Shut it down.

Ugh.
chiknbut

Re: Shut it down.

Post by chiknbut »

imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:25 pm Project much? This is silly. I'm not the one getting banned and my account messed with solely due to my political beliefs.
You're the one calling for Feral to be banned.

You can deny it all you want, but everyone knows it.

For shame.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:09 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am
imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 am

Yeesh, The left and their projection....
Then there's Count, trying to censor other people's opinions while crying about being attacked.
This is silly. I don't want images gunking up the boards.
^^^

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:30 pm I love opinions contrary to mine.

But there are few opinions here.

Mostly ill-informed rants/memes/and other assorted miscellania intended to reassure one's place in the self-created moral and social order.

It's our political ethos in microcosm.
Part of what has squelched it is that you have two factions: the majority, which is left-leaning and considers itself a veritable Algonquin Roundtable of philosophs, but, when left to its own devices, is merely a mutual admiration society gathering to bemoan the rise of the mouth-breather; and the minority, who tries to introduce another perspective but is shouted down from all sides.

It gets to the point where you wonder why to even bother making an argument when you get some of the old standards in response just about every time:

Geezer: "Wrong as usual."

Sea: Whatever outraged and unhinged version of the Crazy Cat Lady is in control of her psyche at the moment

TwoCoach: At least makes an argument but always bookends it in insults

DC: A verbal eye-roll and sigh of condescension while taking a position squarely in the middle so as not to elicit a response.

Chiknbut: A sophomoric dig followed by some form of "Hey, I was just kidding. Why so serious?"

There are some people who fall somewhere in between the cracks, and I am sure I left some others out, but you can't blame it all on the "rodeo clowns". You all play a part as well.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Yes, Republican in the White House, control Congress and the Supreme Court. Tell us another story about how you are the poor, trampled upon minority?

Just more of the same old shit. We won, we make the decisions around here. Then when called on some bullshit, cower in the corner and complain about being shouted down and oppressed. Or better yet, flail wildly and state "well, you started it! I'm just giving it back!"

If you're frustrated with everyone's responses, stop making the same old tired arguments that we all know you only partially believe. Everyone knows you're just here to stir the pot. That's fine. But the victim game with you and Count is boring as all fuck.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 pm Yes, Republican in the White House, control Congress and the Supreme Court. Tell us another story about how you are the poor, trampled upon minority?

Just more of the same old shit. We won, we make the decisions around here. Then when called on some bullshit, cower in the corner and complain about being shouted down and oppressed. Or better yet, flail wildly and state "well, you started it! I'm just giving it back!"

If you're frustrated with everyone's responses, stop making the same old tired arguments that we all know you only partially believe. Everyone knows you're just here to stir the pot. That's fine. But the victim game with you and Count is boring as all fuck.
You misunderstand. There is no victimhood or whining in my statement. I'm simply pointing out that the dynamic on the Politics Board in all of its historical and locational iterations is a two-way street. You all are not 100% right 100% of the time, but you act as if you are, and you respond in a predictable way every time someone suggests otherwise.

It's not just my responses; it is yours as well.

That was all I was trying to point out.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 pm Yes, Republican in the White House, control Congress and the Supreme Court. Tell us another story about how you are the poor, trampled upon minority?

Wait, we can't all be victims around here. Actually to a certain extent both victims and victimizers are carrying the same narrative.
Anyway, at this point, what difference does it make?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 pm That didn't take long.

Shut the politics bored down. Unfuckingreadable.
What did I miss?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Best i can tell. Rank bull. Rider got bucked. Clown jumped in the ring to redirect the bull and protect the cowboy and somehow the poor rodeo clown is getting blamed.
Just Ledoux it
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Clown? We talking Hillary?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Keep in mind I'm on neither side. I think both sides suck.

But....arent you the one that clainms that only the left attacks, insults and name calls?

Hillary and Donald both are awful. The election was 2 years ago. Lets stop reliving it.
Just Ledoux it
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

I didn't bring up the Clown, and Trump is still your president, so he's very much relevant.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Mostly ill-informed rants/memes/and other assorted miscellania intended to reassure one's place in the self-created moral and social order.

Part of what has squelched it is that you have two factions: the majority, which is left-leaning and considers itself a veritable Algonquin Roundtable of philosophs, but, when left to its own devices, is merely a mutual admiration society gathering to bemoan the rise of the mouth-breather; and the minority, who tries to introduce another perspective but is shouted down from all sides.

It gets to the point where you wonder why to even bother making an argument when you get some of the old standards in response just about every time:

Geezer: "Wrong as usual."

Sea: Whatever outraged and unhinged version of the Crazy Cat Lady is in control of her psyche at the moment

TwoCoach: At least makes an argument but always bookends it in insults

DC: A verbal eye-roll and sigh of condescension while taking a position squarely in the middle so as not to elicit a response.

Chiknbut: A sophomoric dig followed by some form of "Hey, I was just kidding. Why so serious?"

There are some people who fall somewhere in between the cracks, and I am sure I left some others out, but you can't blame it all on the "rodeo clowns". You all play a part as well.
You forgot about "JFC" from jeep.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

I think Jeep just posts JFC to pad his post count.

JFC!
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm I think both sides suck.

Hillary and Donald both are awful.
#BOOM
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 pm I didn't bring up the Clown, and Trump is still your president, so he's very much relevant.
Accountability is just not a part of your DNA, is it Mr. Censor?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 pm
imzcount wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 pm I didn't bring up the Clown, and Trump is still your president, so he's very much relevant.
Accountability is just not a part of your DNA, is it Mr. Censor?
Russian bots have no accountability.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

What do you expect when no one is really open to changing their mind on something?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:58 pm

What do you expect when no one is really open to changing their mind on something?
Negative hyperbole gives away your age. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

bump
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:11 pmbump
Here’s a thought: If you don’t enjoy it, don’t read it.