The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:34 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:30 pm

Been the plan since before Admiral Cheeto was even elected.
Yeah, there are a huge number of politicians getting fat and super rich off the teat of unmonitored, poorly audited government contracts all over the world.
fyp
Not really. Those guys are getting peanuts compared to what the owners of these corporations landing these contracts are getting.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Yeah, there are a huge number of politicians getting fat and super rich off the teat of unmonitored, poorly audited government contracts all over the world.
fyp
Not really. Those guys are getting peanuts compared to what the owners of these corporations landing these contracts are getting.
Solution: See my post on the "Wall".
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:13 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:20 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:17 pm
Thanks for making a great case for Trump’s wall!
nope, but hold onto your delusion...i’m sure it’s about all you’ve got
Delusional or not, common sense says that In this case the wall would actually prevent the rowdy caravan from aiming deadly weapons (in this case jagged rocks) at the border patrol. However since this simple explanation escapes you, I can see why you think it's delusional. (Actually I should know better since common sense among anti-Trumpers is not so common).
so how much have you donated to the wall?

wall or fence, people can still throw things over, fucking idiot

here’s a novel idea, how about we make it so they have no desire to throw things at all?
Deleted User 89

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:34 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:20 pm

nope, but hold onto your delusion...i’m sure it’s about all you’ve got
Delusional or not, common sense says that In this case the wall would actually prevent the rowdy caravan from aiming deadly weapons (in this case jagged rocks) at the border patrol. However since this simple explanation escapes you, I can see why you think it's delusional. (Actually I should know better since common sense among anti-Trumpers is not so common).

here’s a novel idea, how about we make it so they have no desire to throw things at all?

Interested to know what your plan would be to prevent the caravan from throwing rocks at border patrol agents?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:42 am more lies...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... 66?cid=apn
Pretty sure the score is 1-0 US v Mexico on folks being murdered at the border.
At least it was only a child.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:09 am Image
At least once a month.

YT, PBO
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Are the reports that very few of these people are actually wanting/attempting to correctly apply for asylum once they reach our border true?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The reports I’ve heard are, the Trump administration has made it incredibly (prohibitively?) difficult to correctly apply for asylum.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 am

Since you're the score keeper, this might help;

https://www.cato.org/blog/border-patrol ... -line-duty
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 am

Since you're the score keeper, this might help;

https://www.cato.org/blog/border-patrol ... -line-duty
Thanks for making my point for me.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 am Are the reports that very few of these people are actually wanting/attempting to correctly apply for asylum once they reach our border true?
My guess is that when people walk and request asylum and get told to fuck off and go home that the result is that there are "very few pending asylum requests" as is being reported.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 am

Interested to know what your plan would be to prevent the caravan from throwing rocks at border patrol agents?
It's a rock. Good grief.
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 am The reports I’ve heard are, the Trump administration has made it incredibly (prohibitively?) difficult to correctly apply for asylum.
i tried to find the story, but last week there was an npr bit that was reporting that border agents were deliberately telling asylum seekers to go to the wrong place

the newsweek article i linked indicated that the vast majority want to go through the asylum process, regardless of how they actually enter into the country

even if they enter illegally, they still have the legal right to an asylum hearing...according to both US and international law
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:58 am
dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 am

It's a rock. Good grief.
So......no plan
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:05 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 am The reports I’ve heard are, the Trump administration has made it incredibly (prohibitively?) difficult to correctly apply for asylum.
i tried to find the story, but last week there was an npr bit that was reporting that border agents were deliberately telling asylum seekers to go to the wrong place

the newsweek article i linked indicated that the vast majority want to go through the asylum process, regardless of how they actually enter into the country

even if they enter illegally, they still have the legal right to an asylum hearing...according to both US and international law
That's fine, they may want to go through the process, but many do not show up for a hearing, isn't that an issue that should be dealt with?
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm

That's fine, they may want to go through the process, but many do not show up for a hearing, isn't that an issue that should be dealt with?
how many? link?

regardless, sure it should be dealt with

but giving desperate people no other option is what has yielded the problem we have now

rather than demonizing, sending troops, and making the process unnecessarily difficult, how about we direct resources to more effectively apply the actual law?

crazy, i know...
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:02 pm
dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm

how many? link?

regardless, sure it should be dealt with

but giving desperate people no other option is what has yielded the problem we have now

rather than demonizing, sending troops, and making the process unnecessarily difficult, how about we direct resources to more effectively apply the actual law?

crazy, i know...
You asked;
https://immigrationreform.com/2018/07/1 ... -hearings/
Former federal immigration judge Mark Metcalf knows better. He calculates that 43 percent of asylum seekers with court orders to appear never showed up for their hearings in 2016.
Taylor Sheridan