i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:12 pm a "fine" american wouldn't elect a fucking dipshit bully with zero experience in politics, and literally NONE of the qualities we've grown to expect from the presidency
Then he should be easy to overturn in 2020.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you're right

and he should've been beaten easily in '16, but he wasn't

if that 30% didn't represent roughly half of those that actually vote, then we wouldn't be having this discussion
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Hopefully the Dems dont make the dozens of mistakes it took to get Trump elected in '16. Start with "dont nominate a Clinton with a closet full of skeletons".
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Who will the Russians support?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:20 pm Who will the Russians support?
Donald Trump of course, you silly.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

dolomite wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:32 am
Geezer wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:20 pm Who will the Russians support?
Donald Trump of course, you silly. (with or without collusion)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Manafort was a fool for trying to outsmart the IRS.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:56 am Manafort was a fool for trying to outsmart the IRS.
But, Trump is a genius...right?
Deleted User 89

a stable one
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Who hires only the best people.
Defense. Rebounds.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Nervous Nancy

lulz
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Mueller has cited his teammate David Spencer Hackett's death in the Vietnam War as an influence on his decision to pursue military service.[20] Of his classmate, Mueller has said, "One of the reasons I went into the Marine Corps was because we lost a very good friend, a Marine in Vietnam, who was a year ahead of me at Princeton. There were a number of us who felt we should follow his example and at least go into the service. And it flows from there."[21] Hackett was a Marine Corps first lieutenant in the infantry and was killed in 1967 in Quảng Trị Province by small arms fire.[22]

After waiting a year so a knee injury could heal, Mueller was accepted for officer training in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending training at Parris Island, Officer Candidate School, Army Ranger School, and Army jump school. Of these, he said later that he considered Ranger School the most valuable because he felt "more than anything teaches you about how you react with no sleep and nothing to eat."[23][24]

In July 1968, he was sent to South Vietnam, where he served as a rifle platoon leader as a second lieutenant with Second Platoon, H Company, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Marine Division.[11][25] On December 11, 1968, during an engagement in Operation Scotland II, he earned the Bronze Star with "V" device for combat valor for rescuing a wounded Marine under enemy fire during an ambush in which he saw half of his platoon become casualties.[26][27] In April 1969, he received an enemy gunshot wound in the thigh, recovered, and returned to lead his platoon until June 1969.[28] For his service in and during the Vietnam War, his military decorations and awards include: the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V", Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with four service stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.[11][28][24][29]

After recuperating at a field hospital near Da Hong, Mueller became aide-de-camp to 3rd Marine Division's commanding general, then–Major General William K. Jones, where he "significantly contributed to the rapport" Jones had with other officers, according to one report.[23][30] Mueller had originally considered making the Marines his career, but he explained later that he found non-combat life in the Corps to be unexciting.[24]

Reflecting on his service in the Vietnam War, Mueller said, "I consider myself exceptionally lucky to have made it out of Vietnam. There were many—many—who did not. And perhaps because I did survive Vietnam, I have always felt compelled to contribute."[31] In 2009, he told a writer that despite his other accomplishments he was still "most proud the Marine Corps deemed me worthy of leading other Marines."[24]
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

stud
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:58 pmstud
I wonder if, at any time during his amazing service to this country, his feet ever hurt?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:54 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:58 pmstud
I wonder if, at any time during his amazing service to this country, his feet ever hurt?
Clearly Mueller had no concept of how far away Vietnam is or else he wouldn't have gone.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

. Edited: 2pm Eastern today. America is about to be reintroduced to John Dean, the man whose cool, calm and controversial testimony in the Watergate investigation began the public demolition of President Richard Nixon.

As he spoke to the Senate's special investigating committee on June 25, 1973, Dean and his owlish glasses were imprinted on the national consciousness, his appearance carried live on all three TV networks and watched by tens of millions.

Dean had been the White House counsel when he had warned Nixon there was "a cancer growing on the presidency" that could prove fatal. Dean's diagnosis was based on his own involvement, and by turning against his boss, he was helping his prognosis come true as well.

Dean will be back on Capitol Hill Monday, called by the House Judiciary Committee, where he briefly worked as junior staffer for the Republican members more than 50 years ago...

Here's a commercial running as of today, by Republicans for the Rule of Law:

https://twitter.com/ForTheRuleOfLaw/sta ... 6433566720
Last edited by Shirley on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

they’ve (GOP leadership) shown nothing that would give any confidence that they’re willing or able to do any such thing
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Unfucking believable. Except, not.

Thanks, republicans. You're going to own Trump for a long, long time.

https://twitter.com/Mimirocah1/status/1 ... 1773934593
Anand Giridharadas