Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by Deleted User 89 »

speaking of fox, just read that hannity is an avid practicer of mma

struck me as a bit odd
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:29 am https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-i ... rs-tell-us

Fox News must have furloughed all of their editors and management staff as part of the government shut down. I agree with all of this opinion piece. I was shocked to find it on Fox News.
You should read George Will from yesterday.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 am speaking of fox, just read that hannity is an avid practicer of mma

struck me as a bit odd
I wonder what that even means.

I've never thought of MMA as a discipline in and of itself, but a -- and catch how clever I am here -- mix of martial arts. You can practice boxing. You can practice one of the standing martial arts. You can practice jiu jitsu. But how do you practice MMA unless you're actually fighting? And he's waaaaay too old for that.
Deleted User 89

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 am speaking of fox, just read that hannity is an avid practicer of mma

struck me as a bit odd

I've never thought of MMA as a discipline in and of itself, but a -- and catch how clever I am here -- mix of martial arts. You can practice boxing. You can practice one of the standing martial arts. You can practice jiu jitsu. But how do you practice MMA unless you're actually fighting? And he's waaaaay too old for that.
i got a kick out of imagining him doing it

apparently, he recently injured his hand on the head gear of an opponent...so he must be “fighting”
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

weird
Deleted User 89

couldn’t decide which thread to stick this is, but it is rather political and relevant here

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... department
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

“Everybody knows that walls work,” Trump said. “You look at different places they put up a wall, no problem. You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places. They go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest cities, immediately.”

Uh, San Antonio is 150 miles north of the US-Mexico border and has no wall. WTF is that moron even talking about?
Deleted User 89

i can see russia from my porch
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:40 pm “Everybody knows that walls work,” Trump said. “You look at different places they put up a wall, no problem. You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places. They go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest cities, immediately.”

Uh, San Antonio is 150 miles north of the US-Mexico border and has no wall. WTF is that moron even talking about?
The Alamo Dude....the Alamo...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:47 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:40 pm “Everybody knows that walls work,” Trump said. “You look at different places they put up a wall, no problem. You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places. They go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest cities, immediately.”

The Alamo Dude....the Alamo...
Ironically, it had a wall built around it. How'd THAT work out?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

From the ACLU today.

Ever since we filed our class action lawsuit, Ms. L v. ICE, almost one year ago, the Trump administration keeps changing its story on family separation.

First, they said the policy didn't exist. Then they admitted to separating dozens, then hundreds, then thousands of kids, including infants and toddlers. And now, a new report says there could be thousands more than the 2,737 children that the Trump administration had previously reported. Because the government failed to track all the families it tore apart.

This policy has been a disaster from the start, and the more we learn, the worse it gets. Recently, we learned that the Trump administration wanted to specifically target parents for prosecution, hoping that the horror of family separation would deter immigration. Some officials even suggested denying the separated children's legal right to a full asylum hearing.

Here's a quick recap of what's happened since we sued last year: In June a federal judge directed the government to halt separations and to reunite children with their parents, and public outrage from activists like you forced President Trump to rescind the policy that same month. Since then, we've been fighting tooth and nail to reunite all the families – because the Trump administration refused. We even traveled to Central America to find the parents the government deported without their kids.

Though we were able to reunite many families, this crisis isn't over. Federal inspectors have found that separations are still happening, even after the court order to stop.

I know it's hard to keep up with the news about this needlessly cruel policy – especially when not even the government itself has a clear picture of how many families it separated. But you can count on us to keep fighting. We'll be back in court to make sure every single family is accounted for.

Thanks for your support,
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

shameful
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 am

struck me as a bit odd

He's also too much of a coward. Remember when he said waterboarding was not torture and that he would volunteer to be waterboarded to raise money for troops? That cowardly-lion Hannity? All talk and no action Hannity? Bwawawawawawawa

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... sed/219665
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Rick Wilson zings President Miller over the way in which he guides Trump's immigration policies.

Maybe someday he'll have a relationship with a live human woman.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-wilson ... man-woman/
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

i read that, and chuckled
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Is that like the opposite of slut shaming?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I just heard Trump say "guess what? The wall just got ten feet taller"
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:30 am couldn’t decide which thread to stick this is, but it is rather political and relevant here

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... department
The government can't save the earth from warming. Politicians are only interested in lining their own pockets.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Relevant to this discussion?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... #read-more

A few pages ago some agreed with me that employers should be arrested and prosecuted. Still hold the same view?