Nikki Haley

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Nikki Haley

Post by zsn »

dolomite wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:39 pm The questioner made himself look stupid by asking a stupid question. Anyone with an 8th grade education should know about the civil war. Much adoo about nothing.
It’s an intelligence test. She failed. Apparently she’s not smarter than an 8th grader. A teacher knows the answer but asks the question to ascertain that the student does. Not much adoo [sic]. She sides with loosers
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cracks me up that people are trying to frame the question as a gotcha. This isn’t “tell me how 3,000 people died on 9/11” and expecting the answer to be “chemistry, and then physics.”
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:47 pm
dolomite wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:39 pm The questioner made himself look stupid by asking a stupid question. Anyone with an 8th grade education should know about the civil war. Much adoo about nothing.
I do not agree. There is an entire whitewashing (…) spin to this, called the Lost Cause myth. There is no way Haley is unfamiliar with it, and so leaning into it this way is absolutely noteworthy.
Agreed, although not for the reasons you believe.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If we apparently agree that Haley’s rhetoric on the Civil War is ridiculous, I’d be curious to hear your guys’s reaction to her supporting Netanyahu’s call for the “voluntary migration” of Palesti…nm
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:38 pm
I do not agree. There is an entire whitewashing (…) spin to this, called the Lost Cause myth. There is no way Haley is unfamiliar with it, and so leaning into it this way is absolutely noteworthy.
Go on.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that’s asking a lot from CoyDC
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:35 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:38 pm

Go on.
The biggest problem that "establishment" Republicans have is that the voters have figured out that the establishment hates them. They will vote for Trump or Vivek or Tucker or whomever over a Bush or a Cheney or a Romney specifically because they want to vote for someone who does not expressly and explicitly hate them.

Haley's answer showed two things: 1. She is fully aware of the Lost Cause Myth. 2. She believes that the majority of the Republican base believes it.

The base expects condescension on race and intellect from Biden and Warren and Sparky and twocoach, and they really don't care anymore. What they hate, however, and refuse to tolerate is that type of condescension from one of their own, a candidate actively trying to win their support.

By leaning into the Lost Cause mythology, Haley made it clear to Republican voters that she thinks they are stupid and racist and that she tolerates them only as the means to an end.

That's a bad look, to say the least.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Trump’s answer to the civil war questioner would’ve probably been: “who cares…and
what kind of person asks such a stupid question as that”?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

informed voters in 2024 are not going to cast a vote based on the answer to a civil war question.

we have our own problems right here. right now. in 2024.

it is a dumb question for a candidate 150 years later. go ask 10 people at the mall. 9.25 of them will have no answer for “what were they fighting about?”
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Folks
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it’s a question with no purpose.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Didn't affect me. Ask away.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm informed voters in 2024 are not going to cast a vote based on the answer to a civil war question.

it is a dumb question for a candidate 150 years later. go ask 10 people at the mall. 9.25 of them will have no answer for “what were they fighting about?”
I don’t know which is worse……that the people at Mich’s mall vote or that they reproduce.

Greatest. Country. Ever. Where 9.25/10 people are ignorant about history.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

even if they do know the answer. Who cares. has no bearing on the upcoming election. none.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm informed voters in 2024 are not going to cast a vote based on the answer to a civil war question.

I'm confident 95%+ of American voters don't know Haley was asked the question - and how she answered it.
I agree with you that most (if not all) of of those who are aware she was asked the question and how she answered it - don't give a damn.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm old enough to remember when racists tried to hide it.

Thanks for convincing your cult it's nothing to be ashamed of, Trump.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mich and Folks proving Idiocracy will be a documentary.

Greatest. Country. Ever. Folks don’t care about the history of slavery.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:52 pm Mich and Folks proving Idiocracy will be a documentary.

Greatest. Country. Ever. Folks don’t care about the history of slavery.
Mich wasn't a slave. What does he car
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Her answer to that question probably gained her votes in the GOP primary.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:56 pm

I'm confident 95%+ of American voters don't know Haley was asked the question - and how she answered it.
I agree with you that most (if not all) of of those who are aware she was asked the question and how she answered it - don't give a damn.
I am very confident that more than 5% of the people who bother to vote in a primary saw it.