i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:54 pm That’s a good point.

I wonder if there’s any info that would be damning enough to tip the scales for the maga heads? Anything at all?

Maybe some Access Hollywood type moment where a hot mic reveals Trump candidly admitting he...

...doesn’t think Hillary is such a bad person after all?

...is a closeted liberal?

...anything? Anything at all?
I doubt they'd give up on him even if they got him on a hot mic saying that he still can't believe he duped so many rube Republicans into believing his nonsense and that the amount of money he is making for his family and the wealthy people that he wants to impress is even larger than he anticipated.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:02 pm Michael Cohen has a much longer history with Trump, and being his personal lawyer, probably has more insight than anyone else. Running afoul of privilege comes into play, but man, at this point, Cohen might just want to burn the world down and let the court sort it out. It's not on Simon & Schuster to protect that privilege. If there's a manuscript on the table, and it's telling the world what went down, the courts aren't going to block that.

If, by chance, that's what this is, it could be a 10-20 million dollar deal. I don't that's what this is, but at this point, who the heck knows.
If his book gets close to market without Trump losing his mind and suing for it to be blocked, then we know it's contents will be Trump supporting fluff.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:37 am
NiceDC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:02 pm Michael Cohen has a much longer history with Trump, and being his personal lawyer, probably has more insight than anyone else. Running afoul of privilege comes into play, but man, at this point, Cohen might just want to burn the world down and let the court sort it out. It's not on Simon & Schuster to protect that privilege. If there's a manuscript on the table, and it's telling the world what went down, the courts aren't going to block that.

If, by chance, that's what this is, it could be a 10-20 million dollar deal. I don't that's what this is, but at this point, who the heck knows.
If his book gets close to market without Trump losing his mind and suing for it to be blocked, then we know it's contents will be Trump supporting fluff.
Nah. Trump doesn't get to just block negative books about him. Bolton's book got delayed because he sent to the White House to ensure nothing was classified, and the WH jerked Bolton's chain around. Mary Trump's book was enjoined for like a week while it went through the courts, but it actually it ended up getting released a month earlier because of the hassle.

Here, if it's a tell-all, Cohen and his publisher will quietly send to presses, and it will go through the same challenge as Mary Trump's book, and as there's no privileged between the publisher and Trump, then it will be allowed on the same grounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:45 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:37 am

Nah. Trump doesn't get to just block negative books about him. Bolton's book got delayed because he sent to the White House to ensure nothing was classified, and the WH jerked Bolton's chain around. Mary Trump's book was enjoined for like a week while it went through the courts, but it actually it ended up getting released a month earlier because of the hassle.

Here, if it's a tell-all, Cohen and his publisher will quietly send to presses, and it will go through the same challenge as Mary Trump's book, and as there's no privileged between the publisher and Trump, then it will be allowed on the same grounds.
I hope Cohen lays everything he knows out there but I'll believe it when I see it. Like I said, if Trump doesn't fight it (whether he has any legal ground to fight it or not) then I can pretty much guarantee it's just going to be a pro-Trump cream puff.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Why on earth would Cohen be pro trump at this point?
Deleted User 318

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 am Why on earth would Cohen be pro trump at this point?
Some women just can quit their man.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, would anyone be surprised if a Cohen book fluffing Trump dropped the same week Trump pardons Cohen?
Deleted User 318

Yooo...

https://twitter.com/MichaelCohen212/sta ... 4772145154

His site crashed with all the attention.
Deleted User 318

Deleted User 318

Site back up, $40 for a signed copy. I might have to get a signed copy just for the novelty of it.

https://disloyalthebook.com/product/sig ... ael-cohen/
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The peepee tape is real
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In Vegas, though?!

Is this in addition to the Russian shenanigans?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:19 pm Yooo...

https://twitter.com/MichaelCohen212/sta ... 4772145154

His site crashed with all the attention.
Well that is going to be interesting. I hope it comes out before November.
Deleted User 318

He's self-publishing (sketch) so my guess is he's having it go from printers to your house soon.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:11 pm He's self-publishing (sketch) so my guess is he's having it go from printers to your house soon.
Oh, good. Michael Cohen with everyone's home address and credit card information. What could go wrong?
Deleted User 318

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/ ... 3838831616

Out Sept 8. Probably going to hate read it, but not sure if I'll buy it yet.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91812949 ... n-fell-sho
Andrew Weissmann was one of the lead prosecutors on special counsel Robert Mueller's team. In his new book, Where Law Ends, Weissmann looks back on where the Mueller investigation succeeded — and where it fell short.

Weissmann points to March 24, 2019, as the exact date when he knew he would write the book. That's when Attorney General William Barr issued what was purported to be a four-page summary of the Mueller report. But Weissmann felt Barr's statement sounded like the work of a political fixer rather than a public servant.

"The four-page letter bore no resemblance to our report in substance or in conclusions," he says. "I spent 20 years at the Department of Justice and seeing the attorney general behave in this way ... is something that is really soul-crushing for many of us who are either at the department now or are alumni of the department."

"I realized at that point that it was going to be a real benefit to the American public to have an insider record, as candidly as possible, what had happened," he says.

Weissmann notes the Mueller investigation was fundamentally shaped by two powers the president held over the team.

"One is the ability to fire us, and the other is that the president had the ability to pardon people who ... we wanted to cooperate with us," he says. "Those two were destabilizing and posed real challenges to what we were doing."

Weissmann argues that at key moments, Mueller was timid when he should have been aggressive in getting information and testimony. And he says the report should have been far clearer in its conclusions about the president's conduct.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol...youtube, an harbinger of truth

https://apnews.com/article/9065413346
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Years Later, Former White House Counsel McGahn Agrees To Testify

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/99641961 ... to-testify
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Vladimir Putin personally authorised a secret spy agency operation to support a “mentally unstable” Donald Trump in the 2016 US presidential election during a closed session of Russia’s national security council, according to what are assessed to be leaked Kremlin documents.

The key meeting took place on 22 January 2016, the papers suggest, with the Russian president, his spy chiefs and senior ministers all present.

They agreed a Trump White House would help secure Moscow’s strategic objectives, among them “social turmoil” in the US and a weakening of the American president’s negotiating position.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... hite-house