Nikki Haley

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Nikki Haley

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:17 pm They heard the economy sucks and they can't afford food. On the radio of their $125,000 Silverado.
Amazing how much whinging we hear over gas prices from folks who drive those for discretionary reasons.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the folks don't like it. when the elite pokes fun at their hardships.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"stop your whinging and just take it in the @$$"

should be uncles slogan in 24.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Yes.

And he should definitely use the British spelling.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I just saw poll results showing that 85% of Iowa Rs want mass deportations of undocumented immigrants. That's a huge messaging failure by the Ds; how do Iowans think the backbone of Iowa's ag-and-manufacturing-and-adjacent-services economy, you know, functions?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:22 pm the folks don't like it. when the elite pokes fun at their hardships.
In Mich’s world driving a $125,000 Silverado is hardship.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:52 pm I just saw poll results showing that 85% of Iowa Rs want mass deportations of undocumented immigrants. That's a huge messaging failure by the Ds; how do Iowans think the backbone of Iowa's ag-and-manufacturing-and-adjacent-services economy, you know, functions?
“Iowans” and “think” shouldn’t occur in proximity unless the intervening word is “don’t”. Grievance Politics does not take logic or self-interests into account.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:21 pm You guys are cute.
I'm responding to this and to the non-sequitur on the Conspiracies thread.

You very much know that it can be (and is) true at the same time that (1) the economy is significantly better in the aggregate than R-leaning media tells it, and also (2) the economy, as locally (in a lot of senses) felt can be significantly worse than aggregate statistics tell it.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:01 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:22 pm the folks don't like it. when the elite pokes fun at their hardships.
In zsn's world the most expensive pickups AREN'T the electric versions created to comply with the whole of government approach to climate change.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:07 pm

You very much know that it can be (and is) true at the same time that (1) the economy is significantly better in the aggregate than R-leaning media tells it, and also (2) the economy, as locally (in a lot of senses) felt can be significantly worse than aggregate statistics tell it.
the aggregate than R-leaning media
Please define.

TIA
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:07 pm

the aggregate than R-leaning media
Please define.

TIA
No thanks. I'm glad to engage if you disagree in substance that the economy is significantly better, in the aggregate, than R-leaning media will tell it (and, as always, I acknowledge that global warming doesn't mean temperatures are going up uniformly everywhere), but I decline to play guessing games in the heads-I-win-tails-you-lose mold.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it is an off day for sure. when you pass on an opportunity to bloviate and gasbag and mouthbarf.

i'm sort of disappointed. i was looking forward to it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:08 pm
In zsn's world the most expensive pickups AREN'T the electric versions created to comply with the whole of government approach to climate change.
Another non sequitur. When you’re driving an expensive vehicle, pickup truck or not, you shouldn’t be complaining about the price of gasoline. If cost of fueling your vehicle is important then buy something that is not inherently expensive. As my late, very wise, grandmother used to say…..you shouldn’t be complaining about people around you passing gas when you’re sitting there eating a pot full of feces.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm

Another non sequitur. When you’re driving an expensive vehicle, pickup truck or not, you shouldn’t be complaining about the price of gasoline. If cost of fueling your vehicle is important then buy something that is not inherently expensive. As my late, very wise, grandmother used to say…..you shouldn’t be complaining about people around you passing gas when you’re sitting there eating a pot full of feces.
Your grandma was weird
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm

LOL

I love it when you get to determine what kind of vehicles people do or do not need and what they can and cannot complain about.

Cuz you're NOT an authoritarian.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sam Stein
@samstein

When the questioner said it was “astonishing” to hear her respond “without mentioning the word slavery,” Haley replied: “What do you want me to say about slavery?” She then asked for the next question.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I can't help but wonder how the kids that Ajit Singh Randhawa taught at Voorhees feel about that.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:35 am I can't help but wonder how the kids that Ajit Singh Randhawa taught at Voorhees feel about that.
Excellent question, Gutter.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Profiles in courage!

Q: What was the cause of the United States Civil War?

Haley: Well, don't come with an easy question or anything. I mean, I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run. The freedoms and what people could and couldn't do. What do you think the cause of the Civil War was?

Q: I'm not running for president. I wanted to hear your view on the cause of the Civil War.

Haley: I mean, I think it always comes down to the role of government. We need to have capitalism, we need to have economic freedom, we need to make sure that we do all things so that individuals have the liberties, so that they can have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to do or be anything they want to be without government getting in the way.

Q: Thank you. In the year 2023, it's astonishing to me that you'd answer that question without mentioning the word "slavery."

Haley: What do you want me to say about slavery?

Q: You've answered my question. Thank you.

Haley: Next question.
Anand Giridharadas