More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Watch and listen to the entire video. My hope is this is/was a bad joke. My guess is it isn't.

https://twitter.com/raphousetv2/status/ ... 2884822016
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Color me unsurprised:

A Christian Health Nonprofit Saddled Thousands With Debt as It Built a Family Empire Including a Pot Farm, a Bank and an Airline

Despite a history of fraud, one family has thrived in the regulatory no man’s land of health care sharing ministries, where insurance commissioners can’t investigate, federal agencies turn a blind eye and prosecutors reach paltry settlements...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

My mother, who is a fairly religious person, is thisclose to an epiphany. Two recent FB posts:
Sadly, the same sort of [bias, referring to depictions in AI-generated religious art of a bunch of white people] is similarly reflected in widely available children's versions of Bible stories. It's not 100% white, but it's not even close to the demographics in our nation, and even further from the demographics of the characters in their native places.
"Stories?" "Characters?"
In case you are curious: check out Deuteronomy 15:11 and Matthew 25:34-45. Similar messages attributed to Moses, then Jesus several centuries later.
Attributed?

I do not think my mother would tell you that her faith is tenuous. But, ah, perhaps this is her subconscious bullshit detector kicking on.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Not to be pedantic, but Deuteronomy is, historically, a call for Israel to revert to its foundational constitutional principles and is acknowledged to have been written near the end of the 7th century BC, (during the reign of King Josiah of Judah) -- six to seven hundred years after Moses.

By definition, therefore, ALL of the sermons/commands included in the book are "attributed" to Moses.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sitting at the beach. Beautiful day. Up walks a bunch of people walking in pairs - other than a threesome at the end. No one talking. Very odd. A minute later they stop and stand in a group. One dude says loudly "JESUS" followed by some quite words I could not hear. About 10 minutes later another group walks by going the other direction. Basically the same thing. Some "leader" stops and says something as they stare at the lake and then walk to the underpass (underground bridge beneath Lake Shore Drive).

To each their own but I couldn't help but wonder where the fudge did these people come from/where were they going back to, and why were they congregating at the beach on a Wednesday around 1:00pm to talk to/with Jesus?

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

If ever there was a day for giving thanks in Chicago...
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:05 pm If ever there was a day for giving thanks in Chicago...
Yes, and the fact that our Police Stupidintendant resigned yesterday was the icing on the cake.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, unfortunately the thoughts and prayers that went out to the Chicago Cop (originally reported as being a woman but was a man) who was shot in the face (and leg) while attending to a "domestic dispute" yesterday didn't help. He died.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Doesn't really belong here. Oh well .

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CobdXhLN ... JmNzVkMjY=
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lol!
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

My experience -- and granted, I am not a carpenter -- is that I use three words after hitting my thumb with a hammer. I include his middle name.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today in Christofascist, 'freedom loving", "small government republican", Florida:

https://twitter.com/tomaskenn/status/16 ... tfw">March

...During a Florida House Education Quality Subcommittee hearing Wednesday, state Rep. Ashley Gantt (D) questioned her Republican colleague, state Rep. Stan McClain, on his proposed legislation...

“So if little girls experience their menstrual cycle in fifth grade or fourth grade, will that prohibit conversations from them since they are in the grade lower than sixth grade?” Gantt asked.

McClain responded, “It would.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Not to be pedantic. DC would post as surly.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Motherfucker!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm My experience -- and granted, I am not a carpenter -- is that I use three words after hitting my thumb with a hammer. I include his middle name.
His middle name really was “Fucking”?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:24 pm Not to be pedantic. DC would post as surly.
Cogent.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Overlander wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:33 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm My experience -- and granted, I am not a carpenter -- is that I use three words after hitting my thumb with a hammer. I include his middle name.
That's what I was taught.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:37 pm
Overlander wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:33 pm
That's what I was taught.
I guess my dad was right