Weather

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:51 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:41 pm Ventured out to get some dog food/people food. I personally love driving in nasty snow. When the roads are empty and it's super cold and dry, it feels like what I imagine driving on the moon feels like; a crunchy, fine dust. We've gotten maybe 7 inches of snow so far with a few more hours left to go. It's 5 degrees with a -16 wind chill so not too bad yet. Got in and out of the pet store and Target pretty quick. Could have driven around for a few hours but I had to get back logged on for work. Boring!
i absolutely love driving in fresh snow
Not quite so much fun in my front wheel drive.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:41 pm Ventured out to get some dog food/people food. I personally love driving in nasty snow. When the roads are empty and it's super cold and dry, it feels like what I imagine driving on the moon feels like; a crunchy, fine dust. We've gotten maybe 7 inches of snow so far with a few more hours left to go. It's 5 degrees with a -16 wind chill so not too bad yet. Got in and out of the pet store and Target pretty quick. Could have driven around for a few hours but I had to get back logged on for work. Boring!
Especially when it is super cold and dry so it's not icy or slushy. Taking the family out for dinner tonight so I can drive in it some more.

One of my favorite Dad memories was a day where it was super cold like this, but with zero wind, and we got more than a foot of snow. I called our zoo to confirm they were still open (we have lots of indoor buildings) and my daughter and I went running around from building to building making fresh tracks in the powder. The zoo employees looked at us like we were insane but we had a blast.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:38 pm
Especially when it is super cold and dry so it's not icy or slushy. Taking the family out for dinner tonight so I can drive in it some more.
OG?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:08 pm
OG?
He will have to be driving a bus to fit the whole family.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:26 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:08 pm

OG?
He will have to be driving a bus to fit the whole family.
All 4 of us can squeeze into my car pretty comfortably. Last meal out before my oldest heads back to KU on Sunday for spring semester. A little snow isn't going to deter me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think you missed the pun.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Twocoach drivin' in the snow. Chain steering wheel. Chains.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:51 pm Twocoach drivin' in the snow. Chain steering wheel. Chains.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:57 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:51 pm Twocoach drivin' in the snow. Chain steering wheel. Chains.
read my mind
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this morning it's -7 with a windchill of -21.

The good news is that, in these Temps, ite easy to wander around the house and find the spots that haven't been properly sealed (around doors/windows etc.) or insulated. Ive made several notations this morning, my spring to do list is increasing.
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:36 am this morning it's -7 with a windchill of -21.

The good news is that, in these Temps, ite easy to wander around the house and find the spots that haven't been properly sealed (around doors/windows etc.) or insulated. Ive made several notations this morning, my spring to do list is increasing.
Yep same here in KC. My house was built in 1928 and I spent several hours last night sealing up windows with weather stripping, things I should have done sooner. I put a towel at the base of my back door before going to bed and this morning it was frozen. And that’s with a storm door pulled tight.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I got up at 6am, it's almost noon now, the temp has dropped 5 degrees already and it's headed another 12 or so degrees lower.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Le Mars IA. Truth. There is always time.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

8:49am -8 degrees with 30 mph wind gusts.
Lake Michigan

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

About the same temp here but no wind.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Guttered....
Went for a brief walk to Walgreen's. 4 traffic light intersections on the way there. Caught a red light at all 4 intersections on the way there and on the way back. Of course Walgreen's was closed. Had to walk to Target.
Highlights of the walk were seeing a woman holding a McDonald's cup (they are clear plastic) of coke with ice with her bare hand. Followed soon after by a woman bitching at her dog for taking too long to take a shit. Gutter being Gutter, I said to her - "Your dog's asshole is probably frozen shut". Her look at me was priceless.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I wanted to head up the hills today, by Mt. Ranier.

Roads all closed east of Enumclaw, right at Crystal Mountain ski area of course.

Priorities
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The pass to get to Denver has been closed for longer than I ever remember it being closed. All day today, thru tonight, no estimated time to reopen

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Currently -7 degrees, 12 mph wind/s "gusting" to 20 at times. Lake is freezing over.
I have heat on but it's still chilly in my apartment. 9 windows in my living room and a couple of "vents" (which are closed) aren't helping.

The lake today (1st pic) compared to yesterday (2nd pic).

This is INside my apartment. That's ice.