His middle name really was “Fucking”?
That's what I was taught.
I guess my dad was right
Jesus Christ?
TDub
Contributor

Re: More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm My experience -- and granted, I am not a carpenter -- is that I use three words after hitting my thumb with a hammer. I include his middle name.
ah fuck you, sonofabitch, you dumb motherfucker.

I count somewhere between 7 and 11 words.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

smh

Only one of the many reasons why the current efforts by republican Christofacists to remake America in their image is so threatening.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

"Others are skeptical"

No shit?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Dem goes all religious jujitsu!

or,

It's different when a Dem does it!

A representative to the Kentucky legislature:

https://youtu.be/znWv-wktmTI
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Same as it ever was.

Yet another decades-long child sexual-abuse scandal in the seemingly never-ending conspiracy by an international institution to protect the perpetrators in their midst from legal accountability for their depravity, and by doing so, enable and spread the abuser's opportunities to find and prey on new victims.

The Maryland Attorney General's Office has publicly released a redacted version of an investigative report detailing sex abuse allegations against more than 150 Catholic priests and examining the Archdiocese of Baltimore's response.

...The report goes back more than 80 years and identifies 156 priests, deacons, Catholic teachers and seminarians within the Archdiocese accused of the "sexual abuse" and "physical torture" of more than 600 victims...

"Today's report from the Maryland Attorney General is first and foremost a sad and painful reminder of the tremendous harm caused to innocent children and young people by some ministers of the Church," Baltimore Archbishop William Lori said. "The detailed accounts of abuse are shocking and soul searing. It is difficult for most to imagine that such evil acts could have actually occurred. For victim-survivors everywhere, they know the hard truth: These evil acts did occur."

..."We also investigated efforts by leardership of the Catholic church to hide and conceal that sexual abuse, with hundreds of thousands of documents dating back to the 1940s produced by the Archdiocese."

The Maryland Attorney General's Office issued the report during Holy Week — considered the most sacred time of year in Christianity ahead of Easter Sunday — and said the number of victims is likely far higher.

"The staggering pervasiveness of the abuse itself underscores the culpability of the Church hierarchy," the report said. "The sheer number of abusers and victims, the depravity of the abusers' conduct, and the frequency with which known abusers were given the opportunity to continue preying upon children are astonishing."

The investigation learned that abusers picked "children who were especially isolated or vulnerable because of shyness, lack of confidence, or problems at home, and they presented themselves as protectors...Abusers preyed upon the children most devoted to the church."

...The report details that St. Mark Parish in Catonsville had 11 abusers living and working there from 1964-2004, and the Church transferred known abusers after victims came forward.

The report reveals how the Archdiocese "repeatedly dismissed reports of abuse…failed to adequately investigate" and hid the abuse rather than protecting victims.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

those goddamn grooming dems
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:37 am Same as it ever was.

Yet another decades-long child sexual-abuse scandal in the seemingly never-ending conspiracy by an international institution to protect the perpetrators in their midst from legal accountability for their depravity, and by doing so, enable and spread the abuser's opportunities to find and prey on new victims.

The Maryland Attorney General's Office has publicly released a redacted version of an investigative report detailing sex abuse allegations against more than 150 Catholic priests and examining the Archdiocese of Baltimore's response.

...The report goes back more than 80 years and identifies 156 priests, deacons, Catholic teachers and seminarians within the Archdiocese accused of the "sexual abuse" and "physical torture" of more than 600 victims...

"Today's report from the Maryland Attorney General is first and foremost a sad and painful reminder of the tremendous harm caused to innocent children and young people by some ministers of the Church," Baltimore Archbishop William Lori said. "The detailed accounts of abuse are shocking and soul searing. It is difficult for most to imagine that such evil acts could have actually occurred. For victim-survivors everywhere, they know the hard truth: These evil acts did occur."

..."We also investigated efforts by leardership of the Catholic church to hide and conceal that sexual abuse, with hundreds of thousands of documents dating back to the 1940s produced by the Archdiocese."

The Maryland Attorney General's Office issued the report during Holy Week — considered the most sacred time of year in Christianity ahead of Easter Sunday — and said the number of victims is likely far higher.

"The staggering pervasiveness of the abuse itself underscores the culpability of the Church hierarchy," the report said. "The sheer number of abusers and victims, the depravity of the abusers' conduct, and the frequency with which known abusers were given the opportunity to continue preying upon children are astonishing."

The investigation learned that abusers picked "children who were especially isolated or vulnerable because of shyness, lack of confidence, or problems at home, and they presented themselves as protectors...Abusers preyed upon the children most devoted to the church."

...The report details that St. Mark Parish in Catonsville had 11 abusers living and working there from 1964-2004, and the Church transferred known abusers after victims came forward.

The report reveals how the Archdiocese "repeatedly dismissed reports of abuse…failed to adequately investigate" and hid the abuse rather than protecting victims.

[...]
Indoctrination
Grooming
Pedophiles

They are everything they claim that I am just for being a Democrat. Sorry, but I simply do not understand why Christians think that the problem with this world is that people aren't going to church as much as they used to. The Catholic Church has no business being the moral authority of the land.

It's not a boogeyman story based on nonsense and slippery slope logic. It's a review of tens of thousands of cases of actual moral depravity and coordinated conspiracy to conceal and continue that depravity.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

The Catholic church is not the only Christian church
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ramjet wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:54 am The Catholic church is not the only Christian church
I do not sweat the details of my labels as I know nothing about Catholic vs. Christian and I do not care about the difference. I am sure that I use the wrong terms frequently due to my lack of being indoctrinated by baptism or church attendance (thank you Mom and Dad). It has proven out over and over that this problem is not unique to any particular faction of religion. They have all proven out to have this exact same problem. Call them what you want, they are a multi-billion dollar tax-exempt corporation that has actively hidden known reports of more than tens of thousands of cases of gruesome rape and torture of our world's children.

“When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.”

- Dr. Maya Angelou
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Seriously, what the fuck happened to Whitlock?

https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/statu ... 2478441476
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Jason didn't have to sit in a slouchy chair.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I made it a minute in, congratulate me.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

defixione wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:23 am Jason didn't have to sit in a slouchy chair.
Having seen Jason up close, I doubt he would fit in a slouchy chair.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:13 am
defixione wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:23 am Jason didn't have to sit in a slouchy chair.
No doubt. First time I met him, I was “so THAT’S why he doesn’t wear a hat”!

Dude has a massive cranium
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:10 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:13 am
No doubt. First time I met him, I was “so THAT’S why he doesn’t wear a hat”!

Dude has a massive cranium
? What am I not understanding?
The man wears (or at least wore) hats.

Back to religion.....
Not sure why but this came across my twitter "feed" this morning. Is it some kind of hint/sign?

https://twitter.com/AWorldOutOfMind/sta ... 3334930432
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/watch- ... mom-trial/

can’t wait to watch the local news media loose their collective minds