyday need to be fired.

I'm sure there's some truth to the stuff we are hearing, but Cohen is also trying to save his own ass...this real estate protect never even happened, so that may save the president in some ways....we already know Russia was flooding the Internet with fake memes and fake news to try to influence voters. Even Russia hated the idea of Hillary as president. LOL

This term can't get over soon enough. Get him out of there and get a better republican ( ;-) ) in office. This election was all about the supreme court spots opening up for many voters on the right.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 am "CNN has not corroborated the buzzfeed report, but we don't really give a shit if it's accurate because we're an entertainment channel and not a news channel anymore"

Whichever law enforcement investigators are constantly leaking new info to outlets like buzzfeed everyday need to be fired.

I'm sure there's some truth to the stuff we are hearing, but Cohen is also trying to save his own ass...this real estate protect never even happened, so that may save the president in some ways....we already know Russia was flooding the Internet with fake memes and fake news to try to influence voters. Even Russia hated the idea of Hillary as president. LOL

This term can't get over soon enough. Get him out of there and get a better republican ( ;-) ) in office. This election was all about the supreme court spots opening up for many voters on the right.
"Some truth to it". OK. The FBI has texts, emails and other documents confirming it. This isn't about Cohen trying to save his ass. It involves Cohen but it isn't being pulled out of nowhere by Cohen.

And yes, I agree that many Republicans voted for whatever Republican was on the ticket simply because of the Supreme Court openings. But such short sighted voting is how we get into situations like this. People say "yeah, but I only give a shit about this one thing. The rest doesn't impact me personally" is the ultimate "I am only looking out for #1" approach that I don't personally have much respect for. And on a larger scale, I find that many portions of the GOP platform are largely about looking out for #1 regardless of the impact to any other portions of our society. We are simply too large of a society to devolve into a Wild Wild West shit show where everyone just looks out for their own interests, damn the greater consequences.

Inevitably, the shit show flings shit nationwide and everyone feels the negative impacts. Now #1 is covered in #2 and what you voted for didn't get you the desired results.
Deleted User 75

Why is the special counsel leaking stuff to the media every single day?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 am Why is the special counsel leaking stuff to the media every single day?
He's not.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 am "CNN has not corroborated the buzzfeed report, but we don't really give a shit if it's accurate because we're an entertainment channel and not a news channel anymore"

"Some truth to it". OK. The FBI has texts, emails and other documents confirming it. This isn't about Cohen trying to save his ass. It involves Cohen but it isn't being pulled out of nowhere by Cohen.

And yes, I agree that many Republicans voted for whatever Republican was on the ticket simply because of the Supreme Court openings. But such short sighted voting is how we get into situations like this. People say "yeah, but I only give a shit about this one thing. The rest doesn't impact me personally" is the ultimate "I am only looking out for #1" approach that I don't personally have much respect for. And on a larger scale, I find that many portions of the GOP platform are largely about looking out for #1 regardless of the impact to any other portions of our society. We are simply too large of a society to devolve into a Wild Wild West shit show where everyone just looks out for their own interests, damn the greater consequences.

Inevitably, the shit show flings shit nationwide and everyone feels the negative impacts. Now #1 is covered in #2 and what you voted for didn't get you the desired results.
1) you don't really know what the FBI has because nobody has seen it. So it's awfully hard to say "it's been confirmed". This is just shit getting leaked to the media at this point....saying that Cohen isn't trying to save his own ass to an extent is willful ignorance. Of course he is. That's why he flipped on trump.

2) I'm always going to look out for my family and my interests 1st (financially). That doesn't make me a shitty person. I still care about all of our society, but I do not personally believe you can build a strong society simply by taking as much as possible from 1 group and redistributing it to others. It's not a philosophy that I think works. It hasn't worked very well anywhere in the history of the world......now, when that subject involves the environment/healthcare I lean way more left than right. I'm all with you on the greater impacts of society there, and not worried about how it impacts businesses profits/etc.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 am
I'd still take trump over hillary.
JFC
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

is there anyone (other than dolomite/imz) that uses the terms libs or libtards more than illy?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Is there anyone who pretends to be a centrist—while really being hard right—more than Illinois?
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 am If you say so.

Plus, there was a lot more riding on it than just 4 years of 1 or the other. You know that.

I'd still take trump over hillary.
Of course you would.That doesn't surprise me even a little bit.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:13 am Is there anyone who pretends to be a centrist—while really being hard right—more than Illinois?
It's scary that you think anyone in the center is hard right. Like, really scary.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 am Why is the special counsel leaking stuff to the media every single day?
It's your assumption that it is the Special Counsel that is leaking it. An investigation of this size is impossible to run without peripheral employees not knowing at least some details of it. There are people that work for my employer who have details about projects I am working that I have never met or have any idea who they even are. I heard two people talking about one of my projects in the elevator yesterday. It was weird.