The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by seahawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:41 pm Ah...you are upset that folks are getting things that they don't have a right to.

Do you shake your fist in rage that we are considering paying farmers billions to not farm?

Or do you get angry that we shower subsidies on companies that turn billions in profit?
Does he shake a fist in rage at the people who overstay their visas? Because that's the big problem with immigration now, not the folks walking across the Southern border.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:57 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:48 pm I really wish some of us looked into the amazing advancements have been made in medicine in the past 5 years.

A LOT of those advancements were made possible by the thankless hard work of folks that many of you would put on a hay wagon back to wherever.

I have news for you....they wouldn't happen relying solely on the woefully uneducated young Americans
That seems ridiculously irrelevant.

Of course immigrants from other countries are to thank, as well as citizens born here, as well as citizens of countries around the world.
You have no idea how the numbers work out.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

7000 BFD, try Jordan's and Turkey's numbers.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

for our resident idiots:

https://www.wired.com/story/mexico-migr ... ion-alert/

2,000 mile walk...i can only imagine the hardships one would have to be facing to volunteer for such a thing, many with children in tow

as negative and pessimistic as i am about the US, it says a lot that there are still those that see hope here and are willing to risk their lives, and their children’s lives, for the CHANCE at asylum
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:19 am for our resident idiots:

2,000 mile walk...i can only imagine the hardships one would have to be facing to volunteer for such a thing, many with children in tow

as negative and pessimistic as i am about the US, it says a lot that there are still those that see hope here and are willing to risk their lives, and their children’s lives, for the CHANCE at asylum
Isn’t it an amazing coincidence that all of those people rallied themselves, provided food and shelter and directions for themselves, and all just in time to coincide with our mid-term elections. It has nothing to do with asylum.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 89

there is another caravan getting ready, but they won’t be here by the midterms so it must be fake news
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Tradition, sometimes those who get off on ethnic identity ask me if my maiden name is German and I always say, "Yeah, in 1734 it was." I'm always disgusted with those, like some here, who like to be able to venerate General Lee for being a slaver and racist, because their family didn't come to the U.S. until after that War when things were better and they could live off the labor and struggles of those who'd immigrated long before them. They like to brag that their families "came here legally," whatever that means.

Back in 1734, my ancestors crossed the Atlantic in a tiny vessel, on a voyage that took more than 6 weeks. Luckily, the 3 of them survived, unlike 1/5 of the male heads of household who perished during the voyage. Must have been difficult for the wives and children in a new land where they didn't speak the language and had no father to work for them. Makes one realize that many of our immigrant forefathers/mothers were more like those who trek across the Mexican desert than those who are so proud that their families came later, to suck up resources from those who had worked far harder to establish the prosperity of the nation.

Kind of like our current leader and some of those of on this forum who delight in his racism.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:38 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:19 am for our resident idiots:

Isn’t it an amazing coincidence that all of those people rallied themselves, provided food and shelter and directions for themselves, and all just in time to coincide with our mid-term elections. It has nothing to do with asylum.
That caravan is not unusual, and it does more harm for Dems in the election than it does the GOP.

Captain Orange will whip his believers into a frenzy.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Could be they waited for "cooler" weather.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 am Could be they waited for "cooler" weather.
Could be they were gathering numbers for safety. This trip is one of the most dangerous in the world.
Deleted User 89

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:46 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 am Could be they waited for "cooler" weather.
Could be they were gathering numbers for safety. This trip is one of the most dangerous in the world.
c'mon guys, just put your tinfoil hat on and you'll see the truth

it's almost as if alex jones himself is posting
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Hurricane Willa may make the whole border showdown a moot point. I'm going to keep my tinfoil hat firmly in place, though, just in case. You know, because of the psychic vampires and the lizard people in the center of the Earth.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

It's 10:12 a.m. and I've already had two JFC moments to a Lobster post.

I'm getting more coffee.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Alright Chickn, go to try to live in Mexico illegally. Do you know what they can do to you? It's much harsher than what could ever happen to you here. But let's just continue to criticize the one country that actually does more for illegals than everyone else. I am part Mexican, btw, so I cannot be accused of being "racist".

I'm equally hard on everyone who wants to come here who doesn't want to assimilate. My wife is Asian as many of you know, and I've told her at times to discourage her relatives from moving here if they are not going to learn English and truly try to assimilate. Nothing wrong with speaking another language, but you need to really know English if you are going to work here and interact with the public.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Quite a compliment that thousands want to come to Trump's America. Are we that great or are we just the better alternative?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:05 pm Alright Chickn, go to try to live in Mexico illegally. Do you know what they can do to you? It's much harsher than what could ever happen to you here. But let's just continue to criticize the one country that actually does more for illegals than everyone else. I am part Mexican, btw, so I cannot be accused of being "racist".

I'm equally hard on everyone who wants to come here who doesn't want to assimilate. My wife is Asian as many of you know, and I've told her at times to discourage her relatives from moving here if they are not going to learn English and truly try to assimilate. Nothing wrong with speaking another language, but you need to really know English if you are going to work here and interact with the public.
lol...you know how many natural-born, caucasian-americans i interact with on a regular basis that don't know English (writing and/or speaking)?

and they've supposedly been learning it their whole lives...
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:47 pm
lobster wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:05 pm Alright Chickn, go to try to live in Mexico illegally. Do you know what they can do to you? It's much harsher than what could ever happen to you here. But let's just continue to criticize the one country that actually does more for illegals than everyone else. I am part Mexican, btw, so I cannot be accused of being "racist".

lol...you know how many natural-born, caucasian-americans i interact with on a regular basis that don't know English (writing and/or speaking)?

and they've supposedly been learning it their whole lives...
Ok, I admit that made me grin. Nothing to do with my point, but it was a little funny.

Dolo makes a great point. Why do so many people want to come to America if it's such a horrible racist country?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Cuz the other 74% of Americans aren't rascist?
Last edited by defixione on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

How does Lobster explain the bad example set for his wife's relatives by First Lady Melania, who seems to have refused to learn proper English for the last 20 years that she's lived in the U.S.?
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Is this what JeepinJ was talking about earlier--immigrants and scientific/medical advances?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartande ... be75a42d6e
Don't inject Lysol.