Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: 3rd wave feminism thread

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:04 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 pm
imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:58 pm
Signaling to men they have should no interest in dating them.
FYP
That guy was awesome on that show with David Spade.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:48 pm Criticism is not the same as "hating".

A majority of women have no moral qualms is not a statement of criticism especially coming from someone that picks their words as closely as Psych does. It's blanket hate with a caveate so he can cry victim in the end.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

RussianHawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:56 pm

A majority of women have no moral qualms is not a statement of criticism especially coming from someone that picks their words as closely as Psych does. It's blanket hate with a caveate so he can cry victim in the end.
So all women are perfect and above criticism, then?

Also, what is a “caveate”?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Ohh here comes the victim card with a side of grammar/spelling who could have ever imagined this!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

RussianHawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Ohh here comes the victim card with a side of grammar/spelling who could have ever imagined this!
Not sure how you got victimhood from that. It was an honest question.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

No it was not an honest question. It is you backing away from your condemnation of "most" women for not having morals.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

RussianHawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:38 pm No it was not an honest question. It is you backing away from your condemnation of "most" women for not having morals.
Decidedly not. Your mind reading needs some work. Your spelling, too.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Perhaps your arguments as well? 3rd board, same arguments, are we going to get the same result?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

What passes for intellectual discussion among Trumpaloes these days?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

RussianHawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 pm Perhaps your arguments as well? 3rd board, same arguments, are we going to get the same result?
My opinions haven’t changed, and they sure aren’t going to do so in response to a half-witted attempt at intimidation.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:10 pm What passes for intellectual discussion among Trumpaloes these days?
Depends on the Trumpaloes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

Re: The feminism thread

Post by Deleted User 104 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:14 pm As for dropping kids at daycare and how that's not acceptable - who are you to decide what is acceptable and what isn't for a specific family? Do you have any examples to back up your claim? Please add them if/when you find them.
HD already responded to most everything, but I did want to focus on this one area you asked me about. You're right, I am not in a position to tell anyone else what to do. I don't believe I made such a claim on here, as I'm just making my arguments and try to back them up with logical reasoning.

In regards to daycare, I think it's essential to avoid it if you can. Obviously, single parents need some help and some kind of daycare service is going to become necessary (this is one of the reasons why it's so important to try to marry a good partner, but I'm digressing). I think anytime you put your little one in arms of a stranger, all kinds of problems can happen. The child could bond with the workers, germs spread like wild fire in those places, abuse sometimes happens to the children, etc. I personally believe that daycare should be a last resort. I know a few people out here in Los Angeles where both parents work when the wife could easily survive off her husband's salary. I bite my tongue, but I feel sad for their children. If you want kids, then don't dump them in daycare. Have one of the parents stay home or work from home part time until the child is old enough for school.

BTW, I applaud you for adopting two children. That's really unselfish and I admire that a lot.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

One might note that It's kind of the ultimate white male privilege to constantly say what women should be focused on. Women have no choices, only white males can choose for them.

But, this isn't even worth that--it's just silly.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

“dawn of man”

“mankind”

nope, nothing to see here
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 am
chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:14 pm As for dropping kids at daycare and how that's not acceptable - who are you to decide what is acceptable and what isn't for a specific family? Do you have any examples to back up your claim? Please add them if/when you find them.

...In regards to daycare, I think it's essential to avoid it if you can. Obviously, single parents need some help and some kind of daycare service is going to become necessary (this is one of the reasons why it's so important to try to marry a good partner, but I'm digressing)... If you want kids, then don't dump them in daycare. Have one of the parents stay home or work from home part time until the child is old enough for school.
So, unless you're among "the highest-paid tier of workers", you shouldn't have kids.

Good to know.

For most U.S. workers, real wages have barely budged in decades

In fact, despite some ups and downs over the past several decades, today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago. And what wage gains there have been have mostly flowed to the highest-paid tier of workers... real wage growth peaked in 2015. Since then, it’s been trending down, except for a brief pop in 2017. And it’s been about zero in recent months.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:23 pm 3rd wave feminism is ridiculous and silly. Originally feminism was very important for equal rights.
Lobster, I’m trying to figure out from this thread what you point(s) is. How are you defining 3rd wave feminism?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 am
lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:23 pm 3rd wave feminism is ridiculous and silly. Originally feminism was very important for equal rights.
Lobster, I’m trying to figure out from this thread what you point(s) is. How are you defining 3rd wave feminism?
I'm not trying to speak for Lobster, but this is how I understand it:
First Wave - voting rights for women, employment rights - women deserve equal opportunity
Second Wave - Title IX era - women deserve equal outcomes
Third Wave - men must be punished for past injustices; women must be guaranteed not just equal opportunity, but guaranteed more-than-equal outcomes
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Crazy ladies wearing pu$$y hats
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 am
HD already responded to most everything, but I did want to focus on this one area you asked me about. You're right, I am not in a position to tell anyone else what to do. I don't believe I made such a claim on here, as I'm just making my arguments and try to back them up with logical reasoning.

In regards to daycare, I think it's essential to avoid it if you can. Obviously, single parents need some help and some kind of daycare service is going to become necessary (this is one of the reasons why it's so important to try to marry a good partner, but I'm digressing). I think anytime you put your little one in arms of a stranger, all kinds of problems can happen. The child could bond with the workers, germs spread like wild fire in those places, abuse sometimes happens to the children, etc. I personally believe that daycare should be a last resort. I know a few people out here in Los Angeles where both parents work when the wife could easily survive off her husband's salary. I bite my tongue, but I feel sad for their children. If you want kids, then don't dump them in daycare. Have one of the parents stay home or work from home part time until the child is old enough for school.

BTW, I applaud you for adopting two children. That's really unselfish and I admire that a lot.
I disagree with the details on almost all of this, but to narrow it down to one thing - why do you say the woman should stay home? Why not the man?