Weary o Winning

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Weary o Winning

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 am
dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 pm Yep open borders means only one thing.
Psych was intellectually honest enough to provide the context.

Now you need to be able to able to comprehend that context, which was entirely economic.
If she didn’t mean “open borders” she would have said “free trade” or “unrestricted markets”. She is talking about a borderless EU-type of setup. She knew it, her listeners knew it, I know it. Come join the party.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:15 am
dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 pm Yep open borders means only one thing.

Now you need to be able to able to comprehend that context, which was entirely economic.
If she didn’t mean “open borders” she would have said “free trade” or “unrestricted markets”. She is talking about a borderless EU-type of setup. She knew it, her listeners knew it, I know it. Come join the party.
EU-type setup doesn't allow people to change citizenship willy nilly, just to travel. That's what you're so worked up about?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Regardless, she's clearly not talking about people in the context of those comments.

You ever read stuff from Tversky and Kahneman? I highly recommend their work.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am

EU-type setup doesn't allow people to change citizenship willy nilly, just to travel. That's what you're so worked up about?
You can’t let people into this country unrestricted, even for travel. They’ll just disappear into the crowds. Coming into the U.S. is fundamentally different than entering Belgium.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:57 am

You can’t let people into this country unrestricted, even for travel. They’ll just disappear into the crowds. Coming into the U.S. is fundamentally different than entering Belgium.
To sum up, the grand total of all your "evidence" is a one line comment as a paid conference on economics. As I stated before, pretty sure tgat we could put together a horrfying list of one liners of our current President that do not accurately represent the platform agendas that he wants to implement. Hell, he makes public statements that are in direct opposition to what he later wants.

Basing your entire case on one comment that requires a dubious translation and leap of logic is a bit of a reach. But hey, it's all you needed to roll with it as the basis of your stance so...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

How nice of you to inform us of what "she would have said". Tell Hillary we all say "hi" since you're asking her what words she would have used.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:32 am

To sum up, the grand total of all your "evidence" is a one line comment as a paid conference on economics. As I stated before, pretty sure tgat we could put together a horrfying list of one liners of our current President that do not accurately represent the platform agendas that he wants to implement. Hell, he makes public statements that are in direct opposition to what he later wants.

Basing your entire case on one comment that requires a dubious translation and leap of logic is a bit of a reach. But hey, it's all you needed to roll with it as the basis of your stance so...
I get what you're saying. Here's my take:

Dowdy is usually very measured and calculating in her public speech. She says nothing that is not scripted. The speech was a private engagement where (I assume) she was expecting that only those in attendance would hear what she was saying. I think it is one of the rare times you see behind the curtain and her real agenda is actually verbalized.

I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am

Dowdy is usually very measured and calculating in her public speech. She says nothing that is not scripted. The speech was a private engagement where (I assume) she was expecting that only those in attendance would hear what she was saying. I think it is one of the rare times you see behind the curtain and her real agenda is actually verbalized.

I count 4-5 dubious assumptions there. Hillary Clinton is many things but she is certainly not inexperienced enough os stupid enough to ever assume that the contents of a speech in front of a group of people is going to stay in that group of people.

She had a private email server built for chrissakes. She is keenly aware that any even innocuous word spoken or written can and will be used against you if your opponent feels they can bend it.

If this was some inexperienved politician, I might be more inclined to think that was a possible explanation but it's the polar opposite of that.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 am
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am

I count 4-5 dubious assumptions there. Hillary Clinton is many things but she is certainly not inexperienced enough os stupid enough to ever assume that the contents of a speech in front of a group of people is going to stay in that group of people.

She had a private email server built for chrissakes. She is keenly aware that any even innocuous word spoken or written can and will be used against you if your opponent feels they can bend it.

If this was some inexperienved politician, I might be more inclined to think that was a possible explanation but it's the polar opposite of that.
So, she just brazenly admitted that she is for open borders? ;)

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Coming into the U.S. is fundamentally different than entering Belgium.
Why?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Good start
^^^

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/ ... 1584962560
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump Unable to Stop Caravan of Democratic Women Invading Washington:

Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Two coach, we're told that Hillary "brazenly admitted she was for open borders," when it's a quote that H/D can't even link to because it's only something that's referenced in some article that Clinton "reportedly" said.

Yet, H/D goes on to confabulate all kinds of things that Clinton might possibly have thought, stated, believed based on something that she "reportedly" said. Which he is absolutely certain she meant because as a woman, she would never lie.

Oh wait, women always lie...don't they?
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:02 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Good start
^^^

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/ ... 1584962560
Unpossible!