i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if elected officials stopped voting as strictly on party lines, there probably wouldn’t be as much of a sentiment about the general public that identify as one party or another

there needs to be legislators in the mold of heidi heitcamp (sp?) along these lines
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 am if elected officials stopped voting as strictly on party lines, there probably wouldn’t be as much of a sentiment about the general public that identify as one party or another

there needs to be legislators in the mold of heidi heitcamp (sp?) along these lines
Constitutionally speaking, the system is set up to promote state and regional interests, with the chief executive and the executive branch having evolved to promote their own individual and collective interests. The "national interest" is neither addressed in theory nor promoted in practice.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yikes.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So exactly what everyone who isn't a Trumpite assumed happened, right?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Individual 1.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1445230596

Whoever Individual 1 is though is screwed.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Is there anyway the Senate ever gets to 66 votes? What would it take?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I can't imagine what it would take.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RussianHawk wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm Is there anyway the Senate ever gets to 66 votes? What would it take?
Video of him murdering someone. Outside of that, we are stuck with this lying sack of shit.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 pm
RussianHawk wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm Is there anyway the Senate ever gets to 66 votes? What would it take?
Video of him murdering someone. Outside of that, we are stuck with this lying sack of shit.
Depends on who he murdered.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mueller's office alleges Manafort lied about 5 different things, but I'm having a hard time confirming what those 5 things are.

so far: lying about connections to some Ukrainian/Russian spy dude, ongoing contact with the Trump administration, a wire transfer, a mystery "ongoing investigation," and I dunno.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:34 pm So exactly what everyone who isn't a Trumpite assumed happened, right?
Yep.

The Cohen-Stormy case has always been the immediate risk to his presidency.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No.

They'd have to do what the Republicans did with Nixon -- i.e. march up to the White House and tell him it's over. Thing is Trump is far less reasonable than Nixon.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

This is the moment in history where current Republican office holders can demonstrate to the world if they value decency and rule of law over blind party loyalty.

Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell have already made their choice. Is there any decent Republican left in office?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 am This is the moment in history where current Republican office holders can demonstrate to the world if they value decency and rule of law over blind party loyalty.

Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell have already made their choice. Is there any decent Republican left in office?
Ben Sasse from Nebraska seems to actually be trying. He just doesn't quite have the gravitas and experience to really have an impact yet.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 pm
No.

They'd have to do what the Republicans did with Nixon -- i.e. march up to the White House and tell him it's over. Thing is Trump is far less reasonable than Nixon.
And are we really prepared for President Pence?