an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Hobbs cancels lease for Saudi-owned alfalfa farm in Arizona

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs says the state is terminating a lease for a Saudi-owned company that’s been farming alfalfa in Arizona. The company has been criticized for growing a water-intensive crop for export amid the Southwest’s historic drought.

Fondomonte Arizona, LLC has four leases on state trust land in La Paz county. In a press release, Hobbs said she directed the State Land Department to inspect Fondomonte’s farms. She said those inspections turned up some violations of the lease agreements dating back to at least 2016.

She said one of the four leases will be terminated and the other three won’t be renewed when they expire early next year.

“I’m not afraid to do what my predecessors refused to do — hold people accountable, maximize value for the state land trust, and protect Arizona’s water future,” Hobbs said in the statement. “It’s unacceptable that Fondomonte has continued to pump unchecked amounts of groundwater out of our state while in clear default on their lease."

The alfalfa that Fondomonte grows is shipped to Saudi Arabia to feed dairy cows. The company pumps massive amounts of groundwater for irrigation.

The Hobbs administration in April had also revoked permits for the company to drill new wells
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:23 pm Hobbs cancels lease for Saudi-owned alfalfa farm in Arizona

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs says the state is terminating a lease for a Saudi-owned company that’s been farming alfalfa in Arizona. The company has been criticized for growing a water-intensive crop for export amid the Southwest’s historic drought.

Fondomonte Arizona, LLC has four leases on state trust land in La Paz county. In a press release, Hobbs said she directed the State Land Department to inspect Fondomonte’s farms. She said those inspections turned up some violations of the lease agreements dating back to at least 2016.

She said one of the four leases will be terminated and the other three won’t be renewed when they expire early next year.

“I’m not afraid to do what my predecessors refused to do — hold people accountable, maximize value for the state land trust, and protect Arizona’s water future,” Hobbs said in the statement. “It’s unacceptable that Fondomonte has continued to pump unchecked amounts of groundwater out of our state while in clear default on their lease."

The alfalfa that Fondomonte grows is shipped to Saudi Arabia to feed dairy cows. The company pumps massive amounts of groundwater for irrigation.

The Hobbs administration in April had also revoked permits for the company to drill new wells
good
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:38 am https://climatevulnerabilityindex.org/
Nothing personal, but after reading the posts on this thread, sometimes I wonder why pdub hasn't already banned you.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:38 am https://climatevulnerabilityindex.org/
Nothing personal, but after reading the posts on this thread, sometimes I wonder why pdub hasn't already banned you.
i know where he lives
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:41 pm
i know where he lives
You too?
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:48 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:41 pm

i know where he lives
You too?
“research”
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:23 pm Hobbs cancels lease for Saudi-owned alfalfa farm in Arizona

It’s about freakin’ time!😵‍💫
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

[/“The CVI can help level the playing field by directing resources to build resilience and adaptability to climate change in the places that need it most”.

I see, so the CVI mainly is about reacting and adapting to climate change.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dolomite wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:02 am

“The CVI can help level the playing field by directing resources to build resilience and adaptability to climate change in the places that need it most”.

i see you’re still a dumbass
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:20 am
dolomite wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:02 am

“The CVI can help level the playing field by directing resources to build resilience and adaptability to climate change in the places that need it most”.

i see you’re still a dumbass
I see name calling is still your forte.😀
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

well, when you can’t figure out how to post on a message board…
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:28 am well, when you can’t figure out how to post on a message board…
?
Not a good excuse.🙁
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, but what's in it for me?
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Ummmmm, maybe Randalina didn’t make himself clear. IMF is the new boogeyman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

He did train to be a chemist.

I've always assumed that has informed his opinions.
Anand Giridharadas