Self: Dedric Best Passer We've Ever Had Here

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: Self: Dedric Best Passer We've Ever Had Here

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 am Agreed.

Although that 1 from grimes to dedric on the fast break was pretty good too. He kind of faked low and then got it to him up high in a perfect spot for dedric to catch and finish.
that was the other one i was thinking about. the defender forced Q to make an adjustment mid-motion...definitely impressive (and got the finish)
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:29 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 am Agreed.

Although that 1 from grimes to dedric on the fast break was pretty good too. He kind of faked low and then got it to him up high in a perfect spot for dedric to catch and finish.
that was the other one i was thinking about. the defender forced Q to make an adjustment mid-motion...definitely impressive (and got the finish)
To me it seems like passing is the best part of his game right now. I think that's partly to blame for his "struggles". He's probably not used to playing off the ball so much and having to be a catch and shoot type player. He's probably been a guy with a 35+ usage % and now he's mid teens (prior to last night at least). I think he'll continue to adjust. It's easy to see the skills are there.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

vegashawk wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 pm 1) Best passer we have ever had?
2) Still leading Big 12 POY?

He is leading National POY.

Outside of Vick, Dedric is way out front runner for Big 12 without playing a league game.

I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What’s really crazy about that is that Dedric has a bagel already and it’s a small sample size.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Yet, Goodman and the media eye test vote Zion with most first place votes and 1/4 overall for Dedric.

https://watchstadium.com/news/zion-rank ... 2-05-2018/
I am, I said.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

zion's not even the POY on his own team.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What's really really crazy about it - and I admit to not having watched all that closely - is that at no point have I watched Dedric and even thought to myself that he's a no-brainer first team All Big 12 guy.

The metric above is a testament to how impactful his floor game is, even when he's not ostensibly dominant.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

puts up quiet 24/15 types of games.

B Rush was that way. You'd think, he's played ok, then you look up and he's got 20 points with 8 minutes to go, and you would have guessed he had 12.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

If we start running an actual offense, have some outside shooting other than Vick over the top, have cutters, or a Doke to throw up to (maybe McMack) then Dedric can see 5-7 assists on that line too. We’re not seeing his bestest ever passing because the pieces around him aren’t there. Yet.
I am, I said.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Soklous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 pm If we start running an actual offense, have some outside shooting other than Vick over the top, have cutters, or a Doke to throw up to (maybe McMack) then Dedric can see 5-7 assists on that line too. We’re not seeing his bestest ever passing because the pieces around him aren’t there. Yet.
Well, a four-out offense (running around Dedric at the 5) would accomplish this.