i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:00 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:03 pm in other news...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1159476
Donny's been holding that card to use as a means of distraction for quite a while now. I'm surprised he was able to withhold the gratification of playing it for so long.
Flynn (raw deal)
If you can't trust the FBI, who can you trust?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:35 pm
Feral wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:00 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:03 pm in other news...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1159476
Donny's been holding that card to use as a means of distraction for quite a while now. I'm surprised he was able to withhold the gratification of playing it for so long.
Flynn (raw deal)
If you can't trust the FBI, who can you trust?
Flynn: I want to withdraw my guilty plea of lying to the FBI.

Judge: You stated under oath that you did lie.

Flynn: I know. I was lying when I said that.

Judge: Okay. Plea for lying to the FBI is withdrawn. How long will your lawyers need to prepare for your perjury trial?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Moot question, I’m getting pardoned, since I was railroaded into lying.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:20 am Moot question, I’m getting pardoned, since I was railroaded into lying.
You were there? For all of the proceedings?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Muller wants to be relevant but blew it when he had the chance. Could have made a difference but punted. History will not be kind to him; indifferent at best
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

His investigation was a victim of the right's successful ploy to narrow the issue to collusion.

The House impeachment managers did a better job of fighting back a similar play (on quid pro quo) in the impeachment proceedings. But of course that proceeding fell victim to the GOP's abject cowardice, greed and cynicism.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, the investigation was a victim of being blanket discredited as "just another political witch hunt" before we ever learned a thing about it.

and there's still all this:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not sure exactly where this one should go, but the white house dropped its hush case against Michael Cohen.

The president’s former personal attorney, currently serving a sentence for doing the president’s dirty deeds, is free to talk to the media and plans to release a book before the election.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:13 pm Not sure exactly where this one should go, but the white house dropped its hush case against Michael Cohen.

The president’s former personal attorney, currently serving a sentence for doing the president’s dirty deeds, is free to talk to the media and plans to release a book before the election.
Yeah, wonder what the "terms" of the agreement were? Surely not for Cohen to resume lying at every opportunity to support and defend Trump?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If it’s any indication, the reporter described it as a “tell-all” book..
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:51 pm If it’s any indication, the reporter described it as a “tell-all” book..
If anyone hasn't made up their mind on trump, pro or con, at this point they are fuckin brain dead. Don't know why anyone would buy this book or care what it says.

If he has information and evidence to pursue criminal investigation of the trump crime family he should have given it up by now.

At this point Cohen is just trying to capitalize on his last bit of notoriety before he drifts off to obscurity.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good point.

I wonder if there’s any info that would be damning enough to tip the scales for the maga heads? Anything at all?

Maybe some Access Hollywood type moment where a hot mic reveals Trump candidly admitting he...

...doesn’t think Hillary is such a bad person after all?

...is a closeted liberal?

...anything? Anything at all?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Michael Cohen has a much longer history with Trump, and being his personal lawyer, probably has more insight than anyone else. Running afoul of privilege comes into play, but man, at this point, Cohen might just want to burn the world down and let the court sort it out. It's not on Simon & Schuster to protect that privilege. If there's a manuscript on the table, and it's telling the world what went down, the courts aren't going to block that.

If, by chance, that's what this is, it could be a 10-20 million dollar deal. I don't that's what this is, but at this point, who the heck knows.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And no doubt it’ll drop some BOMBSHELLS, which will once again cause jaws to drop on those who actually pay attention, but then be yesterday’s news before tomorrow even comes.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:54 pm That’s a good point.

I wonder if there’s any info that would be damning enough to tip the scales for the maga heads? Anything at all?

Maybe some Access Hollywood type moment where a hot mic reveals Trump candidly admitting he...

...doesn’t think Hillary is such a bad person after all?

...is a closeted liberal?

...anything? Anything at all?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:14 pm And no doubt it’ll drop some BOMBSHELLS, which will once again cause jaws to drop on those who actually pay attention, but then be yesterday’s news before tomorrow even comes.
Who cares about the news? Mary Trump just sold a million books day 1. While Mary Trump is a more sympathetic person than Michael Cohen, she still is only going to have "DT was a mean uncle" stories. Cohen knows where the bodies are buried. And that may not be a metaphor

(other palace intrigue books day 1 sales)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/media/ma ... index.html
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good point - that Cohen prob has more dirt than anyone.

But again, “still better than Cankles!”