Modern feminism thread

Ugh.
chiknbut

Re: The feminism thread

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:34 pm
lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm sincerely sorry to hear this. And it explains a lot.
That's what you took out of my post? My God, how pathetic.
When you start responding to my many other posts with logic, then I'll start treating you the same. Until then, you have your work cut out. With the exception of one person (Tradition), no one on here has even attempted to make any kind of logical response. It's all just petty insults and accusations that I'm "republican".
I just responded logically to your original post, asking if you could acknowledge the preposterous nature of the question raised in the first second of the video. A direct question. If you don't want to answer it, fine. But to make a snarky response about "feminism" and then complain about petty insults from others is a little odd.

How about you just address my direct question?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

seahawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:15 am A guy who is furious that from now on he’ll be taken less seriously than his wife because whatever piddling thing he does doesn’t compare to being a doctor?

That’s either such a joke or just sad.
This is what passes as intellectual discussion amongst Conservatives nowadays. Just wait until Lobster digs himself up some great video from Charlie Kirk, Mike Cernovich or Candace Owens. Katie Bar the Door!
dolomite
Contributor

Re: 3rd wave feminism thread

Post by dolomite »

chiknbut wrote: ↑Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am
I am surrounded by feminists...

That must be miserable. Are there any Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna or Seahawk types there? Do they wear those vagina stocking caps? btw what is the significance of those caps?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

dolomite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 pm Do they wear those vagina stocking caps? btw what is the significance of those caps?
Signaling to men they have no interest in dating.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:58 pm
dolomite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 pm Do they wear those vagina stocking caps? btw what is the significance of those caps?
Signaling to men they have should no interest in dating them.
FYP
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Speaking of intellectual discussion.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:34 pm

That's what you took out of my post? My God, how pathetic.
When you start responding to my many other posts with logic, then I'll start treating you the same. Until then, you have your work cut out. With the exception of one person (Tradition), no one on here has even attempted to make any kind of logical response. It's all just petty insults and accusations that I'm "republican".
I just responded logically to your original post, asking if you could acknowledge the preposterous nature of the question raised in the first second of the video. A direct question. If you don't want to answer it, fine. But to make a snarky response about "feminism" and then complain about petty insults from others is a little odd.

Alright, I give in.

I would argue to look at the actions and not the words. Feminist women (and men) might not say that out loud, but it is often the end result. They do often try to shame women who want to have families. I actually don't have any issue if a woman wants to have a career instead of having a family, just so long as she is aware that she cannot have it all. I do have a problem with the radical left trying to tell women "you can have it all" and "have kids later on when you're 37". We know that it's much better for women to have children in their 20's and then have a career later. Dropping your kids in daycare is not an acceptable way to work and have a family.

Also, I'm not against the original feminist movement, just to be clear. But we have achieved equal rights and then some.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 pm
imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:58 pm
Signaling to men they have should no interest in dating them.
FYP
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm
seahawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:15 am A guy who is furious that from now on he’ll be taken less seriously than his wife because whatever piddling thing he does doesn’t compare to being a doctor?

This is what passes as intellectual discussion amongst Conservatives nowadays. Just wait until Lobster digs himself up some great video from Charlie Kirk, Mike Cernovich or Candace Owens. Katie Bar the Door!
I actually don't like Mike Cernovich, just so you know. I do like some of Owen's ideas.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:03 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Alright, I give in.

I would argue to look at the actions and not the words. Feminist women (and men) might not say that out loud, but it is often the end result. They do often try to shame women who want to have families. I actually don't have any issue if a woman wants to have a career instead of having a family, just so long as she is aware that she cannot have it all. I do have a problem with the radical left trying to tell women "you can have it all" and "have kids later on when you're 37". We know that it's much better for women to have children in their 20's and then have a career later. Dropping your kids in daycare is not an acceptable way to work and have a family.

Also, I'm not against the original feminist movement, just to be clear. But we have achieved equal rights and then some.
Can you cite a specific example where a feminist woman or man has shamed a woman into not having a family? I can't. And I believe you can't either. You speak of feminists as if they are some type of bogeyman. You're convinced this person exists, you just don't have proof. It's like how some Conservatives believe they have a handle on the Liberal mind, yet don't really have any Liberal friends. They just "know how they think."

Can you please also cite a specific article or study that says it's better for women to have children in their 20s as opposed to later? My wife and I adopted two girls when I was 40 and she was 38. We have our problems just like any other family, but I think we're a pretty specific example that refutes your original post. But please, back up your claim with some type of study.

As for dropping kids at daycare and how that's not acceptable - who are you to decide what is acceptable and what isn't for a specific family? Do you have any examples to back up your claim? Please add them if/when you find them.

And finally, how can you possibly say that women have achieved equal rights when you see, almost daily on this board and from this President, how women are treated as second-class citizens?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

"Can you please also cite a specific article or study that says it's better for women to have children in their 20s as opposed to later?"

For starters, statistics show that your odds of having a child with Down Syndrome triple between ages 30 and 35 and quadruple between 35 and 40. That's pretty common knowledge.

"As for dropping kids at daycare and how that's not acceptable - who are you to decide what is acceptable and what isn't for a specific family? Do you have any examples to back up your claim? Please add them if/when you find them."

Check out just about anything written on attachment in the last ten years - specifically Bessel Van Der Kolk and/or Gabor Mate' and you will see that their research suggests a solid link between the increase in children in day care and the increase in ADHD, ODD, Bipolar Disorder, and drug abuse diagnoses. There is no substitute for having a mother at home who is dedicated to your well-being.

"And finally, how can you possibly say that women have achieved equal rights when you see, almost daily on this board and from this President, how women are treated as second-class citizens?"

Equal civil rights and equal outcomes are two very different things. If you want to bring about the latter, you must infringe on the freedom of everyone else. As Thomas Hobbes observed many years ago, the only way to achieve complete safety is to surrender your freedom completely. Women have equal opportunity, but what they have found is what men have known all along - opportunity is not guaranteed success, and it carries with it a great deal of stress and strain and disappointment.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

dolomite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 pm chiknbut wrote: ↑Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am
I am surrounded by feminists...

That must be miserable. Are there any Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna or Seahawk types there? Do they wear those vagina stocking caps? btw what is the significance of those caps?
You know, even when you get to be an old woman, you still can easily tell the difference between sexually secure and insecure men.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 104

Thank you HouseDivided, you saved me a lot of time. I think you pretty much nailed it and I owe you a beer.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Well Said HD
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:24 pm "Can you please also cite a specific article or study that says it's better for women to have children in their 20s as opposed to later?"

For starters, statistics show that your odds of having a child with Down Syndrome triple between ages 30 and 35 and quadruple between 35 and 40. That's pretty common knowledge.

"As for dropping kids at daycare and how that's not acceptable - who are you to decide what is acceptable and what isn't for a specific family? Do you have any examples to back up your claim? Please add them if/when you find them."

Check out just about anything written on attachment in the last ten years - specifically Bessel Van Der Kolk and/or Gabor Mate' and you will see that their research suggests a solid link between the increase in children in day care and the increase in ADHD, ODD, Bipolar Disorder, and drug abuse diagnoses. There is no substitute for having a mother at home who is dedicated to your well-being.

"And finally, how can you possibly say that women have achieved equal rights when you see, almost daily on this board and from this President, how women are treated as second-class citizens?"

Equal civil rights and equal outcomes are two very different things. If you want to bring about the latter, you must infringe on the freedom of everyone else. As Thomas Hobbes observed many years ago, the only way to achieve complete safety is to surrender your freedom completely. Women have equal opportunity, but what they have found is what men have known all along - opportunity is not guaranteed success, and it carries with it a great deal of stress and strain and disappointment.
I wish Shirley was around to challenge the first two parts of your response, because while I know about the risks of Down Syndrome is increased in older women, I would imagine it has dramatically decreased in the last 20-30 years.

I will look at the points about detachment you cited. Thank you for referencing them.

Regarding your final point, it's funny that it comes from you instead of Lobster. A person who calls all women "whores" isn't exactly the person who should be pointing out equality of the sexes.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

I don't think any men are preventing women from calling them d!cks
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:39 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:24 pm "Can you please also cite a specific article or study that says it's better for women to have children in their 20s as opposed to later?"

I wish Shirley was around to challenge the first two parts of your response, because while I know about the risks of Down Syndrome is increased in older women, I would imagine it has dramatically decreased in the last 20-30 years.

I will look at the points about detachment you cited. Thank you for referencing them.

Regarding your final point, it's funny that it comes from you instead of Lobster. A person who calls all women "whores" isn't exactly the person who should be pointing out equality of the sexes.
I can't imagine that modern medicine has increased the rate at which telomeres regenerate or decreased the degree to which they unravel as we age. If they ever do, we will all live much longer and healthier lives.

I never said all women are whores; I said Stormy Daniels was a whore. I also said that the vast majority of women have no moral qualms with lying and manipulating others in order to get what they want. There are absolutely exceptions, but there are all too few.

I also didn't say the sexes were equal; most people can't distinguish between equality and being identical, so I rarely ever bother to go there. I said they have equal civil rights and opportunities and that many women are unhappy with the outcomes.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Ohh good get psych going on hating women again that's always so enjoyable
Deleted User 104

Criticism is not the same as "hating".
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm

What passes for intellectual discussion amongst liberals these days?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto