Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Shut it down.

Post by Shirley »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Feral wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Maybe you should be more concerned with the general consensus about your posts as a whole than with getting in another shot at IMZ.
That's rich coming from an emotionally stunted person like you, Psych.
I'm not the one spamming threads with GIFs and memes.

I am, however, the one who took the criticism about being a troll to heart several weeks ago and amended his behavior in response. Emotionally stunted or not, that puts me ahead of you at this point.
Well, look at you...such a big boy! In light of the number of times we've suffered through your fits of earnest remorse over your behaviour at .com and .net in the past, only to see you revert to being your hateful self again, can I withhold judgement for now, 'cause the jury's still out.

And, it's not my fault you don't know how to post a "meme".

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Tonight is my 1st time looking at Poli-Bored. What a cluster fuck this part of the board has already become! Both sides of the political spectrum acting like puerile assholes, just like the politicians in the cesspool on the Potomac are doing. I have my opinions but I think I'll keep them to myself and stick to KU football, basketball and running Guess The Score. This sucks....
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I thought the only thing that was unacceptable to Trumpers was to mention that dangerous phrase "PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS."
Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:01 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Feral wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 pm

That's rich coming from an emotionally stunted person like you, Psych.
I'm not the one spamming threads with GIFs and memes.

I am, however, the one who took the criticism about being a troll to heart several weeks ago and amended his behavior in response. Emotionally stunted or not, that puts me ahead of you at this point.
Well, look at you...such a big boy! In light of the number of times we've suffered through your fits of earnest remorse over your behaviour at .com and .net in the past, only to see you revert to being your hateful self again, can I withhold judgement for now, 'cause the jury's still out.

And, it's not my fault you don't know how to post a "meme".

Time will tell. I dare you to do better, too.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawk73 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:13 pm Tonight is my 1st time looking at Poli-Bored. What a cluster fuck this part of the board has already become! Both sides of the political spectrum acting like puerile assholes, just like the politicians in the cesspool on the Potomac are doing. I have my opinions but I think I'll keep them to myself and stick to KU football, basketball and running Guess The Score. This sucks....
Don't worry, within two or three generations almost no one will remember you were a delegate for the guy who is likely to be the worst president in the nation's history, Trump.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

I'm disgusted with the whole lot of them. Donkeys and elephants both. Throw all the bums out
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jhawk73 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 am I'm disgusted with the whole lot of them. Donkeys and elephants both. Throw all the bums out
Well said!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawk73 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 am I'm disgusted with the whole lot of them. Donkeys and elephants both. Throw all the bums out
^^^

Strong vote, '73:

Anand Giridharadas
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Feral wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:23 pm
jhawk73 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:13 pm Tonight is my 1st time looking at Poli-Bored. What a cluster fuck this part of the board has already become! Both sides of the political spectrum acting like puerile assholes, just like the politicians in the cesspool on the Potomac are doing. I have my opinions but I think I'll keep them to myself and stick to KU football, basketball and running Guess The Score. This sucks....
Don't worry, within two or three generations almost no one will remember you were a delegate for the guy who is likely to be the worst president in the nation's history, Trump.
And I wasn't a "delegate", I was a member of the electoral college for the state of Iowa. I faithfully represented the wishes of the voters of my state, who voted 800k to 650k for Trump. It wasn't even close. As for being remembered, there are papers with my name and signature on them in the National Archives so, right or wrong, it will be there for as long as anyone cares to look. Google "certificate of vote Iowa 2016" and download the pdf if you care to see it.

That doesn't mean I like him BTW. But I'm not going to stoop to name calling, either of him or of his erstwhile opponent Ms Clinton. Name calling and character assassination are a big part of what's wrong with the political discussion these days, both nationally and on this board.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't the electors get nominated by each Party's central committee in Iowa?

Wouldn't you have known that you were to support Trump when you agreed to be an elector?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

He was carrying out his civic duty..not imposing his political beliefs or preferences.

Why should it matter who he thought his state was going to pick when deciding if he was going to be a member of the electoral college?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

jhawk73 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:23 am
And I wasn't a "delegate", I was a member of the electoral college for the state of Iowa. I faithfully represented the wishes of the voters of my state, who voted 800k to 650k for Trump. It wasn't even close. As for being remembered, there are papers with my name and signature on them in the National Archives so, right or wrong, it will be there for as long as anyone cares to look. Google "certificate of vote Iowa 2016" and download the pdf if you care to see it.

That doesn't mean I like him BTW. But I'm not going to stoop to name calling, either of him or of his erstwhile opponent Ms Clinton. Name calling and character assassination are a big part of what's wrong with the political discussion these days, both nationally and on this board.
God forbid, you actually have a nuanced position on things. It's actually possible to like some of Trump's work without actually liking Trump personally.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:34 pm It's actually possible to like some of Trump's work without actually liking Trump personally.
That's crazy talk!
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:34 pm
jhawk73 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:23 am

God forbid, you actually have a nuanced position on things. It's actually possible to like some of Trump's work without actually liking Trump personally.
...and the trains are running on time.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

pdub threatening to ban me because I am reciprocating Feral's posting style.

Amazing.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

imzcount wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:30 pm pdub threatening to ban me because I am reciprocating Feral's posting style.

Amazing.
So stop.

Simple.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gotta agree with psych here.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

imzcount wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:30 pm pdub threatening to ban me because I am reciprocating Feral's posting style.

Amazing.
You actually are outpacing Feral.
By a decent number
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hey Imz, False. Flag.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:51 am He was carrying out his civic duty..not imposing his political beliefs or preferences.

Why should it matter who he thought his state was going to pick when deciding if he was going to be a member of the electoral college?
Civic duty is like being on the Planning Commission or the Library Board. Being appointed by the Inner Circle Head Enchiladas of a state political party to support one particular candidate is ultra political.
Don't inject Lysol.