The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:57 pm How does Lobster explain the bad example set for his wife's relatives by First Lady Melania, who seems to have refused to learn proper English for the last 20 years that she's lived in the U.S.?
If Eliza Doolittle could go from a cockney accent to proper English, then so can Melania. But then again the Donald is no Rex Harrison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmADMB2utAo
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

What is the deal with right wingers talking about movie characters instead of real people.

Ivana Trump left Czechoslovakia and settled in Canada and then the U.S. from 1972-73. A video of her in 1992 shows that she is far more fluent in English than Melania and one can actually understand what she is saying. She doesn't have to read every single thing from notes or a teleprompter, like Melania. Her English may not be perfect, but it's understandable.

Supporting Donald Trump and talking about others learning English when his wife has never bothered to is simply hypocritical.

See this video with Ivana.
https://youtu.be/5zVCklWVC7c
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

seahawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:54 pm Is this what JeepinJ was talking about earlier--immigrants and scientific/medical advances?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartande ... be75a42d6e
An example, for sure.

My wife tells me that their progress in cancer treatment research was put at least a few years behind their previous trajectory.

Many of the interns and scientists have been unable to return.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 pm
seahawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:54 pm Is this what JeepinJ was talking about earlier--immigrants and scientific/medical advances?

An example, for sure.

My wife tells me that their progress in cancer treatment research was put at least a few years behind their previous trajectory.

I can just about guarantee there no Rhodes scholars, scientists, brain surgeons, astrophysicists, etc... in that caravan. I would also venture to say there are more losers than winners.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:21 pm

An example, for sure.

I can just about guarantee there no Rhodes scholars, scientists, brain surgeons, astrophysicists, etc... in that caravan. I would also venture to say there are more losers than winners.
JFC
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

An example, for sure.

That would be a good bet.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Post WWII Europe and current day Africa show us that streams of refugees don’t look like this “caravan,” with its mostly military aged males accompanied by a few token females and kids. Some is paying for their buses, food, and shelter along the way. Someone organized it from the start. Who? This was not spontaneous.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

kubandalum wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am Post WWII Europe and current day Africa show us that streams of refugees don’t look like this “caravan,” with its mostly military aged males accompanied by a few token females and kids. Some is paying for their buses, food, and shelter along the way. Someone organized it from the start. Who? This was not spontaneous.
I'm assuming you've already met Count and Psych?
Last edited by chiknbut on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

kubandalum wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am Post WWII Europe and current day Africa show us that streams of refugees don’t look like this “caravan,” with its mostly military aged males accompanied by a few token females and kids. Some is paying for their buses, food, and shelter along the way. Someone organized it from the start. Who? This was not spontaneous.
The republicans, so they can throw more fear at their base? That's not a real stretch from their selling cocaine in the US to fund a war in Central America, is it?
Last edited by defixione on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Ancient history, Fix. Ancient history.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:27 am Ancient history, Fix. Ancient history.
Bullshit!

Bill Clinton is STILL running cocaine out of the Mena airport!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 pm

An example, for sure.

That would be a good bet.
Right!
Because someone who wants asylum and a better life is a "loser" and someone who chooses to be a condescending judgmental _______ on a message board is a "winner".
GOT IT! Thanks for the lesson guys!
God bless America!
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Thank god all my ancestors got here before the invention of message boards.