JFC. That about blew my balls off.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by defixione »

Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I'm kind of glad I'm not living in Lawrence after seeing that. I would shit my pants if I walked outside and saw that.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I had a number of friends lose everything cuz of this tornado.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Pics?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Everyone OK out there? We had some decent hail last night that wiped out our garden and dented my daughter's car pretty good but no important damage. Hope you're all safe.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My brothers wife’s uncle ( uncle in law ? ) lost his garage and part of his house.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Thinking about all of you that are in NE Kansas. Hope everyone is ok. Looked like a scary night was endured.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i was in martin city last night and missed the excitement, but sounds like linwood and eudora got his worse than lawrence
Deleted User 89

destruction just south of the wetlands, south side of Lawrence
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 am destruction just south of the wetlands, south side of Lawrence
Driving into Lawrence this morning you could literally see the path that tornado took. Crazy.

I woke up yesterday and could 'feel' it in the air that the weather was going to be unstable. I left work early because I did not want to get caught in the storm and probably 45 minutes later that tornado blew right over where I would have been driving.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

holidaysmore wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:53 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 am destruction just south of the wetlands, south side of Lawrence
Driving into Lawrence this morning you could literally see the path that tornado took. Crazy.

I woke up yesterday and could 'feel' it in the air that the weather was going to be unstable. I left work early because I did not want to get caught in the storm and probably 45 minutes later that tornado blew right over where I would have been driving.
do you come in on 59?

i've driven those county roads on the south side for almost 20 years...sad to see some of the properties that were destroyed. and, as always, miraculous to see the ones that look like they weren't even touched
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I come in on K10. You could see the first trees ripped up right before the wetlands.

Tornadoes are one of the strangest weather phenomenons you will ever see. Total destruction on one block and the next block nothing.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

We got very lucky. The tornado was on a direct path to my house (indeed, the cell from which it dropped passed directly over my house), but it lifted between touchdowns on that path.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 am We got very lucky. The tornado was on a direct path to my house (indeed, the cell from which it dropped passed directly over my house), but it lifted between touchdowns on that path.
Good to hear. I didn't even get a drop of rain...lol. Watching the news, I was getting nervous, so I spent some time buttoning down things in my backyard like umbrellas, patio cushions, pergola awning, etc....nothing but a little bit of wind.