The Travel Thread

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: The Travel Thread

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:59 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:58 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:52 pmSame ^^^.
I also, even in big groups I'm close with (family or close friends), prefer the independence of everyone being able to manage themselves.

But, I'm not everyone. Others like communal, shared spaces and the organic interaction that comes with them. Me, I prefer "hey, I'm gonna be in the lobby for coffee by around 8:00, welcome to join."
I can roll with the punches but actually loathe making decisions by committee, especially with/during my free time. It takes forever, and always, eventually, devolves to the lowest common, (grilled cheese, chicken tendersesque chain restaurant), denominator. You go do/eat whatever wherever you prefer, and I'm gonna be in the lobby for coffee by around 8:00...
Yeah, I'm a BIG fan of "I'm going to be doing XYZ, anyone is welcome to join." Cannot stand the LSAT-type paralysis over managing each and every person's particulars.

A psychologist would probably tell you that I'm reacting to my mother being the enjoys-the-paralysis type.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I also, even in big groups I'm close with (family or close friends), prefer the independence of everyone being able to manage themselves.

But, I'm not everyone. Others like communal, shared spaces and the organic interaction that comes with them. Me, I prefer "hey, I'm gonna be in the lobby for coffee by around 8:00, welcome to join."
I can roll with the punches but actually loathe making decisions by committee, especially with/during my free time. It takes forever, and always, eventually, devolves to the lowest common, (grilled cheese, chicken tendersesque chain restaurant), denominator. You go do/eat whatever wherever you prefer, and I'm gonna be in the lobby for coffee by around 8:00...
And we did meet for coffee, around 8 am every morning!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

believe it was an air b&b (wife booked it) that we stayed in early last spring up in idaho. it was an old farm house on a working cattle ranch…perfect for our pups and us

the broad selection that they offer, seemingly something for everyone, has been a plus for us. in fact, i can’t say that i’ve ever had a bad air b&b experience

years ago we had a family reunion at taos, staying at a place called the New Buffalo, an old hippy commune that had been converted to a rental. i think there was something like 25 of us all staying under one roof. most everyone ski’d at the time, so we were all happy with the taos and angel fire options
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:43 pm

I was thinking after I posted that it wasn't a problem in the Empire, we're all into ethnic food so much.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Is that amazing Amish breakfast in Monte Vista considered ethnic?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:53 pm Is that amazing Amish breakfast in Monte Vista considered ethnic?
Same thing, only different.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Fair enough
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real let’s talk Boeing whistleblower death conspiracy theories!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:59 pm For real let’s talk Boeing whistleblower death conspiracy theories!
KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:13 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:12 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:11 am boeing failed 33 of 89 FAA audits over a recent 6 week period (i think that’s what i heard)

uh, no thank you to air travel
and then the whistle blower calling them out Epsteined himself....
right

not suspicious at all
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:21 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:59 pm For real let’s talk Boeing whistleblower death conspiracy theories!
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:12 am

and then the whistle blower calling them out Epsteined himself....
right

not suspicious at all
he blocked me, so he misses out on all my outstanding content and insight.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:32 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:21 pm
right

not suspicious at all
he blocked me, so he misses out on all my outstanding content and insight.
grasshopper he ain't.
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Admittedly, I did loose patience with the petty putdowns.

But yea, “if it’s Boeing you ain’t whistleblowing”

Even if the dood did legit commit suicide, I mean what sort of situation had to be so toxic as to make someone suicidal in the first place

You gotta figure they been having meetings like, “should we recall our planes, our just let more people die?”

I know it’s statistically still not as safe, but I still prefer road trips.

Besides, it’s not like I can take a plane to The Empire.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

fuckin a, this guy, always the victim. Only one person on this site has called another person on this site a miserable white piece of shit nazi.....and it ain't me holmes.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 am fuckin a, this guy, always the victim.
It's tough work changing the world!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:28 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 am fuckin a, this guy, always the victim.
It's tough work changing the world!
If you want to talk about Trump, take it to the Politics forum

dammit
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 pm

I was thinking after I posted that it wasn't a problem in the Empire, we're all into ethnic food so much.
Sadly I recently found out that Fernandez Taqueria has sold their last pork torta. They closed up shop after 50 some years and retired. Damn it.

But I think The Sunflour Cafe got a facelift maybe, and they are still rocking breakfast. I had to leave the Empire before the big storm hit yesterday and did not have time for breakfast on my way to La Veta Pass so I can not confirm the facelift.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:52 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 pm

Sadly I recently found out that Fernandez Taqueria has sold their last pork torta. They closed up shop after 50 some years and retired. Damn it.

But I think The Sunflour Cafe got a facelift maybe, and they are still rocking breakfast. I had to leave the Empire before the big storm hit yesterday and did not have time for breakfast on my way to La Veta Pass so I can not confirm the facelift.
That breakfast is definitely in my top 10.

Trout and Eggs at LePeep in Coeur d'Alene is undefeated.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

'If anything happens, it's not suicide': Boeing whistleblower's prediction before death

https://wpde.com/news/local/if-anything ... ews-4-2024
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Heading to KC today. As soon as I can get Mrs. 99 in the car. Driving through Iowa is always a treat.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Remember my road trip rule about how I don’t count having been to a state unless I’ve done something there?

I took a fat nap in a HyVee parking lot in Iowa on my way back from my college roommates trying to drown me with Miller Lite at the Wisconsin State Fair.

I count having been to Iowa.