More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Coffee talk.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Post by dolomite »

“Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭105‬:‭1‬ ‭NIV‬‬
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Genesis 19:8
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:09 am Genesis 19:8
Genesis Jesus He Knows Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-rfCnW5VlE
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Here's a Bible passage I'd like to share with you...😍
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭18‬ ‭NIV‬‬
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if we’re all god’s children, why does “he” pick and choose whom he saves?

why does “he” care whether or not you believe so long as you’re a good person and live a good life?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Has He smited/smote anyone recently?
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Florida.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:55 pm if we’re all god’s children, why does “he” pick and choose whom he saves?

why does “he” care whether or not you believe so long as you’re a good person and live a good life?
God’s decision to save someone is based solely on the fact that it pleases him.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so then it doesn’t really matter what anyone does

gotcha, thanks for playing another game of “More Evidence…”
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Here's a Bible passage I'd like to share with you...
“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20‬:‭24‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:53 am gotcha, thanks for playing another game of “More Evidence…”
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.””
‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mary, exhausted, having finally found shelter for her son to sleep, of all places, in a manger; is approached by a boy who who thinks to himself,

“What this young woman needs…is a drum solo.”
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Here's a Bible verse I would like to share with you....

But because thou art lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.
Revelation 3:16

I never quite understood the context as a kid. It was an oft repeating sermon quote made by a Catholic priest in a small town in Missouri where I grew up. He seemed to be able to fit this verse into a lot of different sermons, on many different subjects. The Church had moved the prick around to multiple churches, he was a petty mean vindictive asshole who seemed to hate kids. Perfect emissary for the Catholic Church to my mind. Later it was admitted by the Church that he had been credibly accused of multiple counts of abusing children at his various posts and they had covered up for him to avoid criminal prosecution until after his death.

Hey god damnit, they said "sorry" after the statute of limitations passed, what the fuck more do you want? Why this quote had such a profound meaning for him that he repeated it so often was a source of mystery to me then and is still so.

As soon as someone quotes the Bible, I automatically wonder if they are covering or distracting attention from something they don't want us to hear. But I'm kinda cynical that way.

Anyway, I love this thread! Keep those verses coming!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:38 pm Here's a Bible verse I would like to share with you....

But because thou art lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.
Revelation 3:16

Why this quote had such a profound meaning for him that he repeated it so often was a source of mystery to me then and is still so.
Is it a spit...don't swallow kinda thing?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I assume (actually hope) randy must think he's transgender/transexual.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/ ... 2255647062
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Have we talked about young Mormons and soaking?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soaking_(sexual_practice)

Soaking, also known as marinating or floating, is a sexual practice of inserting the penis into the vagina but not subsequently thrusting, reportedly used by some members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).